Overwatch

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Was on a roll today and ended on a loss. We were winning but when it came to defend against payload map the team whipped out bastion and to my renewed surprise my team couldnt kill it. I'd kill mercy and bastion would still kill everyone with anna healing him and reinhardt shielding. Just sucks to be winning then lose to such a gimmick. We had a DVA, roadhog, a junk, reaper moira mercy and couldnt get it done.

I would dive bomb on moira kill the mercy and one other usually. If I didnt kill mercy she'd just res bastion. Its a combo I see a lot and sometimes its orisa and rein shielding bastion and it works, crazily. Not first time I've lost to it.

On Junkerton I had a match go 12-11 (we won), because both teams did Bastion cheese that couldn't be stopped. I went Mei on the 4th Defense round after we capped and got to 12 points, they got 2 of 3 but then I stopped them with Mei ult and we won.

Bastion is legit on that map, I see it often

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The OWL stuff is so bizarre given that there's only one actual 'stadium'. I mean I'm willing to bet none of the members of the 'Boston' Uprising has ever set foot in New England.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
That's supposedly for the first season only, they want teams to play locally next season or in the future.

As I said I more interested in OWL as an experiment than the actual league itself, I find the idea of trying to replicate the way actual NA pro-sport leagues function but for esports a cool concept.

I have no clue which skin to buy with my free tokens. I should pick a team to follow just for the fun of it. :)

lost

<Bronze Donator>
On Junkerton I had a match go 12-11 (we won), because both teams did Bastion cheese that couldn't be stopped. I went Mei on the 4th Defense round after we capped and got to 12 points, they got 2 of 3 but then I stopped them with Mei ult and we won.

Bastion is legit on that map, I see it often

Ya this was on Numbani. We were wrecking them in the beginning we had a great widow and they had a good widow but ours was better, so they said F it and went bastion and our widow went junk but couldnt get it done. Feels so lame to lose to that combo lol.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I hate that combo too.

The problem I have with it in gold, is that it's a relatively simple combo to set up and require low level of coordination. It takes a fairly high level of coordination to break it though. People tend to tilt when facing it, and start trickling in and everything goes to shit pretty fast.

The most reliable counter I've done against it when I duo with a friend is to go Roadhog, and him Orissa and do the mini-grav/hook combo. She pulls him to the side and I hook him. Not saying it's the best way to deal with it, but works for us fairly reliably.

Once the setup is broken, it can be hard to reset the Bastion, so either the game shifts in your favor or the other team switches offs to a different strategy.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I even played against a team that went Bastion, Orisa, Rein, Winston, Dva, Mercy on defense @ Anubis. We couldn't cap the 1st point. Unless you're a premade then it's really difficult getting past this types of comps.. like Valderan says... requires small amount of coordination to setup, but a much higher amount of coordination to get past.

And yea, if you can get a pick and break it apart, then it falls apart really fast. Shields/Matrix are so strong though, need a good flanker or lucky snipe to get the mercy then rush down the bastion. If the mercy is good then it's nearly impossible though.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Don't know if I should base my OWL skin purchase on the team's skills or because I like the color combo.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Don't know if I should base my OWL skin purchase on the team's skills or because I like the color combo.

I based mine on looking like Ronald McDonald, behold:

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.46.55 AM.png

(shortly after i learned that McGenji is actually a gay fanfic for mccree and genji.)

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Lol The Black/gold OWL skin with gold genji blade looks badass. Same for mercy. My Moira has that skin color above hehe, and my reaper and my mcree =P I got the black for reaper tho cause gold guns blend in too much with bright color. I really like the halloween reaper (pumpkin) the best tho but the gold guns shine so much its distracting.
AMnUXFrWSD_LH9NnnAHl7A.png
9OgBnZpYQFCc4RhQXgNERw.png

and yeah the winston/orisa/rein is hard. we did that once against a good widow which made the enemy team lose cause their widow wouldnt swap lol

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Can't believe Amazon paid 90 million for exclusive streaming rights to the overwatch league, seems nuts.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I think IDDQD is on the bench for the first game. He really kicked ass in the preseason. Figured he would start, especially since you know Soon is going to be on tracer. Need that flash bang.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Watching on the OWL app and they don't have a Chromecast option

They're fucking it all up

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Watching this is more entertaining than I thought it would be. Haven't really watched any OW streams, just seen highlights here that you guys have posted. The view from above with character portraits on the map is pretty cool.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I was bored. Watching fps is too uninteresting. Fast paced action 99% of the time, no time to strategize what the teams should try to do, it's mindless and fatiguing