Overwatch

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Started playing genji in ranked a bit more. I'm no seagull but I feel pretty good at it, probably my best hero in any case.

As soon as you pick Genji in the 40's someone starts bitching, guaranteed. Doesn't matter what the team looks like, what the other team looks like, how good you are, anything.. people bitch.

I even got POTM twice and the guy still complained. I just ignore them now.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
To be fair its pretty easy to get PotG on Genji. His sword is pretty much cruise control to get at least 2 frags and getting 3-4 is pretty common. Even when I'm getting zero medals in a match as Genji it isn't odd that I get PotG simply because I sworded some people down once.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Its funny you'll get people who fundamentally don't understand how KotH plays out. Some guy was raging we weren't just bum rushing the point on Lijiang. In reality the only time you rush the point is a bit on Control but even better its best to take the mid-high ground instead of the pit. But Garden the initial skirmish is almost always out in the open and the same with Market.

Many just don't know when to back off. Myself included sometimes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
To be fair its pretty easy to get PotG on Genji. His sword is pretty much cruise control to get at least 2 frags and getting 3-4 is pretty common. Even when I'm getting zero medals in a match as Genji it isn't odd that I get PotG simply because I sworded some people down once.
I don't know about easy, maybe for someone that's put some time into Genji it's fairly easy but you always got people like Junkrat or Dvas able to clear out mass people too. Plus I looked ballin as fuck when I did it.

The point is people assume you're a retard if you pick Genji

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
If you're actually trying to win then making calls to regroup before pushing into the point helps a ton. It calms the bloodlust and helps prevent people just trickling into a 1v6 fight repeatedly.

Tenks

If you control the point in KotH you never really want to back off. Since while it is contesting you are gaining percent it is always the right move to make sure the cap does not flip over. Even personally delaying the capture via contest can net you a free couple of %. However once the cap is flipped you always want to regroup as 6 to make organized pushes.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Its funny you'll get people who fundamentally don't understand how KotH plays out. Some guy was raging we weren't just bum rushing the point on Lijiang. In reality the only time you rush the point is a bit on Control but even better its best to take the mid-high ground instead of the pit. But Garden the initial skirmish is almost always out in the open and the same with Market.
It's not just KotH, there are a lot of people with a very poor understanding of the game fundamentals to be honest, and of the different game modes, strategies and tactics...at least in the 45 and under ranking.

Tenks

Even at 60 good luck convincing your team the proper way to take Hanamura B is to rush the high ground. Nope its better to just feed mid the entire fucking time.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I know there's a lot of stat track sites, but I was unaware ofOverbuff - Overwatch Statisticsuntil last night. It has a hero ranking score, which I'm not sure if masterOverwatch and the other site have or not yet. It gives you your ranking if you're within the top 500 players or it will tell you your percentile, but it has a flat number that is your 'value'. I'm not sure how it breaks down, but I think it goes to 500 and anything over 300 is "pretty good".

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I agree with Tenks that recoil might go a long way. Hit FTH already has recoil so it's not like it would feel foreign

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Even at 60 good luck convincing your team the proper way to take Hanamura B is to rush the high ground. Nope its better to just feed mid the entire fucking time.
I bet if we polled the entire ladder, about 90 percent would say they understand tactics and map strategy better than their teammates.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't read the forum post because work blocks b.net, but recoil really doesn't seem to be a problem McCree needs. Scale down the damage falloff to somewhere in the middle for once, buff FtH SLIGHTLY (they dropped it what, 10 damage per bullet? Tons of room to increase that slightly or increase the actual fire speed of FtH which might be the real answer), and see how that does. Why go the really hard way and add a new mechanic to his LMB that, more than likely, will have little to no effect? His fire rate is already slow-ish, so unless it's a minor recoil time it will basically make him unusable again, and if it's minor it doesn't matter because you want headshot -> bodyshot on McCree anyway 99% of the time, it's rarely worth trying to force a second headshot.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They just put up a new patch:

HERO BALANCE UPDATES

Ana

Biotic Rifle
Rate of fire increased by 20%
Magazine size increased from 8 to 10

Developer Comments: While Ana has been very well received, she was showing to be a little bit weaker overall. In addition to helping her feel better to play, these changes should also increase her healing and damage output.

McCree

Peacemaker
Primary Fire
Damage falloff range decreased by 10 meters
Damage falloff amount is unchanged
As a result, even with this change, McCree's effective range is still higher than it was at launch

Alternate Fire
Rate of fire increased by 15%
Flashbang
Recovery time (i.e. the amount of time before McCree can fire again) decreased from 0.5 seconds to 0.35 seconds

Developer Comments: McCree's latest range increase helped him quite a bit, but it was a bit too much in the right hands. This change weakens his long range damage somewhat, but still keeps it stronger than it has been in the recent past. The other changes combine to allow him to land more alternate fire shots on targets that he has hit with Flashbang.

BUG FIXES

Heroes
Targets of Ana's Sleep Dart will no longer instantly recover when damaged (recovery time is now 0.5 seconds)

User Interface
Fixed UI compatibility issues for ATI cards
Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause L?cio, Mei, and other models to only partially render (or disappear)

[PC] Overwatch Patch Notes - July 26, 2016 - Overwatch Forums

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well shit, what am I gonna complain about now? That is almost pixel-perfect what I wanted them to do to McCree :p

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_137142.png

We'll see about that! ;D

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Watched seagulls stream today. He said his big announcement is on hold indefinitely. Not sure when we will hear what's going on.

He did say he will be streaming less to practice more, as his team hasn't been doing well or something.

Also I noticed he only played with shayed and occasionally one other, not like before when he had a full team

Needless

Toe Sucker
Mccree dropoff should be 25% imo but well see how that goes!

Flash recovery from 0.5 > 0.35 is kind of funny, more time to line up a gauranted headshot into a faster FTH if needed (or typical follow up left click)