Overwatch

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
DVa, junkrat, mei, bastion, and rein?
I'm only in the 40s, but even in that shit tier you don't see DVa or Junkrat ults killing lots of people anymore. I know what you're saying, in that those ults are capable of that, but I think people get out of the way or shoot the tire more often than 3+ kills.

Mei and Reins ults are getting those multi kills paired with others.

Bastion is a good example.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The one thing I enjoy about the shit tier I'm in is that I can play Mccree and not feel like I'm hurting my team by not allowing someone with better aim play him. Generally have pretty good contributions with him and I think at higher ranks I'd feel guilty because I know my aim isn't amazing.

But flashbangs on other character's ults is my favorite thing in the entire game. Especially all the Reapers that telegraph their ult like crazy.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I think his nerf should be a combination of two. I think the animation cancel thing was needed because it isn't something that was intended, and is something that vastly differs high level/low level play.. so over all that is a fix.

It should have been either the Ult or Movement, but my friend has a theory that they are cutting back on the -lasting- ults to 6 seconds over all. Tbh, overall.. it will dampen Genji, but I think a solid Genji player with practice.. can still do Genji things.. it will just be less about double jumping in, to double jump wall run double jump in/out of fights. I think from a design perspective, it might ruin some maps too. Rare, and probably not as great anymore, but there use to be a cheese with only Genji on Nepal's Shrine. He was able to get on top of the middle spire, and sit there.. often times unnoticed but in full contest.

DVa, junkrat, mei, bastion, and rein?

True, but in an essence.. those characters have a bit more counter play than say, Genji. Most all the characters can get a 3+ ult, but Genji could do it with more ez, given the circumstances.. his counter play is saving ults for that exact moment... which no other character and their 3 plus has that.. most ults are reactionary/combo to other catastrophic events.. but you have to tell a Lucio to wait until Dragon Blade comes out. I have seen all these characters do great ults, 3+ man kills, but when Genji gets it... its literally Anakin vs the Younglings.. its really bad.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Genji can still do mass damage in 6 seconds, cutting it from 8->6 is fine.

Still he only has 200HP and people acted like an invincible guy was flying around

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I rarely get less than 3 kills with Reaper's Ultimate. Genji was fine.
Yeah, but you can also pin/hook/stun/boop/sleep Reaper... There is a reason most Genji mains are high in the competitive ranking from a solo queue perspective.

Sure you can hook a Genji, but also he can deflect and cancel right out of a hook. Let alone being mobile against it while in ult.

If you sleep him, he still has 3 seconds to do work.. if he some how manages to get a full sleep, which is rare haha.

If you boop him.. he is still in dragon blade range.

If you stun him, its only some .7 seconds, that is still enough time to do everything in his kit.

You can pin him, but pinning someone that is in the air might not be the easiest thing.

Right now it, as it stands.. you have to re-actively ult against him That isn't the same w/ Rein or D.va, you can LoS or move from any and all other ults, while Genji just chases you down w/o any real repercussion.

He IS the solo queue stomper.

Still he only has 200HP and people acted like an invincible guy was flying around

It's something that will help separate good genji's from the bad. I mean, when you have a Genji who is high SR, but is shit.. just gets out of low elo because he is against a team that can't hit him.. I've seen it first hand.

I will agree that it ruins a bit of his flow and causing people to relearn, but all its going to do is change his play style from an aggressive assassin to an agitation, similar to that of Tracer.. the class he fits in. More punishment for being with bad positioning.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Or you can switch to Winston and kill him like he's made of paper which to Winston he might as well be. He dies fast.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've never pulled off a deflect right out of a hook.

I can only land a dash out of a hook like 20% of the time. The timing is way too wonky at 20Hz

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
and I've been complaining a lot but it's fine, I'll probably still play him a bunch but I'm also working on Tracer. Genji was such a unique playstyle that I felt he could fit into any comp but with the nerfs I'm not sure.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
True, that you can pick a Winston and body him.. but that isn't the issue. He is most definitely killable, I don't think that's the real issue. Even if you have a Winston, he can still freely get kills before the Winston stops him completely. You can easily kite a Winston, its a team game.. so it'll hardly be a 1v1, though Winston should be focusing.

Like I said, doing one or the other might have been more solid, atleast from teh communities perspective.. but the whole movement nerf.. will not do much but change his style to a more static style of play. He will still be doing the one thing that makes him the most scariest.. Manage to get behind your team, throw surikens and build ult.. if left unkept, he will pop ult and clean house while the enemy team pushes the front. That doesn't change, but the rate at which he can hop and skip inside of a team, and create chaos is dampened. He has to be more melodic in his decisions, and punished harder for a misstep.

As far as 20hz, and timing.. its 60 now, and I see it all the time prior.. so idk XD I've only had the issue on 20 with some small things, like timings like trying to hit a Genji with an arrow while his reflect animation is still going and getting killed when I have clearly ran past the wall, to get rubber band back to a death point.

I can promise you, Genji will still be annoying.. Still be pretty strong disruption and provider of chaos.. it's just he won't be able to solely decimate teams by himself, he'll have to be more cohesive with his team.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Play McCree on comp and try to stop a Genji with flash during his Ult. Do this before PTR. Then you'll know pain. Nothing like flashed/stunned targets continuing their momentum and still moving so you can't fucking shoot them.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Well my dear child... one night, not long ago on a snowy day in Nepal.. me and my squad of 2 found ourselves in a lopsided match, where the ratings were differed by a number larger than 10. Without any insight on what we were up against from my perspective, my teammates were not shy in expressing that both Navi and Poke are of high-tier streamers/players. With the fear instilled in them, and having the foresight of the constant nano Genji coming to wreck our entire team. We found that, the Genji.. aka Poke was actually a potato with a sword. The match began to a 1-0.. then the struggle began to where it was 1-2... we were certain we were doomed. Though, we struggled.. there was a consistent outcry of random arrows, and bs.. it made me strive to keep my pick and provide a level of salt that no other champion could. With one failed aggression in which, Poke thought he could be sneaky and flank the team in the village.. he was immediately shut down by a sleeping dart, to a hook, followed by an arrow. Mistakes were made, and now the match was locked in to a 2-2. The salt levels were at a steady level of 5/6, after that round it rose to an 8/9. We found ourselves back on the shrine, and I continued to wait for this spiderman like Genji to try and climb on the corners of the point, to only be met w/ my arrows. The cries grew louder.. as I rewatched the VoD.. there was only one level headed individual, who kept explaining that they needed to focus the Hanzo.. and he went by the name of Roflgator, who is now the coach to Fnatic. Poke and Navi continued to belittle their team, as the salt levels continued to rise, to the point where it ended 3-2.. His salt between both Poke and Navi broke the scale.. he rage quit ranked and went back to smurfing.. where Navi ended up ditching him. Lulz between my people were had, re-watching the match.

All in all, Poke is not good.. hes one of the people who are good because of the people around him. People are probably entertained by him in a similar way people like Tyler1. With the nerf of Genji, and the change to how rank is distributed.. I won't be surprised if he won't end up a mid tier rager. I didn't notice Navi much that match, but my friend who was going to main Ana said that was his rival for the #1 spot, and that his averages were and still are ass in comparison.. but since Ana/Hanzo doesn't mix, hes stuck on Rein kek.

All in all, I found that day.. Poke was not my equal.. even though not him, enjoy this shot on a fellow Genji that isn't being made from a PTR/Hanzo.

edit; friend told me Seagull went on stream addressing the Genji issue as okay/needed. I wish I had some sort of capture to back me up rather than what my friend is saying... but it was basically on par of what we, as my group of friends, have been discussing.

But essentially he is agreeing with the nerfs in the aspect that he will require a little more thought than the initial absolute aggression. It was a nerf that was designated to hit solo queue genji's, which I have stated before.. he is literally the only champion to successfully decimate teams by himself. He is going to have to think a little more, and utilize his abilities properly.

The nerf is an adjustment to playstyle. He's going to be less, let me hop around the inside of your team and more let me get behind your team and agitate, similar to that of tracer. Good Genji's will continue to be good/annoying Genji's.. it's just going to be facilitated better by team comp and use, rather than being that he has his ult so he can go in whenever.. like we see in live.

23988536-Grandpa-reading-a-beautiful-fairy-tale-to-his-grandchildren--Stock-Photo.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I can't tell if Moonmoon is actually good, but I find his Twitch banter hilarious.

Kinda along the lines of Bro Team twitch streams. (Bro Team doesn't actually yell in his streams like he does in his videos)

Tim the tattoo guy is my least favorite screamer streamer.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
MoonMoon is very good, but he's more of an solo guy. He plays with other good people but I mean he doesn't coordinate a lot, he just knows what to do and does it well. He's pretty hilarious, especially when he gets shit on and just goes "DRRPppptpttt". Watching him on PTR was great, he kept sitting on Reapers after killing them with Roadhog. His DVA is pretty awesome too.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I like how he never answers anything seriously. Kinda like an anti-Seagull.

But he does seem to answer any and all chat questions directed at him.