Overwatch

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How much of that is on blizzards fault vs Internet tough guys perpetuating her rumor of being announced I wonder
It isn't internet tough guys' fault that Blizzard started the Sombra ARG 5months ago even though they had fuck all to show or do until now.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It isn't internet tough guys' fault that Blizzard started the Sombra ARG 5months ago even though they had fuck all to show or do until now.

Yea they really, really fucked up the whole ARG tease thing. ONE month would be stretching it for something like that, but it has been what, 4 months since the Olympic release where the first stuff started? And most of it just went no where after a while. And then the dumb moment in crime website that is just a month long 0-100 count "down", leading to another ARG that ends with "OK now wait 4 more days!"

There was a lot of cool stuff in it but it should have started mid-October at the earliest.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
She'll shine in a lot of things based on just reading those abilities. Disabling shields alone is huge, much less disabling game-changing ults.

The Ult is good but Defend comps don't have much room for her imo. The rest of her kit doesn't seem particularly strong for defense.

She can definitely see play on KoTH/Attack and any place you are going to be aggressive.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I wonder what's her damage like. Her kit is extremely utility oriented, but her invis should also let you basically get right into the backlines and disable a bunch of shit supports can do to save themselves(not sure if it disables movement skills like Mercy's flying thing) but I don't know how fast she can kill people there. If she can't blow supports up she'll mostly only be used in attack yeah. If she can kill stuff decently fast at close range though, I could see her being used even for defense. Drop a tele in a safe spot, invis, flank, dump damage on a support while disabling their shit > teleport out. Maybe you don't get the kill but it could be pretty disruptive and relatively safe.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
The Ult is good but Defend comps don't have much room for her imo. The rest of her kit doesn't seem particularly strong for defense.

She can definitely see play on KoTH/Attack and any place you are going to be aggressive.
She can revitalizes attacking defenses we saw w/ the lucio pre-nerf, and her emp can shut down attacks too depending on its versatility. I don't really know the depth of it, but if it can stop Nano, Iris, or Genji ult, i'll be huge.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I'm extremely hyped for her, idk. I've been okay with her long release, it would been nice if they put her on PTR for her announcement but they're also a very scheduled company with tuesdays. I'm even more okay with it if they delayed her release for the Season to end, and their goal/endgame is to keep characters for the end of seasons so it doesn't disrupt meta during season. Its a really huge complain with League when they change a game mid season/split, and then what they've practiced and studied changed before a big event.. that shits gotta suck.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The actual footage looks like her invis is actually a real invis, not a predator invis, which is pretty interesting balance wise. Wonder if it has a noticeable sound when you cast it like Reaper teleport, so you can spray randomly to try to catch her while she's flanking. Her damage in the video seems also very high but not sure what's the setup and shit. I assume she has massive drop off similar to Tracer and the way she plays, she seems fairly similar but with a lot more utility versus the damage of pulse bomb. Although tbh EMP would do more "damage" against a Lucio ult than Pulse bomb would I'd say, and on top of that it drops Rein's shield and prevent any other random shittiness. Her teleport looks pretty solid also, projectile seems slow so you won't be able to like instantly get out of shit situations like Tracer can with Rewind unless you setup beforehand, but it allows her vertical movement for flank routes that Tracer can't use usually. Wonder how long it lasts.

And I guess she'll be popular on console to fuck with Torbjorn/Bastion, if they're still a thing.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Wonder if it has a noticeable sound when you cast it like Reaper teleport, so you can spray randomly to try to catch her while she's flanking.
From the datamine, there was audio ques for someone being stealth around, but idk how that will work or if that makes it to the live build.

Her damage in the video seems also very high but not sure what's the setup and shit. I assume she has massive drop off similar to Tracer and the way she plays, she seems fairly similar but with a lot more utility versus the damage of pulse bomb.

She seems to be a medium range brawler. Wiki is saying she has 60 bullets, and 35-55m fall off. Tracer is 11-30m fall. I'm assuming she'll be similar to 76 in the regards to her gun but with higher recoil, so more reward for being closer.

edit; apparently sombra's passive is, when a enemy is below half hp.. sombra can seem them through walls.

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I figured out what I dont like about Sombra.

As I said, her kit is fine, but her character just looks bad. I was picturing some badass hacker bitch, not some punk kid. The hacking intro to Blizzcon was cool but then the animated short was so rediculously bad. How does she upstage Widow & Reaper in that situation. Zzzz.

They really dropped the ball on this character imo.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think it's the colors mostly. The design is very shadowrun-esque but the colors are like, blegh.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wish they would throw her on live first and then any changes for the other Heroes on PTR later. Her being able to down Zarya's shield is a big deal, imho.

I have a feeling they are going to do it all at once again and I think that's bullshit.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Iunno, I love her design. I find the edge hair a bit much but I can overlook it. Her augments and if you remember from the Dad 76 video, the mexican street punks covered in neon just fit so well for a thematic Mexico. Her colors are pretty much Dorado, and we know how all those cholo's have pride. I also love her color, because it feels very gta vice city/synth wave-esque. So i'm totally hyped.

Also, what makes the video good, and why she out does Reaper/Widow, is because shes the reason the alarms go off, she doesn't help them.. she uses them. And one of the cool on going theories right now, is her catch phrase is boop, but people are theorizing its boop because of a photo in the office of the volskyia lady is booping her daughters nose. Regardless, I find this character quite fun story wise.

screen%20shot%202016-05-23%20at%203.55.14%20pm.png

latest?cb=20160518235310

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Hacking multiple health packs for a minute seems a bit much. Stealth to back lines, hack health packs and teleport out is gonna be a pita until all the "pro" Sombras die off. On the flip side, all packs hacked for your team respawn super fast, so theres that...

Just can't get pumped for another agitater like Tracer floating around but we'll see I guess.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I want them to add a Berserker like Olaf from League. Need more badasses like Rein, except I dont play Rein.