Overwatch

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
What's the difference between the Mercy at master and a Mercy in silver?

The rank of her boyfriend. :)

I play with some of my old WoW guild mates and one of the dude's wife is involved. She plays Mercy 100% of the time.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm only level 30. I played a bit when this first came out, stopped, and recently started again. There are a number of new maps and heroes so I think my biggest problem at the moment is 101 shit. Not knowing maps intimately or abilities of some of the newer heroes. But I find this game to be considerably easier than TF2 - which I played quite a bit. Also made the learning curve easier except for the massive amount of heroes in this game.

Play Mystery Heroes, you'll learn the heroes and maps pretty quickly.

I play with some of my old WoW guild mates and one of the dude's wife is involved. She plays Mercy 100% of the time.

Jeff and Blizzard are worried they are going to lose a lot of the female player base by nerfing her hard which why I think they are coddling Mercy. The mention about her in the video is basically addressing the women players of the game I felt. I don't think they expected to have so many women playing the game and are trying to keep them.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
When my winrate hit 40% I stopped with Mercy, but yea she's an appealing character for me.

Barcode is a lady that plays alot of dps/tank well.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Jeff and Blizzard are worried they are going to lose a lot of the female player base by nerfing her hard which why I think they are coddling Mercy. The mention about her in the video is basically addressing the women players of the game I felt. I don't think they expected to have so many women playing the game and are trying to keep them.

I honestly believe that the Mercy change won't make her unplayable. She will still be the best healer in terms of healing output, still extremely mobile and Valkyrie will still be a good ultimate, the AOE healing or damage is really nice.

What will change is that she won't be a must pick anymore. I doubt very much people will tell Mercy players to switch to something else, but they won't be telling other healers to switch to Mercy anymore. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
BTW I played alot yesterday and I noticed a lot of hit reg problems. Not the usual right-before-death ones but like 5 hanzo arrows going right through people for 0 damage kind of thing.

A few days ago I noticed it on reaper.

Oh and there were a few very blatant noregs during league games recently. Surefour had a dragon blade on numbani I remember that just went right through people with no damage, and that's on lan so can't be a network thing. Seems like they have some new bugs.

Speaking of Leaguery, Seoul vs New York in 1.5 hours hence! That's going to be a good match. Basically #1 vs #2.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
From what I understand from Tier2 teams who scrim on PTR is Mercy is still viable but so are all the other healers now. Mercy is like D'Va where they have an extremely vocal community and any nerfs are met with extreme ire.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I only did my placements but got Masters this season. At the end of my placements, the last 4 or so, it seemed they were scaling everything up to see how well I did. At first it was all unranked for the first 5 or so matches, then it was diamonds, then the last 3 games or so were like 6 masters, 2 diamonds, and 4 unranked. At the end voice was not necessarily important, but people on comms were MUCH more common and it wasn't just "God, I do EVERYTHING" or "What are you guys doing?!?!" it was all "can one of you play ___, or I can switch and play ___" and "okay group up". Just general tactics and stuff. I probably spoke up once when they wanted me to Zenyatta rather than Moira and I told them no because I had more healing than our Mercy and they only had 2 tanks. That and I had 0 protection, so I'd rather have an escape than be at the will and protection of my unknown teammates.

I think I lost 2 and won 8, maybe lost 3 and won 7? The first game was bullshit. It was 6 solo's vs a 6 man team, all with the fucking Shanghai Dragons symbol and matching OWL outfits for their characters. We still ALMOST beat them, but communication between 6 people is going to trump 6 solo's just fucking around.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Holy shit New York looks strong. I didn't really expect the slambulance to work vs Seoul

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just love that 4 tanks+Moira+Lucio on Lunar Colony. It's so much fun to watch.

• 1Like

Araxen

I finally pulled out my Mei I've been working on in other modes in Comp I got POTG. It was a last minute switch, but it ended up working out! FeelsGoodMan

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
dat shadowburn tho! but the jjonak bastion snipe and pine mcree clip are pretty uber.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I hope they show stats on Mickie and Custa. That was some ult battery hog. And maybe Custa is doing stuff off camera but I just see him fall over.

• 1Salty

Araxen

Mickie... Flex Tank... LOL no.

D'Va one trick...YES.

I've played at least over 50 games this week and I've finally gotten Blizz World during Mystery Heroes. I've tried the Blizz World mode, but it ends up being 5 DPS and then me. Fuck that.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
This is like double frustration. Both sides using crappy bench warmers with the good players on the wrong heros.

Haha hex with the coaching dig. Deserved.

Last edited: