Overwatch

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Playing between like 5-10pm eastern really is complete aids. I should really just find a second game or do QP.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Just embrace the aids. Talk trash. Play offensive torb. Be a sore loser.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
At this point, I feel as if Blizzard needs to take initiative and some how factor in behavior as an asset to the whole elo system, since the idea of avoid player will probably not come back to fruition. Not sure how, as it'd probably take more man power/hour than some few lines of code. I'm not even talking about the one tricks. I could give two fucks if you're a current symm one trick, as long as you show that you're actually trying.. who the fuck cares, you're trying. It's stressful sure, i'd be nice if you had something to back it up but its nothing to report.

I'm more referring to those guys that either insult another teammate for no god damn reason, so you spend the entire match listening to two monkey's comparing dick size. Superiority complexes in which because i'm 4100; I am now the best there ever was so fuck you and everything you think despite the previous seasons absymal performances of 2.8 and r57 lol. Or the guy that doesn't get the meta dickhugging comp, so he locks in sombra, says because people play what they want, i'll play what I want too and sit there obviously throwing.

I mean in most sports? I don't really watch them, but there is some sort of foul mechanic or benching method that happens...? why not some how apply that? I mean obviously don't send them to the cesspools of low elo because their skill is still present but i'm sure you'd be less of an asshat if you get penalized for being an asshat.

Then there is the otherside of is it worth it? cause people are/will abuse the mechanic of reporting and that causes someone on the other end to have to sift through even more bullshit. Factoring if its one bad game, or a common occurrence. I think factoring in even something as simple as a day comp ban, or ranging any number of days would work dividends. I mean their goal is to create an enjoyable game for people? I wouldn't be mad if I got benched for a day or two because I raged on some kid for something stupid; though its not something I do anyways.

After a certain point, skill in terms of aiming/positioning becomes an extremely blurred line and the reliance on the prowess of communication raises significantly so. But I don't really know how to go on about people that are somewhere it almost seems they don't belong rofl.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
There was the simple Diablo 2 approach that their account gets muted for some period of time, eventually permanently so. It'd hurt them from really being an asset in some ways, and would hurt their teammates to that extent as well, but probably less so than they already do. Maybe make it so they can only play comp with other muted accounts.

Leavers and troll picks/plays would take a lot more effort. Maybe just establish some baseline of what constitutes a normal player at your ELO and if the person is 4 standard deviations away from that in a game, mark the account.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They should just add a "toxic player" right click and if you get enough of the right clicks against you then you'll be matched up with other toxic players. Those people can play against each other.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
The problem with any user input type flag is that anyone who plays Window/Hanzo will probably just get toxic flagged because people don't want to deal with their choice of character.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What these games need is a rating system. ie rate players you played with on a scale of 1-10 and you can adjust it so you only play with players with x rating.

and just played a round of japan with offense torb. you think we had a fun game?

and i get put into another fucking game with the guy

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I think a rating system like phoenix said could do wonders. I mean, even as a hanzo main, I still manage to turn heads and make positive attitudes off performance.

I lost a game and got the trio we went against previously. While hovering hanzo, the trio we queued said I could stay hanzo and that I was doing some serious work ectect, I said nah cause 3/2/1 and went 76 instead. By the time we got on attack they were still offering I go Hanzo. It really comes down to the inability to swap is when it gets really bad, often times the blame game comes before it too. Vicious cycle.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I had a good night in Comp till I got some asshat who feels the need to play Symmetra on offense. Sigh.. I went from 1634 to 1749 tonight despite it. I usually don't play comp much out of placement matches so that's good for me. lol
I just hate how you can get one asshat and it just fucks you over. He was in gold too which really makes me salty even more.

If anyone tomorrow night wants to do some beers and OW I'll be up for it.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got ranked at like 1300 to start the season, been bouncing around 1750-1900 for a day or two, wouldn't mind playing with others.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya I block people, was told it avoids matching with them. Every hanzo, genji and torb I see that doesnt deliver gets blocked. Although you have to block their party members cause I witnessed lastnight a blocked guy match with me but his party member wasnt on my block. /doh.

As for lucio yeah I could see the gold heals, been playing him more instead of lucio (lazy lol) but I get pretty aggressive with boops and trying to kill people, also been using speed boost a lot to help roadhog ult or reinhardt nanoboosted get around faster. Learned more wall tricks on like control room and some other king of hill where you just dick ride the center piece of the waypoint in a circle to contest.

But yeah been going reaper more, trying to find the sweet spot for these solo comp queues. Obviously being a good healer is nice but it isnt gonna carry, ever since I went reaper and just focused on tanks I've been winning more matches. Granted after maybe we're on attack then swap to defense then I go lucio.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Precisely why i stick to qp. Although I probably should do comp and numb myself to the rabid e-rage and the resulting trolls, it's really not worth the hassle as a solo queuer.

Also, i hope hook gets a pretty serious range nerf soon, whatever on the shotgun spread hit boxes

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Reaper is awesome. I also find him to be a pretty reliable hard counter to any Winstons that are terrorizing your back line. He's so big that you can basically put nearly full shotgun damage on him from like 5-10 yards out so he has a hard time escaping unless he has leap up.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I got ranked at 1450 or so for Season 3, which was disappointing after season 2 being between 1800-2200, but not totally unexpected with the new curve they wanted.

I haven't had a chance to play all that much with FF15 out, but managed to climb to 1628 so far, just 1 or 2 losses I think since placement the placement matches.

I'll say this...the matches so far have been very fun, it seems sadly for my ego that this is more or less where I belong. :)

I think aiming for Gold is a reasonable and achievable objective that I can set for myself this season.

Surprisingly, I haven't encountered many toxic players so far. People have been by a large margin very nice and fun to play with. Mind you, as I said I have been on winning teams since placement with only 1 or 2 losses.

Hopefully it stays this way. It's fun. :)

ex-genj

Golden Squire
I bought the game after the last free weekend and have been playing competitive the last week or so @ 2200. I'm seeing a lot of salt frankly and might just stick to QP. Depends on when/if I get tired of Lucio. He's a great character that is not only really strong but pretty fun to play. But people freaking out on people on chat and throwing because they don't get picks or whatever is just garbage. I had one guy join my game and spam in all caps that he needed dva, like this was the only character he could play. This is not the game for you dude.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I really can't stand Mercy. She's a full time hold left button healer that erases multiple ults or otherwise great play by a simple push of the button. So much bad design in one character it hurts.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I really can't stand Mercy. She's a full time hold left button healer that erases multiple ults or otherwise great play by a simple push of the button. So much bad design in one character it hurts.

So much wrong in this post