Overwatch

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
A good Tracer can dominate Mercy but sucks against Lucio. I literally can't do jack shit to Lucio. Dude just has too much health and is almost as fast as I am.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think the game is objectively bad at balancing teams. I'm pretty sure you see teams vs all solo, there definitely isn't any balance in experience. Being on a team of all people with levels in the teens, vs a team full of people in level 40's is mildly amusing. Suffice to say we got stomped.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Well it's beta and the player pool is small, so there's that.
Yeah but if you're really balancing teams amongst those players the spread should be more even

Edit: I mean, I know level doesn't mean shit in the big picture, but for a game this young level is experience playing the game. That probably has a decent impact on quality of players, especially at this low level. You're talking about simple things like map knowledge, team comps and counters, etc

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I believe there's a hidden MMR, at least that's what was implied on Reddit somewhere. Even though there is no ranked play, more wins pits you against better players. That said, levels shouldn't mean much. It's like someone with 1K games played in LoL but still stuck in Bronze. Experience doesn't directly translate to skill. But I could be completely wrong and maybe their matchmaking is completely randomized or looks at levels or something else atm.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
There does appear to be a hidden MMR but in Slippery's case it was probably a 4-5 stack he went up against. With the small player pool it seems to have a hard time finding appropriate opponents if a bunch of 50+ stack together.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Well this was fun... not even that impressive of scores but 5 golds and a win, kinda rare. Best previously was 4 golds.

rrr_img_127116.jpg

Tenks

The worst is when your team is getting shit stomped and you feel like you're playing like shit too and then tab and realize you somehow have all your team's gold medals

Tenks

I've noticed that the gayer the person's handle the more likely they are to play Genji

Needless

Toe Sucker
He does a bit too much damage if you can really aim to hit all 3 shurikens. He probably needs the McCree treatment in terms of his long range damage being too good. They shouldn't nerf anything else about him though i don't think.

I played 3 games last night, the first two were some troll premade group doing 5 symmetras + bastion on defense, so we go 5 winston mercy. on the last point they switch to 3 bastions 2 reinhardts and something else, so we stack pharahs.
then they switch to 4 reapers to chain death blossom in the last 30 seconds of the match.

How is that shit even remotely acceptable by overwatch to be fun? counterpicking shitty characters to counterpick their team stack is the complete opposite of fun.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He does a bit too much damage if you can really aim to hit all 3 shurikens. He probably needs the McCree treatment in terms of his long range damage being too good. They shouldn't nerf anything else about him though i don't think.

I played 3 games last night, the first two were some troll premade group doing 5 symmetras + bastion on defense, so we go 5 winston mercy. on the last point they switch to 3 bastions 2 reinhardts and something else, so we stack pharahs.
then they switch to 4 reapers to chain death blossom in the last 30 seconds of the match.

How is that shit even remotely acceptable by overwatch to be fun? counterpicking shitty characters to counterpick their team stack is the complete opposite of fun.
Making changes to a game to counter shitty players playing shitty players is stupid. The fact that many people are switching classes shows me nobody in that match knows a fucking thing about the game. Too many people have that fucking MOBA mentality going into this game and I hope Blizz doesn't cave into this hero limit bullshit.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Ahhh yes, the opinion of somebody who hasn't touched the game commenting on gameplay mechanics lol

but honestly it's not remotely fun counter picking stacked teams with your own stack of a character that is incredibly dull like winston. Play the game, have that happen and you'll see.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It seems that by not having limits on heroes in a given match that it will have the eventual effect of making all the characters bland. There are essentially two ways you can avoid the stacked character syndrome without limits

1) Make it so that each character is more-or-less balanced against every other character and so there is much incentive to ever stack versus play your favorite person.
2) Build in synergies between different characters that make a diverse cast superior to a stacked roster dominated by the same character.

While solution 2 sounds by far the more interesting idea, in practice doing solution 1 is much more readily implemented and has precedent with the way that Blizzard balanced WoW classes. If the choice is between putting in limits on duplicate characters versus neutering any distinctiveness from the characters I'd much rather have the limits. Note that having limits might curtail the development of cool synergies simply because there is less need if you have enforced diversity versus chosen diversity.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ahhh yes, the opinion of somebody who hasn't touched the game commenting on gameplay mechanics lol

but honestly it's not remotely fun counter picking stacked teams with your own stack of a character that is incredibly dull like winston. Play the game, have that happen and you'll see.
That's the thing. You don't NEED (and shouldn't need) to STACK counters. You could have gotten through with like, 2 Winston's, more than likely. But everyone stacked because hey stacking is fun sometimes, or because people don't understand that counters aren't a 1:1 thing

Tenks

I feel like a Widowmaker or two would counter Symettra + Bastion better than a bunch of Winstons. Then when they inevitabally switch to the Reinhardt counter move to Pharahs and Zarya shielding them.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I mean, if you're playing with semi competent dudes it would be pretty simple to make a counter comp but most things are like that in hindsight. Doing that on the fly in a QM pug is pretty rough lol