Overwatch

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whenever I get him in Mystery Heroes I feel so lost with him. He takes a ton of creativity to be good with him and I suck at being creative or thinking outside the box. He's sort of like Genji in that regard and I suck with him too. Maybe I just need to take Hammond in the custom Aim Practice mode I use and just swing around with him.

My experience is people are far too interested in trying to roll around shit, the grapple swing thing rarely works for dmg and is very easy to disrupt with a simple Junkrat mine among other things will knock it off, and obviously people will just not stand in your path.

The one time he felt effective was when the guy stayed fairly close to the rest of the team and rarely tried to do dmg in ballform or piledrive much. He basically just played him like a D.va using his ball form to get good position at usually 5-20m from a target, shoot, ballform out.. it was the first area of Junkertown so good sightlines and lots of open area. Of course the other team was sorta crap as they could not complete area 1 of Junkertown soo..

Btw, what is your aim practice mode like? i'm trying to make something like this for myself.

Last edited:

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Hammond is one of the most powerful characters to date but is extremely hard to play.

See if I can get a video of my son playing him, he is over 7 kdr 80% win rate 10k dmg/10 28 elim/10 in comp on Hammond and what he does with him I have never seen another Hammond even come close.

Are you guys below diamond?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I really get bored fast with Lucioball.

They should have all the characters in it! Tune their skills to make the ball boop.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
lol wtf? Rocket League pay off?

The funny thing is I suck at Rocket League.

Lucioball is frustrating because almost nobody knows how to stick to one side of the field if you aren't the goalie. I try to stick to one side because you can easily cover one side while the other guy can cover the other and the goalie can easily pick up any clears.

Most players just ball chase so you end up with two people in a corner and nobody to pick up loose balls on the other side of the field which would have led to easy goals.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Hammonds strengths lies in all in dive comps. His shield is actually pretty damn strong. Maybe even OP. Fucking more health then Winston ult if procced fully.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I got him a couple times in mystery heroes and I had no idea what was going on. Most of the abilities didn't seem to do anything.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Haven't really played since release. So many new heroes. Stayed dva/mercy through my 8 placements I've done so far. Mixed results. I did not miss the toxicity.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

ex-genj

Golden Squire
I haven't played with any text or voice channels on in comp in months. Obviously sacrificing like 500+ SR by doing so but also keeping my sanity. I have no desire to hear the thoughts of the 8 to 25 year olds that play this game. With that in mind still enjoying the core gameplay pretty much. Sticking to tank/support of course.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not sure why I got picarded but it IS toxic. I landed at 1800 SR which is plenty laughable, I think it's even worse this low. It makes me laugh when people autopick heroes, so I'll get stuck on a healer which I'm fine playing, but then we inevitably lose and people yell at me not to play a healer.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
At that rank you really dont need to be in voice and save yourself the nonsense. There is no team play so there is no comp needed just pick the character you are best at.

Silver/Gold is by far the most toxic part of the game, 1000s of try hards who want to be plat and will forever believe it's their awful teammates stopping them from achieving it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah, agree. We did have some dude that last night was like "guys this isn't diamond, the 2-2-2 meta doesnt matter here"

I'm not good enough to believe id carry any team either

lost

<Bronze Donator>
i like lucioball its an easy way to get golden gun points, you get like 50-60 sr a win or loss and its easy to place high and thus climb. just sometimes sucks when im goalie and my boop doesnt work and ball goes thru me lol

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Btw a nice lady told me that Runaway is going to have a funmatch with the Korean world cup team "tomorrow". I have no idea when but I think it will be here?

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Started this season around 1200 SR after losing every placement. Currently up to about 2200 basically just playing as Torbjörn,soldier, and reaper. The few times I’ve turned on chat it’s msde me turn it right back off.

I find at my level I can still just follow the tank or flank the enemy and usually carry my team well enough.