Overwatch

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Free rotation happens. Bastion is in it but no Tracer.

Best week of Overwatch ever.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Character rotation in an FPS would be literally retarded.
I dont see how, i think youre looking at it from a CoD or BF perspective - this is just LoL with a TF2 style twist to me. I assume they will just keep growing the roster and adding in more maps and such over time - makes sense and will make alot of money.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Its already off my buy list with what they have shown so far if it's a $60 entry fee, hard to tell if its my fault for watching all the streamers they let into beta and got bored or there marketing team fucked up royally. I'm leaning on the marketing team fucked up royally by limiting the beta to streamers + some fodder.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Overwatch - Origins Edition Launching Spring 2016 - $40 USD - News - Overpwn

We can't currently access the pre-purchase link with goes to BuyOverwatch.com.
Pre-purchasing will grant you a Widowmaker skin on launch.
The Origins Edition, according to Gamestop, will be $40. (Source)
This still doesn't exclude the game from being free to play.
Included Content
Sources from Game.co.uk.

21 Heroes
5 Skins
Blackwatch Reyes (Reaper)
Strike-Commander Morrison (Soldier: 76)
Overgrown Bastion
Security Chief Pharah
Slipstream Tracer

Overwatch-themed content for several Blizzard Entertainment games:
Heroes of the StormT - Tracer Hero
World of Warcraft? - Baby Winston Pet
StarCraft? II Portraits
Hearthstone? Cardback
Diablo? III - Mercy Wings

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its already off my buy list with what they have shown so far if it's a $60 entry fee, hard to tell if its my fault for watching all the streamers they let into beta and got bored or there marketing team fucked up royally. I'm leaning on the marketing team fucked up royally by limiting the beta to streamers + some fodder.
Lol? So you are not going to buy because of who they let in beta? wtf..

Xevy

Log Wizard
People freaking out over a game being 40-60 dollars in this day and age makes me laugh and hurt. Fuck you whiney F2P babies getting spoiled. Buy a fucking game you fucking "1-week later returner" pieces of shit.

*breathes out*

Sorry, sorry. Just a lot of whiny baby fucks out there. Too many. We need World War 3 to start to sort some of this shit out.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I dont believe i even own any games i didnt pay for aside from dev granted codes - Never lasted more than a day in a F2P MMO - I dont think the price is an issue really, it cost money to make games and there still is no word on them not having a free edition anyways. The shit looks fun and in the end thats what matters.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Character rotation in an FPS would be literally retarded.
Character rotation in a MOBA is fucking dumb as well. I doubt Blizzard will do that with this game anyways, since they admire Valve more than Riot.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I will be disappointed if this doesn't drop for the holiday season.

I'm also surprised CS still has that many people playing it, I got burned out on that shit the first decade it was out.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I will be disappointed if this doesn't drop for the holiday season.

I'm also surprised CS still has that many people playing it, I got burned out on that shit the first decade it was out.
How would it be out for holiday season when it says spring. The game might look polished, but it's a typical blizzard beta where they focused first on the core gameplay. Sure that part is polished, but it has no matchmaking and no progression, both of which take time to get done well and are important for the game longetivity. That's nothing to say of features like replays and spectating, or the lack of content in terms of maps, and obviously balance stuff.

They'll probably have an open beta with no wipe a few months before the actual release though, like hots.

As for pricing and complaining about it, how about waiting for the actual announcement. The stuff based on gamestop is vague as shit so far, some say 40$ for PC 60$ for consoles, others say 60 is for the collector edition, and no one has confirmed wether you need to buy a box or not to actually play at all. It's like the fucking articles saying the game releases in june, even though it says spring and says june or before. I mean it could be june and has a good chance of being that because blizzard likes to take their time, but it literally says it could also be the end of march, yet people are already setting it as a june release.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Character rotation in a MOBA is fucking dumb as well. I doubt Blizzard will do that with this game anyways, since they admire Valve more than Riot.
That's some mighty blind faith you got there, considering Blizzard uses a rotation in their own MOBA.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I dont see how, i think youre looking at it from a CoD or BF perspective - this is just LoL with a TF2 style twist to me. I assume they will just keep growing the roster and adding in more maps and such over time - makes sense and will make alot of money.
This game isn't a MOBA in any sense at all other than it has an ult you can use with skills replacing secondary weapons.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Lol? So you are not going to buy because of who they let in beta? wtf..
No, I'm saying with the content they've shown I don't think it's worth $$$$ to play. They will be needing more maps/modes to get my $$$$ not some bs skins.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
New image has the PC version listed for $40 (DLC) and $60 (Origins DLC/Box).
So looks like no free version of this game will be available.

Collectors Edition on Amazon, priced at $130
Amazon.com: Overwatch - Collectors Edition - Xbox One: Video Games

pJa8jNc.jpg

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Complaining about a $60 game is nuts.

Chrono Trigger - $80 in 1995. That's $125 in 2015 dollars due to inflation.

Gaming has never been cheaper than it is now. It's only expensive if you are a member of the Star Citizen cult.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not going to complain about the pricing, it will help battle against Bots/Hackers a little. However, in 1995 games didn't have microtransactions. I've spent more on MTX in the past year then any box cost+subscriptions from the '90s. EQ for a year was less expensive then my MTX purchases this year.

With the rise of MTX, game makers shouldn't go too crazy with box pricing anymore. It will deter MTX purchases. I might purchase the $60 version of this game, depends how the cosmetics look and if the extras are worth it to me. Otherwise I might just do the $40 and be more willing to buy cosmetics later. One thing with cosmetics is that they lose value if every person has them. Millions will probably buy the $60 version so those extras aren't going to be worth much to me unless this is a game I end up playing 5+ years and the Origins skins become super-rare. (similarly to the Season 1 skins in LoL that are impossible to acquire)