Overwatch

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
D.Va's defense matrix is crazy now.

I'm moving all over the place just to block shots on my team. It actually feels like tanking.
Yeah, D.Va is amazing. I want this patch to go live right now. lol

Zeynatta's speed when he uses his ultimate just seems absurd. His ultimate didn't need buffing. Health + another healing orb is what I thought he should have gotten.

Xalara

Golden Squire
I love the concept, I'm just not looking forward to Ana in queues. I've found that snipers suck in general because they have very little presence unless they're actually good, especially on defense. On offense they usually only have to get off one well timed snipe to break the defense, but when defending you need to really do more. It's different at higher levels of play where players can actually aim, but at mid and lower tier I generally dislike snipers.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I mean, McCree and Hanzo were both seeing tourney play yesterday and today, but with the McCree buff I see no reason why Hanzo would stick around there. McCree is just back to being the best mid and short range hero against 80% of the roster. Soldier has a little more utility but even then, looking at PTR games, I'd take McCree over him almost every time.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I played a few hours of competitive on the PTR to get a better feel of Ana...not 4 of her per team like QP is right now.

This is my opinion as a ranked 40 player, with just a few hours with her.

As a sniper for damage...she's simply horrible in my opinion. Her body shot does little damage, has no headshot bonus, and has a very slow firing rate, and only 6 charges. Her lack of movement ability to get to the good sniping spot means that every single class can get to her...which pretty much sucks for a sniper. She doesn't have an alternate firing mode like Widowmaker for when in close range...she can be in scope mode or non scope mode, but damage is the same, firing rate is the same, etc..

As a sniper healer, that's actually tons of fun, but suffers from the same issue as when dealing damage...cannot reach good sniping spot, slow firing rate, and kinda low heal...it's not as bad as her damage feels, but it's not great either. The other issue is when healing from a distance...your teammate are constantly out of line of sight.

So for her basic gameplay, I found her to actually work a lot better in mid-range and not using the scope, and just firing normally. You can target for healing just as easily and can deal damage just as easily...you have a lot less issue with line of sight making it significantly easier to heal. This also allows you to benefit from your grenade heals.

So that part of her is very underwhelming in my opinion...even though it tons of fun to play her.

The stun dart, it's a great as an interrupt...can be a great mez but will most likely be extremely hard to use as such since coordination for the group to not hit the sleeping person will be very difficult. It's great a great escape tool though if you don't miss.
smile.png

The grenade...it heals for a significant amount, increase healing received for 5-6 seconds, it also damages enemies, and prevents healing for 5-6 seconds. It has a fairly small radius, but can be thrown very far. It can be extremely powerful and turn the tide of battle in a confined area where you can hit 2-3 allies and/or 2-3 enemies.

Now for the ultimate, it's simply crazy powerful in my opinion and I doubt it will go live as it is...it boost damage, increase damage reduction, and gives a speed boost. It very often ends up with a team wipe when used...withoit even requiring the affected player to use their own ultimate. I've seen a few Rein and Winston wipe the other when boosted with it.

Overall, she feels underwhelming in regular gameplay, low damage, somewhat low healing, and no mobility to speak off make her feel a bit weak...that is offset by her grenade and ultimate which to me feels very powerful. My issue is that she doesn't work very well as a sniper. She will be at best very situational. I think Mercy will still dominate as a healer, followed by Lucio...and quite possibly by Zanyeta now who is a serious threat.

My favourite map so far with her, and I haven't played her everywhere was The Temple in Nepal. It was easy to get a good range position, and heal from afar, throw grenades in the small control point always hitting a few allies and enemies. It's probably the map where she felt the most like a sniper healer and played like she was designed to.

Looking forward to her on live.

And damn do I love the no hero stacking in competitive.
smile.png

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think shes a lot of fun, her ult is a little too good though but i guess that means all supports except symmetra are going to have really good ults then so that's nice~ (sym's is good but it's easy to get rid of and takes awhile to remake.) it doesn't negate wombos like every other support in the game will have.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
I don't know about anyone else, but 'fffffffffffff these animated shorts'. Their quality for the OW lore and backstories has been pretty darn good.

@Needless - I don't really have problems getting Symmetra's ult. active quickly, but it does require me to not die from charging in to murder Tracer who thinks she can dodge an auto-aim gun.
tongue.png
It's pretty funny how many people will IGNORE Symmetra despite how lethal she is, and this is without counting turret assistance.

Xalara

Golden Squire
I don't know about anyone else, but 'fffffffffffff these animated shorts'. Their quality for the OW lore and backstories has been pretty darn good.

@Needless - I don't really have problems getting Symmetra's ult. active quickly, but it does require me to not die from charging in to murder Tracer who thinks she can dodge an auto-aim gun.
tongue.png
It's pretty funny how many people will IGNORE Symmetra despite how lethal she is, and this is without counting turret assistance.
Considering Blizzard spent hundreds of millions of dollars creating the lore before making Overwatch*, I'd certainly hope it's good!

*Overwatch is the remains of the failed Project Titan.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I like McCree's buff cause we won't see as much Phara now. A good Phara has too much effect on a match.

So with the Mercy change does the Ultimate recharge rate is really slower now or is it the same because of the self regen?

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Developer Notes: Mercy's ultimate is one of the most powerful abilities in the game; however, players would often fly into the fray and die while using it. With this update, Resurrect will now take a bit longer to charge, but Mercy will be a lot safer when activating the ability in the middle of combat. In addition, we always intended Mercy?s Damage Boost beam to be her primary method for dealing damage, but it often felt so weak that you were better off pulling out your blaster. To help address this, we've slightly increased its potency.
"Will now take a bit longer to charge." So at least a small nerf to it. Roadhog seems the biggest nerf as he can't charge ult nearly as fast without self healing. If he has a healer on him and is relying on damage to build the ult, I'm guessing it will wind up taking longer than before. PTR peeps should be able to confirm.

Edit: Reading comprehension.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Mercy's "self heal" is really just a passive undocumented thing. I highly doubt it builds ult charge. Unlike Lucio's which actively heals him when the heal aura is switched on.

Tenks

I'm kind of surprised Seagull doesn't just quit his pro team and go full time streamer. I do enjoy that he's a popular streamer on a high level team but his stream is getting very inconsistent now due to the volume of tournaments he needs to participate in. I'd sell out fast for that dirty streamer cash.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
A little confused about tryhards on PTR who don't want to lose a QP game so bad that they stack torbs and bastions to keep the point.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm kind of surprised Seagull doesn't just quit his pro team and go full time streamer. I do enjoy that he's a popular streamer on a high level team but his stream is getting very inconsistent now due to the volume of tournaments he needs to participate in. I'd sell out fast for that dirty streamer cash.
Agreed. At 50k+ viewers when he turns it on plus all the donations and tips, guy is making serious bank.

Just stream 8 hours a day and retire a milliionaire.

Tenks

I like how they're adding more anti-ultimate counters in the game now. Maybe it'll mix up the high level game where it is generally a battle of ults vs ults. Now with DVa's more reliable matrix to eat projectile based ults and Ana's ability to reliably stun out ults it could set up more counter-play against ults instead of the counter play of getting wiped and having the knowledge that ult won't be up next time.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, lirik is a millionaire and he pulls in around 25-30k viewers a day. Seagull can easily do it with the 40k he's been averaging. Shit, he might be able to get Tournaments to pay him to show up at them now since he's so popular.