Overwatch

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
i went from 2150 this season to 2432 right now . I havent been playing much competitive. I played today with a friend gained about 100 points today. It was fun. I might tonight to see if i can get plat. Never been there, started last season at 1325. lol

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I have low rank accts, idk what rank it is atm, but would be happy to play w/ whoever. I might have to find another one again because they keep getting to diamond/master before I stop.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm usually around 2k ±100 or so. Not playing very much though these days, playing GW2 right now mostly.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Last night was horrible, lost about 175 SR down to 1920 or so. Tonight I managed to climb back to 2000. My night ended playing Reaper, and this pretty much ended the night. Nothing too spectacular, just pressing Q.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
I usually hover around 3k on my main account, playing mostly Sym with some Mei thrown in for good measure.
On my alt account, I purposely played a little looser to group with friends and landed at around 2.2k.

Honestly, I don't really notice a pronounced difference between the ranks until you get to the bleeding edge in either direction by 1.5k or more SR.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I swear the community in this game is getting worse by the day.

So many leavers, so many people tilting in the spawn room because of other people's hero selection. So many throwers, or toxic behavior, it's ruining the game. The number of fun games is getting to be a minority of games now, or close to 50-50 good games vs bad games.

I had a fucking Mei walling us constantly, guy actually fucking ran back toward spawn to wall people in that had just died. We are about to make a push, and he split us up constantly. It was one of the worse game experience I've had in Overwatch, so frustrating.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
most folks start not giving a fuck halways to late in the season. not much you can do, but hope you get a good team. lol Its why they call it elo hell.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I swear the community in this game is getting worse by the day.

So many leavers, so many people tilting in the spawn room because of other people's hero selection. So many throwers, or toxic behavior, it's ruining the game. The number of fun games is getting to be a minority of games now, or close to 50-50 good games vs bad games.

I had a fucking Mei walling us constantly, guy actually fucking ran back toward spawn to wall people in that had just died. We are about to make a push, and he split us up constantly. It was one of the worse game experience I've had in Overwatch, so frustrating.

Competitive is even getting to Surefour.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'll say it again, the idea that people want to play against all like-skilled players is retarded. You can have a competitive tournament thing separate from the fun part of the game, just like with CS. There's very few fun moments to be had when you're always about 50% away (unless rando people leave or afk or w/e).

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
2980 > 2251. Such match making.

Dude....... this happened to me a while ago and it's a daily reminder I was 1 win from Diamond lol (2980 is my career high).
I'm hovering at 2600 right now after being placed 2700, but I'm hardly playing the game anymore.

Played Junkerton for the 1st time last night, pretty cool map. One of my favorites I think. I like it a ton better than the moon base.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not that they put out bad content or anything, but 100 people seems insane for what they DO put out. That's bigger than most in-development games have ever seen if you throw publisher teams and localization teams into the mix too, much less a released game that just is being updated and maintained. People joke about Diablo 3 updates being like 2 guys but if it takes 100 for OW, maybe it's still like 50+ for Diablo 3 after all :p

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Not that they put out bad content or anything, but 100 people seems insane for what they DO put out. That's bigger than most in-development games have ever seen if you throw publisher teams and localization teams into the mix too, much less a released game that just is being updated and maintained. People joke about Diablo 3 updates being like 2 guys but if it takes 100 for OW, maybe it's still like 50+ for Diablo 3 after all :p
It does seem like a lot... especially with viewership declining, the rise of PUBG in the FPS space, I can't imagine OW numbers are holding steady enough to justify such a large team.

In the past 30 days, OW on Twitch is 8th in viewership...
Funnily.. Blizzard's most popular Twitch game continues to be Hearthstone... which if it had a team of 100 could probably be fucking amazing... but alas, the game lacks SO MANY desired features.

Most watched games on Twitch over the past 30 days - SullyGnome

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It does seem like a lot... especially with viewership declining, the rise of PUBG in the FPS space, I can't imagine OW numbers are holding steady enough to justify such a large team.

In the past 30 days, OW on Twitch is 8th in viewership...
Funnily.. Blizzard's most popular Twitch game continues to be Hearthstone... which if it had a team of 100 could probably be fucking amazing... but alas, the game lacks SO MANY desired features.

Most watched games on Twitch over the past 30 days - SullyGnome

You're way overestimating twitch viewership with actual popularity.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
You're way overestimating twitch viewership with actual popularity.

I think its a good metric, you disagree? OW 8th is still amazingly popular, im not saying it's trash tier at all, just there is some competition in the fps space and their numbers are probably not increasing very fast.... or at all. 100 person team to maintain a game seems kinda crazy. Pubg is still in development so kinda understandable.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That 100 person team includes PS4 and Xbox One devs too. They aren't all dedicated to PC. I bet the number gets smaller since they seem to be recycling events instead of coming up with new ones every year.