Overwatch

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I don't think people realize how hard it can be to kill Pharah at long range just in general, nevermind if he's getting healed by something.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah lot of times its a struggle I get them to like 10% or 20% run out of ammo or they LOS me, or someone else attacks me while im shootin as soldier. most of the time the pharah swaps after two quick kills

mcree is more fun for pharah

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I find it easier to bring out Widow's on Pharahs as you can deal with pharmercy rather quickly.. you just risk pissing off your team.. but if you open up that pharmacy, it should be extremely easy for the rest of your team to do the rest.

I've only had to do it once against pharmercy, and have debated it on multiple occasions. It really depends on the Pharah, atleast in my elo. Video above was a rather brain dead pharah that constantly flew in predictable straight lines, like you see in the video.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I played a no limits game for whatever reason the other day and we had torb + 4 Symmetras + me as Hanzo on Hollywood defense. I did not realize shield gens stack. Because pub game we managed to stall out on the first point long enough for the generators to start going up and after that I don't think anyone died. I would get hooked by roadhog and lose less than half my total health, as Hanzo, it was as great for us as it must have sucked for them :p

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I know Im probably the only Plebe playing on console, but this season has been shit on Xbox one.

I placed 2400 and the first few weeks were just a grind of getting the shit new players, or just overall shit players that placed too high, to age out and drop down to lows 2000s and under. Then the play has been better now. but im getting crippled by people quitting or disconnecting. I keep getting up to 2490 and then lose two games because people quit!

Was playing on Leijiang tower and was up 2-0 in a pretty decent match when our Mercy left. I look up their gamercard and they were playing Skyrim...Literally just left in the middle of the match. We scrambled to cover heals and end up losing 3-2, its impossible to hold those points down a man. I messaged the guy why, no response. People just stopped caring about the penalty.

In 5 games last night I had 3 losses where a player left. And I was the highest in the group so I got hit super hard on losses.

I dont know how they can negate this. It sucks taking a loss when someone is gone. I know they cant remove the loss penalty or people would abuse it. And you cant even lessen it when someone leaves because they would abuse that.

I say just nuke any Quits/Disconnects. Fuck it. If you genuinely had an issue and DCed, sorry. People will stop quitting if you make it a 250 point drop for DC in Comp. If your net sucks and you drop, tough shit, dont play comp.

I just cant think of any way to curb the rampant Console Quitters.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Not a lot of quitters on PC from what I've been seeing but yeah. Finally had my first "FU" game where I get in a game and lock zen and tab out for 30 seconds and come back to see some guy say "Well I guess I can tank but I'm bad at it.." so I say "oh no problem I'll tank" and I take his rein and start walking and finally hit tab and see.. no other tanks, and no healers. And no one would switch. I mean really? Go play something else.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Stacking shield gens sounds like a bug.
I haven't tested it in awhile, but stacking mercy blues is also a thing. I had two mercy's pocketing me has hanzo, damn near oneshotting road hogs. Until it becomes overly cancerous, I don't think they'll act.

Last edited:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Almost hit 3k on my smurf account today, been real frustrating. Grouped with a 3200 roadhog and all day we got stuck with widowmakers or bastions that refused to swap, we'd win one lose one rinse repeat cause of it. Went solo queue on my own and got up to 2950 then had a mei that refused to swap, and she sucked. Then had a genji that started off as mercy then swapped genji soon as gates opened and never killed anybody, lost that one, leaving us with one healer no one else wanted to compensate for it.

Lot of times I've been just playing healer and thats when it sucks knowing if you swap to dps cause someone blows, then youre down a healer. Symmetra is cool but sometimes people think that symmetra is substitute for a second healer and I dont always feel that way, top it off when you have no reinhardt to hold a choke point it sucks.

Theres a few maps I think rein is mandatory for, like hanamura (O & D), Dorado (mainly defense imo), Gibraltar (O&D), hollywood, king's row, numbani, eitchenwalde's. You're at such a disadvantage on some of these maps if you dont have a reinhardt and the other team does, couple that with a roadhog behind the shield picking retards and then the pharah when your team has no hit scan to counter.

It's just these little things that amaze me at 3k you still see people refusing to switch, not countering pharah, not countering genji, not having a main healer or two healers. Lately it seems you really win when the OTHER team has one of the idiots listed above and you dont. It's just starting to make me wonder whats fun about competitive, cause youre not working together and losing, youre having an idiot on the team that doesnt work together and losing, and you're losing more than youre winning, and sometimes you have to go 5 fucking rounds to win or lose aka like a good 30-40 minute game. Win a 40 minute game, turn around lose more points in a 10 minute game.

I remember reading a post on overwatch forums where guy said he just played pharah whole time from 1500 to 3500 cause no one was countering him or could kill him before he killed them. Starting to feel like thats the way lol

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Today while I was watching Lirik a Lucio rper was on his team.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Almost hit 3k on my smurf account today, been real frustrating. Grouped with a 3200 roadhog and all day we got stuck with widowmakers or bastions that refused to swap, we'd win one lose one rinse repeat cause of it. Went solo queue on my own and got up to 2950 then had a mei that refused to swap, and she sucked. Then had a genji that started off as mercy then swapped genji soon as gates opened and never killed anybody, lost that one, leaving us with one healer no one else wanted to compensate for it.

Lot of times I've been just playing healer and thats when it sucks knowing if you swap to dps cause someone blows, then youre down a healer. Symmetra is cool but sometimes people think that symmetra is substitute for a second healer and I dont always feel that way, top it off when you have no reinhardt to hold a choke point it sucks.

Theres a few maps I think rein is mandatory for, like hanamura (O & D), Dorado (mainly defense imo), Gibraltar (O&D), hollywood, king's row, numbani, eitchenwalde's. You're at such a disadvantage on some of these maps if you dont have a reinhardt and the other team does, couple that with a roadhog behind the shield picking retards and then the pharah when your team has no hit scan to counter.

It's just these little things that amaze me at 3k you still see people refusing to switch, not countering pharah, not countering genji, not having a main healer or two healers. Lately it seems you really win when the OTHER team has one of the idiots listed above and you dont. It's just starting to make me wonder whats fun about competitive, cause youre not working together and losing, youre having an idiot on the team that doesnt work together and losing, and you're losing more than youre winning, and sometimes you have to go 5 fucking rounds to win or lose aka like a good 30-40 minute game. Win a 40 minute game, turn around lose more points in a 10 minute game.

I remember reading a post on overwatch forums where guy said he just played pharah whole time from 1500 to 3500 cause no one was countering him or could kill him before he killed them. Starting to feel like thats the way lol

i think a lot of people would be a lot happier if they just gave you your rank at the end of the season.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Well over 100 hrs played and today I finally learned the glory of playing Rein. Tried him when I first started and he just felt so slow. Had a couple good rounds on mystery and transferred that over to comp and I went 8 and 1, had a ton of fun to boot. Was playing more on the aggresive side and making chokes my bitch. I'm sure I have alot to learn, like when to sit back and when to go beserk, but I am itching to get back to charge slamming mofos. So fun.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The key to Rein and Zarya are thus:

Don't be a fucking pussy.

Get that charge with Zarya by being up in theri business, right clicking their defense shit and left clicking fuckers in the face. Bubbling your healer who should be right on your ass. Rein just jump shield to move, keep it up for burst attacks, then fucking firestrike the line-up, swang that dick, build that ult, then back to shielding. Pin their Rein or support if you get a clear shot. It's about being fearless and trusting your healer to have your back. Ana's are the best for this for their single HPS and utility. Charge the line with Rein, Ana grenades you and whoever you pin, they're all half, you swing like a madman, and BOOM! You just cleared their line and half their team is dead.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I would swift strike right though your bullshit shield, rape Ana in front of s76 and then hop from rein to zaryas head throwing ninjy stars until your whole team was wiped out

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got up to 2100 after being ranked 1600 in Comp. Feels good. A lot people wanting to work together makes Comp very fun. Maybe I can get Plat now. I've been mainly playing D'Va and doing awesome.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
My kid is up to 2850 in competitive, 4:1 k/d on genji. Impressive

lost

<Bronze Donator>
ya a good genji is hard to counter, people dont want to play winston until theres 1 min left and they decide to swap. been thinking of practicing genji

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
ya a good genji is hard to counter, people dont want to play winston until theres 1 min left and they decide to swap. been thinking of practicing genji

I'm gonna tell him never to play soldier or Ana again...

Cad.jpg