Overwatch

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Blizzard navigated that one pretty nicely, they didn't sell those rights until right before it started. Funny thing is if they hadn't sold the rights to twitch, what would they have done anyway? Stream them on their own crappy platform they use for blizcon? Just stream on twitch anyway but with no exclusivity(which really doesn't change much for twitch). It sounded more like Blizzard should be in a panic, but then Amazon spent a fuckton of money for it.

Numbers are also very good so far. Better than pretty much any OW content before it seems like. It's also pretty nice to watch now with the colored skins they did, makes it a lot clearer.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think Valiant has been super under rated. Are they undefeated right now through the preseason as well? I'd slot them in the top 3-4 after Seoul and New York (and maybe London).

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Blizzard navigated that one pretty nicely, they didn't sell those rights until right before it started. Funny thing is if they hadn't sold the rights to twitch, what would they have done anyway? Stream them on their own crappy platform they use for blizcon? Just stream on twitch anyway but with no exclusivity(which really doesn't change much for twitch). It sounded more like Blizzard should be in a panic, but then Amazon spent a fuckton of money for it.

Numbers are also very good so far. Better than pretty much any OW content before it seems like. It's also pretty nice to watch now with the colored skins they did, makes it a lot clearer.

Im so glad they fixed the players health bars to actually reflect the team colours. In the preseason everything was just white on white and really hard to tell apart. Much much better now.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Valiant seem very good, their tanks are excellent, and Im not sure Id place Soon as a top tracer purely on mechanics alone but he seems very very consistent which is what a team needs.

Dallas seem a bit all over the place and Id love to know what their strategy actually is/was when buying players. I do not believe xqc and seagull were the best possible players they could have gotten, but the fact that there was a 50k or so drop off after their game speaks for itself. Taimou also has a weird hero pool for a dps player, especially in this meta, and particularly now in this league where a lot of players have caught up to him in raw ability. Its pure speculation on the fact he said he doesn't really play the game outside of scrimming, but I feel that some of the hunger/intensity has gone from him. They also have another couple of very hard matches coming up so could be 0-4 very shortly.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Did they fuck with lootboxes again and revert back to duplicates all day every day?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Watching Jardio play Mei is such an experience. He plays her so well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So a friend just gave me his Blizz account and i started playing OW and really enjoy it so far despite being a clueless noob who literally is unaware of what most abilities or heroes do. (Soldier 76 ftw atm) If anyone wants to play plz add me I'm Felz#1543

Thing is, when i start up the game i often get odd frame rate crashes the first 2-5 minutes. Like from 150 to 5 and back....

.. I have a RX 580 + Ryzen 5 1400 @ 3.7 with 8gb ram. So i should basically never drop below 60and indeed this is the case all the time otherwise. Can anyone help me out with what could be causing it?

I had something similar when booting up the Surge the other day also, this is another game where i get 100fps avg on Ultra normally but was randomly dropping under 15fps during fights the first minute or two after startup... One thing i have noticed is random jumps from 40-50% GU usage to 100% usage on MSI AB.

Edit; I'm not trying to play on a 4k monitor but it did jut occur to me i have supersampling enabled + 150%+ rez scaling in the surge...

Araxen

I would turn down the rez scalling to 100%. 150% is way too high and there is really zero benefits to it in Overwatch. It doesn't make the game look any better really.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would turn down the rez scalling to 100%. 150% is way too high and there is really zero benefits to it in Overwatch. It doesn't make the game look any better really.

I turned off the rez scaling/super sampling, that seems to have fixed it, it could still run while bottoming out at 50 or so most of the time is p impressive IMO considering i had the scaling at 1800p+ 150% rez scaling.. Honestly i sorta wonder if i could just use this as a 4k card and lower the settings a bit... These experts seem to wildly overrate what you need to in terms of GPU horsepower to play at those rez. Oddly enough wow at highest setting knocks me into the 40s-70s but again that was on supersampling 1800p so who knows..

Just started trying moria, think i found my new love, i get bigger kill streaks on a fucking healer and weve just rolled over every random game so far. never seen teams get their buts kicked so hard but i guess that's what having a semi competent healer in randoms helps do.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It's fun to see a good widow I appreciate the skill, but I hate her...it makes for some boring games to watch. Teams are too careful trying to stay out line of sight. Games without widow are much more exciting in my opinion.

Araxen

Congrats Seoul on the first OWL Championship!

They'll become even stronger once Mercy is nerfed to hell. They have the best Ana in the world.

I agree on Widow, it's not like they can nerf her though(not that I wouldn't mind it happening). LAG should have ran pirate ship instead trying that gimmick a second time around. It was only going to work once.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
10 of the 12 games finished either 3-1 or 4-0. So no close matches, hopefully that won't be the norm or it will be boring.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The scores might not be close but there have been a lot of really good matches. Last year there were seasons of Apex that were super dominant, but I've seen quite a few teams convincingly win team fights vs Seoul.

I watched almost every pro match last year, and I think few of them match up to the first few games of the season. So glad others are watching too! I usually watch everything late and catch up so hopefully not many spoilers :D

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I had 2 interesting(bad) matches yesterday, directly related to OWL.

Junkertown, a group of 2 decided to go Hanzo and Widow on attack, saying that it worked in OWL. Of course the fact that the rest of the team was different than what they did in OWL didn't seem to faze them...neither the fact that they couldn't get any pick. We failed to take the first point.

Lunar Colony, not going to blame that player directly for the loss like the previous example though. He played attack Sombra, because he saw it work during OWL, again not realizing that the team was completely different. Sombra isn't a bad character cut she requires a lot of teamwork to be efficient. Almost no one was using her hack pack so she built her ult slowly(for a Sombra). Again we failed to take point A, they had a cheese comp that probably would have stumped us anyways.

The other thing I saw, although the sample was small....maybe 15 during the weekend was a huge increase in Widowmakers.

As I said it's a small sample, unsurprisingly though it would seem OWL strategies will trickle down to competitive a bit. The other unsurprising thing is people wanting to try OWL strategies even though the team comp doesn't support it. The other thing, as in the case of the double sniper on Junkertown, the people refuse to switch, unlike in OWL where they switch pretty fast if it doesn't work.