Overwatch

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Wow, this game... way more mediocre than I had guessed.

It's serviceable and it plays OK, but I can't think of a reason to play it. The guns have a very TF2-esque feel to them which I never really liked as much. It doesn't feel like you get 'hit' or 'hit someone' so much as it's just DIKU style health bars go down. I really loved TFC and UT (2K4 especially) so I wouldn't say I don't like arena style combat games, but it's not a very satisfying experience, just an acceptable one.

What is the long term appeal again? I feel like they need a cash shop already and I haven't even got tired of any maps yet.

That said I do really like the art, direction and world. I'm kind of sad this wasn't an MMO now.

Cybsled

I do agree the feedback on guns could be better. Even if they simply changed the hit notification may help...it is very subtle as currently exists, but with all the stuff going on, it can be easy to miss. Maybe if it turned red or the shape was more noticeable or there was an audio feedback that was very distinct and only heard by you so you know you are the one hitting them?

Matches end very fast if one team has a good comp, so it doesn't leave much time to adjust. That can hurt casual players, as it doesn't really give them much time to "fix" things. If players get steamrolled too easily, it can discourage them. London seems to favor attackers in my times playing it.

I'm still trying to figure out what heroes I like. As a noob, I have had the most success with the dwarf guy, D.Va, and Reinhardt.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
So much hate over the new matchmaking system. I got my shit stomped in by pro gamers all day yesterday. Not fun.

Rito... I mean, Blizz plz.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I do agree the feedback on guns could be better. Even if they simply changed the hit notification may help...it is very subtle as currently exists, but with all the stuff going on, it can be easy to miss. Maybe if it turned red or the shape was more noticeable or there was an audio feedback that was very distinct and only heard by you so you know you are the one hitting them?
There is a sound notification already, and there's a red indicator when you get a headshot.

The UI is pretty shit but once you get used to tuning out all the pointless shit, it's actually pretty good. It's definitely getting reworked, Blizzard UI are always shit early in betas(or in the case of D3, it's shit until 3years after release).

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah audio hit notification is hard to miss, once you realize its there.

A lot more stable this evening, no crashes.

Having fun, really feels like a mix of moba/fps.

I don't understand the "feel" of hits? Like you want physics style reactions? So if you get shot you stumble or something? Maybe i just don't notice or or care, but I've never seen that in a multiplayer fps.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Go play any Half-Life 1 mod. It's a lot more direct, you take a hit and your character moves a tiny bit, you hear the impact and it affects your aim slightly.

I just don't notice the disruption of taking damage in this game.

xzi

Mouthbreather
This game is similar to TF2 in the same way that Battlefield is to Call of Duty.

Played all day and I am thoroughly enjoying it, mostly cause I got a few friends to play with. My only complaint is how much of a weak bitch Torbjorn is but overall everything else seems fairly balanced if you play around your team.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Got a bunch of first place finishes on Mccree. I like it better in some ways, worse in others now. I think too many of the Ults are dumb BS meant for idiots to be able to kill any one good player easily.

The 6v6 is OK, I think some of the map designs stop it from becoming too CoDish so far. I still struggle to see the long term appeal, that they didn't go a traditional MOBA unlock trees and stuff is a bit odd. If they had hero customization I would probably get 'hooked' more.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Got a bunch of first place finishes on Mccree. I like it better in some ways, worse in others now. I think too many of the Ults are dumb BS meant for idiots to be able to kill any one good player easily.

The 6v6 is OK, I think some of the map designs stop it from becoming too CoDish so far. I still struggle to see the long term appeal, that they didn't go a traditional MOBA unlock trees and stuff is a bit odd. If they had hero customization I would probably get 'hooked' more.
I feel the same way on both points.

I still wish could do more then 6v6

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Go play any Half-Life 1 mod. It's a lot more direct, you take a hit and your character moves a tiny bit, you hear the impact and it affects your aim slightly.

I just don't notice the disruption of taking damage in this game.
Lol half life 1 mod?

There is no disruption and I see no reason for one. I remember some shooters having that, but seems a while ago. I can't think of anything recent with it. This game is not trying to be "realistic" at all.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea guess you're right, those games weren't very popular.

The reality is impact is an important part of shooters. It's the visceral feedback of actions made manifest on screen. I don't get that feeling in Overwatch. It's just a touch too arcadey in my opinion. It adds that extra layer of separation from the action: I am watching the events unfold but not in them.

I don't even know how to quantify it other than that oddity experienced while playing, but I guess I'm not completely alone because others have made the same comment.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Most of these complaints are whats silly and mediocre but i have noticed the fact that sometimes i dont notice im being hit then im suddenly dead. I wish it had some type of flinching or better notification that someone is literally behind me pushing my shit in instead of finding out on the kill cam. Otherwise i feel the game is pretty legit as a beta - i dont mind the guns nor maps but i am sure everything will be fleshed out prior to launch anyways.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How can any of you retards miss the hit or being hit sounds/visuals? It's super obvious at all times. Hitting someone makes your cursor change and a little 'tick' sound, and being hit causes you to get the red flinching lines in the direction you're being shot from.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There are damage indicators showing you the direction, and sounds, but yeah they're lacking. I assume it'll be added though and it was something they felt they didn't need right away. Just screen dimming and better sound feedback would help. I do agree sometimes you don't notice you're getting hit fast enough. Large part of that too is your healthbar is in a fucking corner, and is a single color, so you don't notice it going down as easily as if it changed color, was bigger, or was more centered.

But most of these are UI shit, and it's typical blizzard to work on gameplay first and then fix UI.

Cybsled

Also, how does the McCree ult work? When the ult UI pops up, how do you select the targets for one shot killing?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Also, how does the McCree ult work? When the ult UI pops up, how do you select the targets for one shot killing?
How it works is everything in your vision starts "losing 100hp/s". They don't really, but that's how it counts down to determine how long you need them targetted, so tanks take longer. Once you fire, it does that damage. It shows a red skull if it'll instantly kill. There's no aiming, it will kill everyone, assuming they're not behind a shield. Shields are the big counter for his ult, as it does jackshit if they're behind one, and obviously if they hide behind a wall or some shit, you're not shooting them either. It's best used as a flanking tool in a crowded area. Like on Hanamura on point B, if you're on one of the ledges around the room and a bunch of people are brawling on the point, you ult and you can kill 3-4people at once, which generally guarantees a win(if you're attacking).

As for Bastion, assuming he's in a corner(if he's not just take anyone who can move quick, get behind him and fuck him in the ass), the best ways to deal with him are using Tracer or Hanzo ult(for Tracer you need to aim up to lob it above his shield, it doesn't do shit if you hit the shield) or to spam charged orbs at him with Symmetra. You can also spam him from range in certain spots and not have him actually hit you for meaningful damage because he does have spread, it's just not that much, but Pharrah or Widow can spam him down from super far with little risk if he's in a shit spot(need open spaces and stuff, doesn't work well on say King's End). Junkrat can also spam him if the angles allow it. He's a newb slayer but he's pretty shitty otherwise, he does high damage but if everyone shoots at him in return, he dies before he kills everyone if you have a tank soaking damage(D-Va or Reinhardt, Winston is pretty shit at it).