Overwatch

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I feel like Roadhog is shafted in the current meta. To the point i fell its essential to learn zarya for OT.

I played my lower SR account last couple days of se10 after ignoring it for a cpl months. I was very happy with my results on it save the 4 matches i had to offtank i went 1-3 despite not even playing bad.

The sheer amount of armour + barriers is a massive pain. But even more frustrating is having 400hp, hooking a hanzo comboing him to 10hp. Yet getting killed via storm arrow before i got my second shot off.

Overall i had avg 13 hooks per 10mins and 70% accuracy. Yet landed very few kills from those as most of the best options were barried off, or in the backline, with too much support/armour ect... it just feels much harder to greatly effect fights with him compared to a few months ago. This is as someone who is actually adept at using his alt-fire. So i suspect it shall be worse for those great number of players who are not.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just finished my placement. I went 5-5 and got 2874. Last season ended at 2884 and season high was 2988.

Small sample of just 10 matches, but no leaver, no toxicity at all, all good team comps. Not sure if it's the LFG or endorsement or just luck, but was fun. :)

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Man have to wonder how much the game's gonna change post hamster. Some of those chokes become completely different when he drops on your head like that. Good thing I just got Mei's gold gun and she's going to be a monster if they keep her with no dropoff. She can 1 hit snipe tracer across the map!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just finished my placement on the alt account. I went 6-4 and got 2231. Last season ended at 2160 and season high was 2266.

I had one toxic game. This girl was bitching against everyone from maybe 1 minute into the game after our 2nd push.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really hate how this game has become if you don't have a better Widow you lose in some games. I've had that at least three times tonight in placements and I've lost all three because we didn't have the better Widow. I can play Mei for DPS, but I'm no option to counter a Widow. My first placement I played Mei and I just owned. The other teams Mei switch off because I was doing so good. I like to flex and play Orisa and Zenyatta and the current meta won't allow me to play Mei every match at least in Gold. Mei isn't even good on every map so I'd prefer to play Zen(which I have an amazing winrate on) or Orisa(kinda of ok winrate on nowdays).

I hate how this game allows for the only one counter to some heroes to be that hero. Well not everyone is good at the hero. There should be some counterplay with others. Widow did have a counter in Winston, but her grapple hook cooldown reduction eliminated that. She didn't need that and it pisses me off.

In the short history of this game the meta to counter the meta is the meta. I feel like that is pretty bad balancing on the devs part. Rock/Paper/Scissors balancing can be bad, but i'd prefer that to a straight up the same hero counter.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Played 2matches last night, first couple in about 2-3 months. All 4 teams had the hanzo+zarya package. I went 1-1. Didn't see any widow.

How is countering widow different now? Can't use divers anymore?

Cybsled

Sombra can be a decent Widow counter depending on where she setup. You can disable her hook and Sombra's uzi is better than Widow's AR in close combat.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
They should update Lucioball to use the hamster as the ball.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

There is actually a fun trick you can do, but I have trouble getting it to work half the time. Basically if you stack your turrets on the ground, stand on them, then summon a teleporter, the turrets teleport to the other side. Easy way to turret bomb a backline lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
There is actually a fun trick you can do, but I have trouble getting it to work half the time. Basically if you stack your turrets on the ground, stand on them, then summon a teleporter, the turrets teleport to the other side. Easy way to turret bomb a backline lol
Or you can just make a teleporter, throw the turrets in the teleporter near you and they will come out the other side every time.