Overwatch

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
When does the Christmas event end? I need to make sure I buy my yeti if I don't get him in time.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm being punished for all the legendary skins I got from Halloween.

Only got the shitty Mei so far.

Gravy help me

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I want Mei(for the block animation), zen and tracer still.

Hopefully get them before it ends without having to spend points.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone else find Sombra unplayable?
Whenever I'm on her, I accomplish nothing.

She's a hybrid support/offensive. Her biggest problem is she pretty much can't do shit on her own. She is a classified offensive hero who's ult does zero damage. If your team isn't on the same page to follow up on your ult shit just won't work. Alternatively your team needs to understand to abuse her hacked health packs to give her ult every team fight. But most people aren't going to be keen on chipping damage, use a health pack, rinse repeat. So I don't know if she'll ever really be viable in solo queue unless they radically change her kit or just make her flat out OP.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I feel like she's decent but really requires a team to back her up. Her primary weapon does good damage. Definitely a couple issues: ult does zero damage and she has no sustain.

Compare to tracer who has a burst ult and also regains health on recall.

Sombra can shut down key things though, so is more supportish, but has no sustain like every other support

gauze

Molten Core Raider
They just need to give her gun controllable recoil so that she can dps from any position rather than making her a mirror image of tracer. Just give her something like 76's recoil mechanic but far more dramatic?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I wish her teleport beacon didn't have a despawn timer. She just seems like a lot of work for meh reward.

Her ult also just means the opposing team has their ults for the next push.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I got this game for Christmas, I know nothing about it other than it is all multiplayer.

I normal suck at fps/arena games,

Is there any basic tips that would help a true noob? What is the best resource to learn about this game?

My goal is to not be a liability to my team....

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
There are a lot of characters were not being able to aim and or being bad at FPSs is not an issue. Play some vs AI games to learn the characters and their abilities first if you dont want to piss off your team too bad in quick match.

This guy is really great on twitch and explains what he is doing, but he plays at a high level.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I got this game for Christmas, I know nothing about it other than it is all multiplayer.

I normal suck at fps/arena games,

Is there any basic tips that would help a true noob? What is the best resource to learn about this game?

My goal is to not be a liability to my team....

-S76 is easy beginnings. Move into other characters when they interest you. Usually after you get destroyed by one.
-Learn the nooks and crannies of the maps.
-bastion in a secret corner if you want to feel godly for a minute
-when in doubt on defence... Just go torb
-play reinhardt and just hold up your shield. That's it.
-tanks aren't really tanks in a traditional MMO sense. Rein is really the only true MMO-like tank. Tank just means high HP, but not meant to eat all the damage all the time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you really are worried about being a liability just start with Lucio and sit on the healing song and hang back. If you feel like poking with the group to shoot a bit no one will mind.