Overwatch

Cybsled

On reddit, someone made a predator mode. Team of 76s with no skills beyond left click and right click and lower hp/movespeed vs. sombra with ultra fast cloaking and buffed damage/speed lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I'm pretty surprised you can get xp from the custom games. I bet they end up nerfing the exp gains from those servers because someone will figure out the certain combination of a match for max exp gain.

What seems to be the biggest contributor to xp, as far as I have noticed, is time. 3v3 is a good indicator of that to a more isolated degree. Go a game with a 3-0 stomp and no xp. Bait out the 3-2 and buku xp.

Everything is a little different, but for the most part it just seems time is the biggest and most notable multiplier.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Slowly climbing diamond. 3200 on my smurf with a 70% win-rate still. Some days I'm locked in and I play like a diamond soldier, other days I can't hit the broadside of a barn and seem to walk into every blind scatter-shot.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I successfully made Moonmoon Bowl on PTR. Reinhardt only charges on Control maps. Pins kill. No Ult, no Firestrike. Was pretty popular and held 6v6 for about 2 hours for a while. Biggest problem is people swinging their hammers. Currently I cannot turn off hammer swinging NOR can I adjust the damage of it so it loses the fun of positioning pins into just a retard flail fest.

Hopefully they'll implement more customization soon. A lot of people loved the server and some people were just constantly laughing on the mic. A few tweaks and I think it could be very satisfying for a relaxing goof mode.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
If someone makes a super-successful Custom mode like DOTA in WC3... wonder if Blizzard will capitalize on it this time? :rolleyes:

I think custom games are great. I played custom WC3 modes more than the actual game, doing this with an FPS is pretty awesome.
I want to see a tower defense FPS!
Maybe someone will be able to make a SMITE game mode in OW.
Just need to expand customs to allow scripting.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Idk if they'd go that far. Or rather it'd be that open ended for something like Dota or tower defense.

They did have the junkenstein map but that isn't td. I think really the best thing they could do to accommodate custom servers aside from adding more options is add a map editor.

Some of the most fun I've had in fps games consisted of custom maps made by players. You take a look at csgo, and half the competitive maps are actually made by famous map editors.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If someone makes a super-successful Custom mode like DOTA in WC3... wonder if Blizzard will capitalize on it this time? :rolleyes:

I think custom games are great. I played custom WC3 modes more than the actual game, doing this with an FPS is pretty awesome.
I want to see a tower defense FPS!
Maybe someone will be able to make a SMITE game mode in OW.
Just need to expand customs to allow scripting.

Everything is running on Blizzard hardware and presumably any knobs you turn means its already in-engine and ready to go if they feel it would make a fully fledged arcade mode

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Idk if they'd go that far. Or rather it'd be that open ended for something like Dota or tower defense.

They did have the junkenstein map but that isn't td. I think really the best thing they could do to accommodate custom servers aside from adding more options is add a map editor.

Some of the most fun I've had in fps games consisted of custom maps made by players. You take a look at csgo, and half the competitive maps are actually made by famous map editors.

Yea i usually played on custom tf2 maps. There was quite a bit of creativity... can do quite a bit more with the OW cast

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Roadhog's hook nerf incoming. That didn't take long. :)

Cooldown up from 6 to 8 secs.
Distance you're pulled in front of him goes from 2 meters to 3.5 meters.
Spread on primary attack is reduced by 20%.

People saying that it will mostly prevent the melee combo, and making it slightly harder to get a headshot, so heroes with an escape ability like Reaper, Mei, D'va etc might be able to survive the hook.

Also Winston getting a butt, reducing his Critical Hit Box by 15%, so harder to land headshot on him.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They should've just upped his cooldown and left it as it was. Finally being able to one shot people you should've been able to was nice, but I guess it's all over now. Back to unkillable Ana/Reaper/Lucio/Hanzo bullshit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I don't think it's the return of unkillable... It's more addressing the concern that in any elo, the initial kill/s can immediately break a line with zero repercussions, road is the worst of it. Someone did a write up on it recently, and it's very true. Many times I've carried something like a first point with someone like Hanzo because I was able to get to a high point uncontested and nail out one or two people.

Sure position could be a indication of wronging, but I think trying to extend the ability of a brawl isn't so bad. He's pretty much the only tank with such a low risk high value move, in an essence it still remains the same, and is almost in an uncounterable way.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not saying I'm really very good or anything, but I wanted to share the few things that have assisted in a nearly 2000 points in a season on 76:

• Always be looking for high ground. If the fight takes you to low ground, sprint back up after you're done.
  • If you know there's an enemy hog, take corners really really wide and just play him with a lot of distance and corners. High ground is also great because you can usually break hook.
  • Don't rush into 2v4 etc battles where you're destined to die
  • Staying alive is more important than killing someone. Don't chase stupid kills, don't play in a way that will get you killed. You might be having a great Soldier 1v1, but if the guy is better than you and you missed your rocket, just try to retreat and get a health pack. Sometimes you can even kite a few guys with sprint as you do this.
  • Don't queue when tilted. Don't queue when you're clearly run down or having an off night. If you're playing at a point where you're not even thinking about what you could have done better after a match, you're not learning and probably not totally all there, don't queue.

Just staying alive and not doing stupid things has overcome my decent, but not great aim and my generally terrible tac visors. Don't think I really had any great epiphany or anything that led to this huge run-up, but hope this somewhat well treaded advice might prove to be as useful to others as it was to me.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think the issue is that the hook is an automatic kill on too many heroes right now. Essentially everyone but the tanks is an automatic kill. I think it will require a bit more skills now, to insure the headshot after the hook, and moving forward a bit to melee.

It will still require some skills for some of the heroes to be able to avoid dying and have their escape cooldown available to do so.

We'll have to wait and see exactly how it works out I guess.

The Winston buff will be interesting too since I am seeing a lot more of Genji and Tracer since the last balance patch. With a nerf to Road and his buff, we might see more variety in the tanks.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Shit even some tanks. You can nearly 1-shot a Winston and do like 80% of a Rein with your hook. Hog is absolutely insane in his current form.

Cybsled

Now you can hook mei, fail to kill her, and watch as she strafe freezes you and drills icicles into your head. yay!