Overwatch

lost

<Bronze Donator>
yeah his sensitivity or mouse flick is low sensitivity, looked pretty legit until last shot. probably sneaks by most of the time cause it doesnt really flick to the head or jerk movement like some can. probably has a key or mouse toggle so when hes close to the target he holds it down to flick over to head but its a small distance move

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
eh this doesn't seem completely blatant, its pretty common even in like plat to use that grapple and aim sights in doorway for respawns. He doesn't flick until the widow is in view.

its obviously a smurf at the very least, but don't think you can say that its aimbot from that clip alone. He checks doorway early so I assume he's not using wall hacks which most bots have.

honestly just seems like a fairly decent smurf from that clip. i watched the entire thing game and his movement was pretty good, so i'd say its just a high rated widow with a pocket mercy playing against a comp with no shields / pressure for most of the match

there weren't that many clips of her p.o.v though so its hard to say for certain its not a triggerbot, but high rated widows can aim that well so that it feels totally oppressive

Xevy

Log Wizard
She wasn't pocketed. Her partner was Doomfist the first round solely to prevent me from getting to her with Winston. The two times I managed to push her ahe just grappled to the wall, scoped and headshot me. Also 55% is usually the magical toggle number and she had 54%. Brings me back to the season 1/2 days when every 10th game was an aimbotting widow or soldier.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Smart aimbotters dont do it 24/7, theyll toggle it on off. Couple years ago I think pcgamer interviewed the cunts responsible for the majority of cheats/bots and they said at least when it came to Steam based games, so long as you arent doing it every second in a game it was basically impossible to get caught.

Also this season is an abortion. Started 2999 went to 3200, then cratered down to 2505. Now stuck in 2600-2700 range.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
DJ Khaled...really Blizzard? This screams 40 year old with no taste in music asking a group of 40 year old MBA's, "What are the kids listening to these days?"

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So OWL first season is over. London won it all.

All in all, I enjoyed it and it looks like it was a huge success. Rumors of Paris and another team in China are going around with cost between 30-60M, so these people are seeing something there. 90M contract with twitch, a deal for the playoffs with Disney and ESPN, and it seems it might be for season 2 also.

I think is attracting the owners is the stability that OWL provides being built like regular sport leagues with city based teams, playing a season and qualifying for playoffs rather than just tournaments here and there. It also is built with long term investment in mind. Whether all of it works out in the end remains to be seen but it is something familiar for the owners.

The league started with mostly just a few pc/gaming sponsors but diversified as the season went along, with some team even getting their own sponsors. Again this is a model investors are familiar with.

I hope they learn from season 1 and make some improvement in season 2. This isn't an all inclusive list but are some thing I personally would like to see. Some of these are kind opposite.

I think they would benefit from having the league on the same patch as the live game. It's annoying to watch them play with some heroes not up to date, or not there are all. You see things that are not reflected when you play the game.

I would like to see the map pool being done differently. Maybe have the map pool for 1 week instead of 1 stage, not seeing King's Row for an entire stage for example sucks, it's probably one of the best map in Overwatch.

This point is going to be a bit weird because there's a contradiction in it...I think it's important to have a diverse meta, a stale meta makes the game extremely boring to watch day after day. On the other hand the change of meta in stage 4 and final killed NYXL and some of the "stories" that were built during the season and that was kind of disappointing. Although I think the team will probably learn and not built team that are one-tricks. As good as Jjonak and Saebeayobe are they are mostly 1 trick zen and tracer and when both were a bit out of the meta, NYXL were not able to adjust. Teams that had players that could flex on more heroes were able to adapt to the changing meta.

I think they can improve the viewing experience somewhat, I think it would be easy for them to allow viewers to customize what they see. I, for one would love to have the overhead view on at all time in a corner. I'd like to be able to some extent be able to switch viewpoint of which player I follow. Seeing the game from Widowmaker 90% of the time just plain sucks,

And this is highly personal, and might not be an issue in season 2 because of changes to her and other heroes...but fuck Widowmaker. It is absolutely horrible that even at OWL level, games are decided by who has the better Widowmaker in a lot of cases. She makes for extremely boring game to watch, almost any game that doesn't have widow is more entertaining.

I'm genuinely looking forward to season 2, and see how many more teams will be there. It should be fairly different, Hammond, reworked Symmetra, reworked Torbjorn, changes to all damage drop off for McCree, Soldier, Mei and Bastion, nerf to Widowmaker, Zarya, Hanzo are stuff that's in already that weren't in OWL. I'm sure we'll get at least 1, maybe 2 new heroes and more changes before season 2 starts...so it will be interesting to see how teams adapt.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Mystery Heroes league would be great.

Well maybe a league, but I'd like to see that at an All-Star game weekend like they do during the All-Star game in hockey, there's competition for hardest shot, fastest skater, etc...

It would be fun to see an All-Star Mystery heroes, or have all the best Widowmaker(and I hate her btw) in a Widowmaker only deathmatch, or other silly fun custome game mode like this.

You get to see your favorite pro-players just fooling around in different type of competitions.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So OWL first season is over. London won it all.

All in all, I enjoyed it and it looks like it was a huge success. Rumors of Paris and another team in China are going around with cost between 30-60M, so these people are seeing something there. 90M contract with twitch, a deal for the playoffs with Disney and ESPN, and it seems it might be for season 2 also.

I think is attracting the owners is the stability that OWL provides being built like regular sport leagues with city based teams, playing a season and qualifying for playoffs rather than just tournaments here and there. It also is built with long term investment in mind. Whether all of it works out in the end remains to be seen but it is something familiar for the owners.

The league started with mostly just a few pc/gaming sponsors but diversified as the season went along, with some team even getting their own sponsors. Again this is a model investors are familiar with.

I hope they learn from season 1 and make some improvement in season 2. This isn't an all inclusive list but are some thing I personally would like to see. Some of these are kind opposite.

I think they would benefit from having the league on the same patch as the live game. It's annoying to watch them play with some heroes not up to date, or not there are all. You see things that are not reflected when you play the game.

I would like to see the map pool being done differently. Maybe have the map pool for 1 week instead of 1 stage, not seeing King's Row for an entire stage for example sucks, it's probably one of the best map in Overwatch.

This point is going to be a bit weird because there's a contradiction in it...I think it's important to have a diverse meta, a stale meta makes the game extremely boring to watch day after day. On the other hand the change of meta in stage 4 and final killed NYXL and some of the "stories" that were built during the season and that was kind of disappointing. Although I think the team will probably learn and not built team that are one-tricks. As good as Jjonak and Saebeayobe are they are mostly 1 trick zen and tracer and when both were a bit out of the meta, NYXL were not able to adjust. Teams that had players that could flex on more heroes were able to adapt to the changing meta.

I think they can improve the viewing experience somewhat, I think it would be easy for them to allow viewers to customize what they see. I, for one would love to have the overhead view on at all time in a corner. I'd like to be able to some extent be able to switch viewpoint of which player I follow. Seeing the game from Widowmaker 90% of the time just plain sucks,

And this is highly personal, and might not be an issue in season 2 because of changes to her and other heroes...but fuck Widowmaker. It is absolutely horrible that even at OWL level, games are decided by who has the better Widowmaker in a lot of cases. She makes for extremely boring game to watch, almost any game that doesn't have widow is more entertaining.

I'm genuinely looking forward to season 2, and see how many more teams will be there. It should be fairly different, Hammond, reworked Symmetra, reworked Torbjorn, changes to all damage drop off for McCree, Soldier, Mei and Bastion, nerf to Widowmaker, Zarya, Hanzo are stuff that's in already that weren't in OWL. I'm sure we'll get at least 1, maybe 2 new heroes and more changes before season 2 starts...so it will be interesting to see how teams adapt.

The OW finals were on ABC yesterday mid-day (it was a replay of the finals).

The fact it was on a regular station was mindblowing.

I couldn't watch it, and I already knew who won, but I did see 10 seconds of it while flipping to another show. Kinda crazy.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm going to rage if there isn't a Chicago team next season.

Another China team and Atlanta(wtf).

Atlanta and Guangzhou Take the Stage

Edit: This game really is slowly dying. It's out of the Top 10 on Twitch. It won't get back in the Top 10 till XQC or Calvin starts streaming today. Seagull just stopped streaming Overwatch for the day and viewership just craters overall. There are only three huge streamers keeping the game alive on Twitch.

gkHytcC.jpg

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Those PUBG numbers. How the mighty have fallen. lol

That screenshot was taken at a retarded time. There's a literal Streamer 100k Tourney for Realm Royale going on. So most of the top streamers are streaming that including Ninja and Shroud. Overwatch is usually higher than that and Realm Royale isn't even in top 20.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I don't know if I would consider it dying, more on the lines of its just a boring game to watch in terms of the overall experience. You definitely need some serious personality behind the streamer to be even entertained. If Calvin, Seagull or XDC streamed any other game, just like Ninja or any other popular stream, those numbers would flock there.

Buuut we also don't have public information on playtime, just sold copies.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Rumor is that Birdring hurt his wrist by slamming his fist on his desk playing getting over it hahahaahah

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
In terms of Streamed games (excluding IRL), Overwatch has maintained 7th most watched Twitch game for the entirety of 2018.

However..... these numbers are dramatically skewed by OWL.

Without OWL the game has been outside top 10 for basically the entire year, and a lot of last year.

If you look at "Absolute Views" Overwatch has NOT lost much, but again, OWL is keeping it mostly afloat.
Twitch Games Statistics
(Change settings to "Absolute" and "Avg Viewers")

November 2016: 29K Avg Viewers (7.6% share)
July 2018: 29K Avg Viewers (4.7% share)

During beginning of OWL it was averaging 40-60K.

So relative to other games, it's lost 2.9% share of viewers, but in absolute terms it has the exact same number of viewers as 1.5 years ago.

I'm not sure what the schedule of OWL is and when it'll start back up, but it'll be VERY interesting to see the views without OWL.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I wonder how many people actually watch OWL versus people afking for drops though. I keep getting boxes of I don't know what, I guess lootboxes ingame? when I'm watching OWL. I feel this is a bit tricky to use drops to get people to "watch" the stream. I mean, I'm sure most of the watchers are actual people watching, it's just I wouldn't be surprised if 20 or 30% of the numbers were people mostly afking for drops until the good matches and shit.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ravishing Ravishing Don't get me wrong, I am defending the popularity of Overwatch, but OWL has skewed the numbers in many ways.

The most obvious way it has skewed viewership is by it's popularity.

There are less obvious ways though, a lot of OWL players who were popular streamers didn't stream during the season or streamed very little, or in some cases streamed other games.

Also other Overwatch streamers had to change their streaming schedule to accommodate the OWL schedule which is during prime-time 4 days a week.

The last thing and it might not be huge but I know it affected me personally, is that I don't watch any Overwatch stream anymore aside from OWL. It's like I don't watch Hockey beside NHL games. This is one aspect I'm curious of long term effect on viewership, all of sudden regular Overwatch stream feel like watching second rate games.

In some ways, OWL has a negative impact on the game itself...the time OWL is on, is the time I play the game...so I have to make a decision. Do I watch OWL or play Overwatch, my playtime was drastically down during the OWL season. A lot of changes have and will be made because of OWL, either from a balance perspective, or simply to make the game more entertaining to watch.

Not OWL related but they managed to raise 12M for Mercy skin for cancer. I'm sure they're looking for ways to monetized something like that for OWL. Sure you can buy OWL skins, but I wouldn't be surprise if one day you could buy a LA Gladiators Widowmaker skin with Surefour number and name on it, or buy voice lines by players, etc...that Mercy thing even if for a good cause showed that gamers have a lot of disposable income.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Funny thing about OW is that I NEVER watched streams because watching fast-paced FPS games is usually terrible (PUBG/FN are easier due to pacing). At least OWL has commentary and overlays, so I actually tuned in a little bit.. not much... but OWL definitely was the only reason I ever watched an OW stream.

HOWEVER, I was playing the shit out of the game for the ~2 years it's been released... I basically mixed it up with some LoL/HS and now FN.

I gotta believe my viewing habits aren't too far off the norm. OW was never really a top 3 or top 5 game. Even in 2016 it was barely top 5. It has always been behind the latest FPS (CS:GO/PUBG/FN). LOL has been #1 since forever.. Even HEARTHSTONE has always beaten OW.

But for some reason Blizzard has had a hard-on for OW and dumps so much more resources into OW than HS.

Which leads me to believe that Twitch #s do not tell the whole OW story.

Plus, being a Top 10 game is still insanely good in today's gaming climate.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Which leads me to believe that Twitch #s do not tell the whole OW story.

I agree, remember twitch paid 90M for 2 years streaming exclusivity. They sold 12 teams at 20M each, they have 2 new ones for season 2 already at somewhere between 30-60M according to rumours. They want 6 more for season 2 and seems the interest is there.