Overwatch

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I went 2-2 tonight...all 4 games essentially decided by who had the better Pharah, this shit is getting old.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Hard to really gauge, but from this video I would hope they lower Bastion Sentry mode dmg a smidge more. Looks like the dmg fall off is considerable at long range, but still a bit high at mid. Given the rest of his kit getting buffed, I would like to see that balanced more. Gonna be interesting to see Bastions running around in Recon though...

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Seems fine to me. The loss of headshots and effective long range minigun spam in sentry mode balances it out IMO. You can't lower the damage any more or tanks will just shit on him.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Fair point I guess. He seems very comparable to S76 now, if not potentially better so I guess this is the final nail in the triple tank meta. I can't imagine having Bastion insta-lock's again is a tradeoff I can get behind, but it's still way early to jump to conclusions.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Iunno I'd welcome the new bastion overlords. His issue will be immobility to the max. His only saving grace in a brawl is his heal and potential set up in sentry, but beyond that he is still quite stompable. I've always liked bastion as a character though, it just sucked he was so one dimensional.

I grabbed a zowie off Amazon, but the thing is fucking tiny. Maybe I got the wrong one? The dimensions they list on Amazon are bullshit. I'm just used to my MS intel mouse (which still works, but the left-click is starting to stick a bit. I notice it when I play Hanzo, since you have to hold down the button when you use him). That mouse fits my hand perfectly. Base of my palm fits against the end of the mouse when I'm resting my hand on it and fingers fit exactly over the buttons.

Do you know which one you got? There are different ones with build types. Like I'm all for palm style mouses(as you can see with my heavy Logitech back ground) and substantial weigh because I lift quite often, which helps the overall feel.

I do know that zowie, I'm pretty positive, are the only company to address hand sizes. Like they have 3 models in each of their tierstyle mouse. (ec za and fk, then like ec13, ec12, ec11 or some shit. Fk is like fk2, fk1, fk1+. Lower number being bigger)

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Payload/KotH only servers? That's what I want. FUCK Hanamura/Anubis/Volskaya. Fucking the WORST in my opinion. Not design or anything, just that game type. It all comes down to hoping your team is better than the constant spawn of rezzers on stall characters at the end.

Definitely a fan of KotH maps more than others.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is SR ever adjusted while offline? I logged in last night to find out that I somehow lost 30 SR while being at work all day and not playing. Wtf?

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Iunno I'd welcome the new bastion overlords. His issue will be immobility to the max. His only saving grace in a brawl is his heal and potential set up in sentry, but beyond that he is still quite stompable. I've always liked bastion as a character though, it just sucked he was so one dimensional.

Do you know which one you got? There are different ones with build types. Like I'm all for palm style mouses(as you can see with my heavy Logitech back ground) and substantial weigh because I lift quite often, which helps the overall feel.

I do know that zowie, I'm pretty positive, are the only company to address hand sizes. Like they have 3 models in each of their tierstyle mouse. (ec za and fk, then like ec13, ec12, ec11 or some shit. Fk is like fk2, fk1, fk1+. Lower number being bigger)

Ah that might be why. I got a FK2. Which is closer fit to the intel mouse size?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Bastion update looks good. He'll be a noob stomper for sure but his lack of mobility means he'll be able to be dealt with at higher tiers still. The guy compared new bastion to Soldier, which is fair, they both do similar stuff now, but soldier has Sprint and Headshots which will keep him ahead. I def can see bastions to break tank lines though, I'll probably swap between Soldier & Bastion a lot now. I like that you have 2 heroes with good long-range hitscan. Only other option was McCree (and Widow) but they don't have the sustain/AoE that Soldier/Bastion can provide. Nice changes imo

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well another hero that could deal with Pharah is always welcome. :)

The change seem interesting, it might address the issue of him being somewhat too powerful in low rankings when people can't deal with him, especially when sitting behind a Reinhardt shield, while actually making him better overall by making recon mode so much better.

Pharah is in a similar position right now, she has WAY too much impact at lower ranking. Very often being the deciding factor in a match. I don't think she's fundamentally broken as Bastion or Symmetra were, but she is an issue, the change to Bastion might actually be enough to balance her out though.

As often when big change to a hero, or the introduction of a new hero...it will be interesting to see how it will affect the meta. Sombra is a pretty good counter to Bastion, hacking him is really bad for him, so maybe she'll be more popular....who am I kidding, Sombra still won't be picked except for trolling. :)

On that note, I am 100% win rate in competitive on Sombra. Played her in a single game where we were 6 vs 2 to make it happen. :)

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Those Bastion changes look pretty spot on to me. The not reloading between forms makes sense with the faster transform speed and bigger clips. I sort of like playing Bastion on live but he feels clunky so all those changes are pretty nice. Server browser obviously is a huge boon.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Holy shit balls. PTR is like a brand new game. There are so many shenanigans to be had with server browser. Just had a koth game with Roadhog only, with super speed and maxed damage so you pretty much always one shot, and instant respawns. It was fucking hilarious watching a guy get 13 kills with one ult because he ulted on the way to their spawn while they all died and ran right back out into the ult.