Overwatch

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
CC changes going up on the experimental card

later this afternoon we will be deploying changes to the experimental card (hopefully)

i wanted to give a little insight to the changes that we are trying. the term “crowd control” or “cc” is used to refer to abilities that heroes can do to other heros that cause them to lose control of their character. examples include mei’s ability to freeze you, reinhardt knocking you down with earthshatter or getting stuck in junkrat’s trap.

in overwatch, we need to walk a fine line with crowd control abilities. on the one hand, we are a highly competitive first person shooter. on the other hand, one of the defining things about overwatch is the fact that our heroes have amazing abilities and mobility. we understand that crowd control abilities can cause a lot of frustration. any time, control is taken away from you it generally doesn’t feel good.

so these experiments are targetted at certain heroes, specifically at their crowd control abilities, with the intent being that they will affect you less and have a lower overall impact on the game.

the one exception on this round of experiments is roadhog. we actually want to try to buff his ult a little bit to make it more impactful. it’s not as much of a pure buff as it might seem at first – while you will knock enemies back more, you’re also likely to push them out of damage more (unless you corner them).

internally, we have some bigger ideas about crowd control for overwatch 2 and are trying some experiments we are not able to bring to the experimental card (more fundarmental and larger changes).

we’ll see how this round goes and we’d love feedback. hopefully we can put some of these changes live if the test goes well.

HERO CHANGES (ONLY IN EXPERIMENTAL)

Roadhog

Whole Hog knockback increased 20%

Reinhardt

Earthshatter knockdown duration lowered from 3 to 2.5 seconds

Sigma

Accretion
Knockdown duration is now a fixed 0.8 second instead of scaling with distance
Cast time reduced from 0.75 to 0.65 seconds

McCree

Flashbang stun duration lowered from 0.85 to 0.7 seconds

Mei

Endothermic Blaster freeze stun duration lowered from 1.5 to 1.3 seconds
Blizzard duration lowered from 5 to 4.25 seconds

Ana

Sleep duration lowered from 6 to 5 seconds

Brigitte

Shield Bash stun duration lowered from 0.75 to 0.65 seconds

Araxen

Tigole Bitties from home. It is just a communication wheel/workshop update stuff.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looking like Sinatraa might jump ship to a Valorant team. I think the only thing preventing an exodus is that the skillset on a lot of roles really doesn't transfer that well. Wondering how many hitscan gods will drop from the OWL in the next few months though.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Looking like Sinatraa might jump ship to a Valorant team. I think the only thing preventing an exodus is that the skillset on a lot of roles really doesn't transfer that well. Wondering how many hitscan gods will drop from the OWL in the next few months though.

Araxen

OWL is a soon to be dead league. You can't be losing the MVP from last season like they just did and expect to be a good league. The entire way they are doing hero bans now in OWL is just flat out retarded.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
How smart is it to be switching over to a game thats not even out of beta when you have a very well paid, stable job with overwatch?

People have been saying OWL is dead league from day one and yet all we’ve seen since its launch are companies spending more and more to get a piece of it. Quarantine is really hurting it, but I can’t imagine it doesn’t bounce back quickly once things go back to normal (tm).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Valorant is a more traditional shooter, so it's going to be more competitive - especially because individual skill can really shine in that game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Sinatra has barely played this season. Seems like he got replaced. I have no idea why though. They tried playing him on Zarya is their first match and it didn't work out well.

Araxen

How smart is it to be switching over to a game thats not even out of beta when you have a very well paid, stable job with overwatch?

People have been saying OWL is dead league from day one and yet all we’ve seen since its launch are companies spending more and more to get a piece of it. Quarantine is really hurting it, but I can’t imagine it doesn’t bounce back quickly once things go back to normal (tm).

It's not like RIOT isn't going to support the esports side of the Valorant. They'll do a way better job of handling the esports side of it than Blizzard has done so far. Their handling of League proves how much better they'll handle things.

OWL is down to under 35k viewers on live matches. This league should be doing better during quarantine not worse due to it being one of the few live esports/sports. The NFL Draft had it's best ratings ever even with the scuffed cams.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It’s definitely not a good sign that one of highest paid player leaves a game he’s been playing for past 3 years for a game in beta. I’m sure more will follow. OWL season 4 will have vastly different players I think.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
No, it’s not a good sign. I just wonder if it’s a sign of a dying game or of a bored 20 year old with the freedom to make potentially questionable career decisions.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
A thot cant make a post without a gaggle fuck of pathetic simps replying

stupid fucking simps.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

I was playing Mystery Heroes last night, and got five 2CP maps in a row. I ended up dropping an endorsement level for leaving them. lol

Araxen

I didn't know this till now, but it's the real Halsey. She's more than a thot. lol