Overwatch

Xevy

Log Wizard
Is that true? I wondered how the pro players manage to have 76's tempo down to the nanosecond. I just assumed they were far, far better than me.
I just constantly tapped it, probably lose a little RPM, but never get recoil. Most of the old CS players just know how to tap for 4 shots and stop over and over.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Is that true? I wondered how the pro players manage to have 76's tempo down to the nanosecond. I just assumed they were far, far better than me.
Yea the super basic version is just bind left click to be 5 individual mouseclicks with a .2 second delay, gives like 95% of full auto speed and 0 spread ever.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yea the super basic version is just bind left click to be 5 individual mouseclicks with a .2 second delay, gives like 95% of full auto speed and 0 spread ever.
Hm interesting. Though I guess this change will only make it so they have to set the delay a bit higher.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea I'm going to be a D'Va main again for sure. Not being able to die to her own ult anymore is a pretty big deal. Now she can use her pistol and chase people down as they run from her Ult instead of having to hide/run too. Definitely going to open up options for how and where she ults. Also I called the reduced charge time on Ult
biggrin.png
Very surprised she's getting a bit more then that though.. I think she'll be a viable and strong pick now. With the D'Va change the only heroes that can kill themselves with their own abilities are Junkrat and Pharah now.

Soldier nerf is kinda sad but I don't macro anyway so might not be too big a deal. 57% win rate with him in 70 competitive games. He's been my main man.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Can relate to a ton of this. The first thing I ever type when joining a group is that I'm in team voice if people want to join. And if I'm queued with a group the first thing we do is switch over and then say the same thing. Results are about 50/50 I would say, with this leading to half the groups I'm in having actual real, helpful communication and half of the groups with people just ignoring the request. Whatever.

The hero complaints arent ever going to go away and I always just try and be nice. Like, "hey, I don't want to tell you what to play and if you're best with Sym here whatever but she doesn't make a ton of sense on this defense point." Or something like that. I'd say I strike out more times than not, but sometimes people switch. I can't place blame though. On offense I'm playing Soldier or Lucio and not much else.
Yeah, no doubt, I try to be as reasonable and polite as I can. I've learned from League how tilt people can get when you insult their intergity. I often have to tell my friend who is generally IGL w/ my group that he has to be slightly more tact with randoms because he can be very abrasive. On the Symm player we tried to explain logic, and he was convinced it was going to work. So we complied and said just switch asap when shit gets rough and he didn't. We kindly explained why it didn't work while he was in pure blowback, it was just funny because he tried to use the other four as a clutch and that he was the only person complaining. The other randoms just railed into him, it was classic. It was less about "Are we going to win" but "how long it took us to win, because of you." We ended up befriending those randoms and have been plowing games.

Isn't this making McCree literally beta McCree? I thought the FtH buff was a direct result of them nerfing his range. Now he has his range back with FtH back to being pre-buff.
Well the nerf on FtH was because basically as a McCree it was 100% meta to just run corners FtH'ing and tanks were dropping way too fast. Now FtH has a specific use, which is still arguably tanks and short panic bursts. Though w/ the current McCree with his range basically gimps the fuck out of him, with this change he should be more relative as a hitscan character. I have a friend who is a McCree main, so I get to hear him cry about range and how FtH is basically useless because meta now is to flashbang and go for the headshot.. if you're a good McCree.

Also, Fuck yeah on Soldier nerf. I couldn't stand playing him w/ that 4 shot reset bullshit, and some people were just absurd with him because of it. People will still be good w/ 76 because i've only notice so few people abuse it, and abusing it on say Gib ontop of the harrier, is just fucking broken.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I find most of the change to be interesting. It doesn't look like they fixed the leaver penalty, which they might not even consider to be broken. Since the hero stacking was getting to be my biggest issue in competitive at low ranks, I'm quite happy with the hero limit, I can play enough heroes that this will not affect me.

Like someone mentioned, it might end up with more leavers if people cannot play their favorite heroes, but that should happen during hero select where the game is simply cancelled without penalties for anyone but the leaver...so that might be good.

I can't wait to try Ana...oh PTR finished patching while I typed this...off to try her.
smile.png

Oh shit 4000 queue.
smile.png

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
My assumption isproplayers aren't doing this but a lot of people in the higher brackets are, but maybe I'm just being naive.

I just shoot in 5 shot bursts (and with the change i'll have to drop that to 4 I think) which probably isn't quite as efficient as a fluid tempo tap but I'm better lining up head shots that way. And then if things get crazy on a control point or something probably a little more full auto than I should be doing but I'm not claiming to be great or anything.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I haven't seen it yet, but my assumption will be that we will see less quick tapping 76s and more counterstrike esq burst firing. A less abusive mechanic, and quick tapping or not will make an envitiable recoil spread to happen. My question will we see more double tapping 76s now when it comes to range fighting. I feel like with this nerf, pharah players are rejoicing.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Don't feel like dl'ing the PTR but new hero seems interesting for sure after watching some streams... like no mobility but the grenade is a decent AoE heal so it makes you want to stay with teammates and "snipe" enemies as they approach. Sleep dart seems only useful at close range. I got a feeling she won't be too favored in the long run. Thankfully 1 hero limit means we won't need to endure the 6 stack Ana teams when she's released (in competitive).

Needless

Toe Sucker
I haven't seen it yet, but my assumption will be that we will see less quick tapping 76s and more counterstrike esq burst firing. A less abusive mechanic, and quick tapping or not will make an envitiable recoil spread to happen. My question will we see more double tapping 76s now when it comes to range fighting. I feel like with this nerf, pharah players are rejoicing.
I wouldn't rejoice too hard if McCree is getting his range back!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Junkrat can kill himself if he blows it up, not sure if you blow it up though - don't think that does any damage

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Good balance changes, imho. 10% increase to Lucio's Ult seems out of nowhere. I didn't think it charged up that quick in the first place. D.Va and Zenyatta are going to be a blast to play now!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Good balance changes, imho. 10% increase to Lucio's Ult seems out of nowhere. I didn't think it charged up that quick in the first place. D.Va and Zenyatta are going to be a blast to play now!
I think the 10% nerf was in response to him now gaining ult off healing himself