Overwatch

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not going to complain about the pricing, it will help battle against Bots/Hackers a little. However, in 1995 games didn't have microtransactions. I've spent more on MTX in the past year then any box cost+subscriptions from the '90s. EQ for a year was less expensive then my MTX purchases this year.

With the rise of MTX, game makers shouldn't go too crazy with box pricing anymore. It will deter MTX purchases. I might purchase the $60 version of this game, depends how the cosmetics look and if the extras are worth it to me. Otherwise I might just do the $40 and be more willing to buy cosmetics later. One thing with cosmetics is that they lose value if every person has them. Millions will probably buy the $60 version so those extras aren't going to be worth much to me unless this is a game I end up playing 5+ years and the Origins skins become super-rare. (similarly to the Season 1 skins in LoL that are impossible to acquire)
I imagine it will be like the HotS founders Pack, where no one wanted to use the included skins because it meant you were a noob, some of those skins are just now coming into popularity again.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Complaining about a $60 game is nuts.

Chrono Trigger - $80 in 1995. That's $125 in 2015 dollars due to inflation.

Gaming has never been cheaper than it is now. It's only expensive if you are a member of the Star Citizen cult.
I remember when Earthbound came out and I looked at the price and I was convinced no one will ever have this much money to spend on a video game

Column_sl

shitlord
I remember those Neo Geo games were like 150 bucks a piece.

There is no doubt that video gaming is cheap as fuck now.

Cybsled

The NeoGeo games were like $200.

I remember a kid getting the Neo Geo System and 1 game for his birthday when I was in grade school. Everyone at the party was like "WTF??? Your parents are rich!"

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The game isn't launching for 6-7 months. Stop complaining about content in a beta that's 2 weeks old.

Even if it has a price for a physical version doesn't preclude it from being F2P either - it's just a way to have retail presence. Heroes of the Storm had a physical version too where you were basically just paying for additional heroes/skins - they could easily do that here.

I'm sure all our questions will be answered today or this weekend with Blizzcon.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Gaming is at a state right now where there are good games to play at pretty much any price point. Yeah, Overwatch may not be worth $40 or $60 to you - but I'm sure it is to probably millions of people.

You can do a lot in something like Warframe for a minimal spend. You can find stuff like Shovelknight or Guacamelee that are super fun for low/no cost. You can get subscriptions like Playstation plus and get a constant feed of games for a low yearly fee. Then there's the bundling services and places like GOG.

Lots of ways to get your rocks off now.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
You mother fuckers are fucking stupid if you didn't think there was going to be some sort of cash flow in this game.

Blizzard doesn't allow community made Skins therefore the skin market is going to be glacially updated compared to Valve's product. They need to make money SOMEHOW. The fuck did you think was going to happen?

This isn't some fucking fantasy world where everything good is free and awesome. It's 40 dollars you broke ass bastards, most people spend that much in a night out drinking. If the game keeps you in on a single friday you've literally recouped the cost of buying it.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
You mother fuckers are fucking stupid if you didn't think there was going to be some sort of cash flow in this game.

Blizzard doesn't allow community made Skins therefore the skin market is going to be glacially updated compared to Valve's product. They need to make money SOMEHOW. The fuck did you think was going to happen?

This isn't some fucking fantasy world where everything good is free and awesome. It's 40 dollars you broke ass bastards, most people spend that much in a night out drinking. If the game keeps you in on a single friday you've literally recouped the cost of buying it.
Skins/mounts seem to be doing well for them in hots, I see them all the time and new ones are released all the time.

Also agree, its way too early to be complaining about game modes/maps, there definitely will be a ton added.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Skins/mounts seem to be doing well for them in hots, I see them all the time and new ones are released all the time.

Also agree, its way too early to be complaining about game modes/maps, there definitely will be a ton added.
... You buy heroes in hots, the pace at which they release skins compared to TF/CSGO/Dota is glacial.

Column_sl

shitlord
They have 2 free to play games that are doing fine, and they are making bank on skins and card packs.

This is basically the same deal. Skins, and probly some kind of packs to buy

I have no idea why they are charging for a game that is in a Free to Play model.

Either way we will make out because the stats say you will end up paying more in a Free2Play environment then you would ever do paying for a game outright.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
What cheap ass shit do you do and drink on the weekends? I am thrilled to spend under $400 Friday through Sunday.
Fucking pleb, I easily spend 40k on the weekends. I was just trying to relate to poorfags here obviously.

xzi

Mouthbreather
3 new heroes were added. Mech bitch, ice climbers, and a ninja. I'm actually interested in Mei, a CC tank is going to be fucking annoying and sounds exactly like something I want to play.

Overwatch