Overwatch

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Ya well, I just had someone pick widowmaker and not switch on nepal even when 2 of us pointed out how worthless she is on that map.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I love playing Reaper on Nepal. So many souls to consume at the capture point, you can heal a lot while raking in kills.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ya well, I just had someone pick widowmaker and not switch on nepal even when 2 of us pointed out how worthless she is on that map.
I feel Widow can be alright on capture point 2 on Nepal. Sometimes on point 3 but the sight lines are far more obstructed there. She's terrible on 1, though.

Tenks

I do feel Hanzo's "close enough" 1-shot kills are a becoming a tad annoying. Seeing in the first-person after a death of Hanzo just completely whiffing his arrow but then it bounces and kills me is a bit tiresome.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you mean scatter, you're meant to not shoot it at people. It's on a cooldown and you have to aim properly to one shot. No other arrow bounces. Only other one shot he does is with headshots, and that requires some aiming, or luck with people running into them.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Can usually get a quick kill on defend maps by launching scatter at the ground in front of the door right as the door opens. I'll use the scout arrow in advance to make sure people are at the door. Kinda cheesy but whatevs
biggrin.png

Edit: When your scorecard looks like this, you know your team was a real winner.

rrr_img_126622.jpg

Xevy

Log Wizard
Figured it out. Beta is getting in casuals for this beta session to figure out how to make the casual $$$$ when it comes out. So if you weren't in this beta, it means you just aren't casual enough. Makes me feel better this way.

Needless

Toe Sucker
More invites went out but they're in Asia
frown.png

"[BETA] A wave of accounts from our opt-in pool have been flagged for Closed Beta. This wave targeted players from our Asia gameplay region."

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I still think the switch characters thing does not work. Players just do not want to do it. It's the design quesalupa of Overwatch, sure it's anoptionbut why not go with the usual? Conversely, in a competitive environment I could see switching every death to counter the meta of the last 30 seconds.

Seriously, the build up this 'fantasy' and strong characters and then tell people to just swap them out all the time and not get attached. Just seems lazy and not well executed.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The switching characters is great. Fuck that MOBA faggotry with being stuck with shit you don't want to play. Games will always have bads, don't cater to them.

Tenks

I still think the switch characters thing does not work. Players just do not want to do it. It's the design quesalupa of Overwatch, sure it's anoptionbut why not go with the usual? Conversely, in a competitive environment I could see switching every death to counter the meta of the last 30 seconds.

Seriously, the build up this 'fantasy' and strong characters and then tell people to just swap them out all the time and not get attached. Just seems lazy and not well executed.
If you switch too much you'll never get your ultimate charged. Since ultimates usually define engagements that deters excessive swapping.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The switching characters is great. Fuck that MOBA faggotry with being stuck with shit you don't want to play. Games will always have bads, don't cater to them.
Bads are literally who Blizzard caters to.

The ultimate thing is a fair point, but honestly I don't think it's tuned well enough to matter in a shit matchup which necessitates swapping anyway. IE, some ultimates matter jack shit vs certain comps. IE, enemy swaps to 3x reinhart coming at you and your widowmaker IR vision or McCree 1-shot is up. Yay?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'll swap once or twice if we're getting heavily stomped but the ultimate thing is a huge deterrent for sure. Seems balanced

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Fear not brothers, Jeff Kaplan will save us from our new turret overlords:

"We appreciate your patience with helping us test the balance of the game. We're actively making changes to Bastion and Torbjorn right now. We will push these changes live sometime this week (hopefully).

Our goal was to make these Heroes more viable in high end play and less of a threat in low end play. We obviously failed on the latter and are going to try a few changes over the next few weeks."

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
VS that many Reins the McCree would probably just flank and kill them
Not really, it takes several seconds to actually get enough health to kill a Reinhardt with McCree's ultimate, enough time for them to turn around and shield, and then you basically can't shoot. Could shoot right away but then what, you do 100damage to every reinhardt, yay? The ultimate works fine against a single reinhardt if you're flanking because you'll be able to kill his entire team who have a lot less health than he does, but most of the time you're not killing him unless his shield is down(and then a flashbang+alt fire would do the same job pretty much).

I do think swaps are fine, but they might want to limit them to certain stuff. 2 or 3 of the same class is probably the most you should have. While going 6 of a hero can be pretty funny, I think the times where you have to swap because of 6monkey cheese rush strat outweight the times where you have fun fighting 6 symmetras or whatever. I think 3 is more than fair, 2 is restrictive but would lead to more balanced teams in general. This also affects competitive play where you have the 6 D-Va stall strats and shit which aren't particularily interesting to see imo.