Overwatch

xzi

Mouthbreather
In another week of blizzard being cucks they've now issued DMCA notices to take down all the OW related content in the steam workshop for Source Filmmaker (program to animate in). So if they actually want to go down this road I wouldn't expect any fan-made anything coming out without getting busted which is the complete opposite of how you maintain a community imo.

Saddest part is Tigole said he enjoys them and mentioned "he's not sure how the rest of blizzard feels though"

Cybsled

I've always said for years that Blizzard needs to release their own version of SFM, although given the track record for Blizzard Arcade, it would probably end up being pretty gimped.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Most likely, would be gimped, their tools for the community to use have been very weak the last few years as it is. Of course they don't HAVE to release anything, but it's just sort of odd.

I haven't messed around in SFM in about a year but I actually just downloaded some props and tracer a few days ago so RIP. They're still able to be found on various other sites, and they're never going to stop OW content being used in fan-made stuff so I'm not really sure what the real plan here is.

Cybsled

Most likely, would be gimped, their tools for the community to use have been very weak the last few years as it is. Of course they don't HAVE to release anything, but it's just sort of odd.

I haven't messed around in SFM in about a year but I actually just downloaded some props and tracer a few days ago so RIP. They're still able to be found on various other sites, and they're never going to stop OW content being used in fan-made stuff so I'm not really sure what the real plan here is.
Typical "protect the IP", although the game isn't out yet and ActivisionBlizzard is dumping a shitload of cash into marketing for the game. My guess is they are extra sensitive, because people could mistake the SFM stuff for official and brand tarnishment/reasons/etc may result in poor sales.

"Wtf game is this? Why does it look like Gary's Mod????"

DMK_sl

shitlord
Hey guys, I pre-ordered the game but I dunno if I made the cut off time. I was wondering if anyone has a spare PC key they wouldn't mind throwing my way. I'm yet to play the game and would really like to check it out. Thanks to anyone that helps a brother out!

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Just so everyone knows, the servers actually kick on May 2nd at 4 pm PDT. so... in just under 16 hours.

Also, for everyone saying they didn't get their email, everyone I know who uses Gmail said it was in their promotions tab. Also, everyone I know got the email Friday April 29th around noon. I don't know if they all went out then, but all of ours went out then.

Anyway, see you all... in about 16 hours, lol.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I pre ordered for the PS4 since more people I know play shooter type games on that platform. Anyway no sign of a Beta key and I thoroughly checked my email.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Nah they have been advertising the open beta on both Xbone and PS4 for quite some time, so there definitely is one but since I did not order through PSN (went Amazon route for Prime discount) I am not at all sure how the code is supposed to come.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Nah they have been advertising the open beta on both Xbone and PS4 for quite some time, so there definitely is one but since I did not order through PSN (went Amazon route for Prime discount) I am not at all sure how the code is supposed to come.
I think he's talking about the pre-beta open beta that starts soon. The open open beta starts like a week after? I'm not sure if there is a pre-order console head start or not I haven't looked. If there isn't then you wouldn't get a code the open beta is open to everyone regardless of order status.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone got a spare buddy key they can PM? Would love to try this but not sure about buying yet. And I'm never fast enough to get the ones in the thread :3