Overwatch

spronk

FPS noob
early access beta starts may 3d, open beta starts may 4th at 4pm PST (I wonder if thats a typo and they meant May 5th? May 4th 4pm tho would be may 5 like in europe and shit). Beta ends May 9th
Play Overwatch® FREE May 5??"9 During the Open Beta - News - Overwatch

so all you are going to get is like ~30 hours early access, not really a huge fucking deal. Open beta is open to ALL on all platforms, will not require a key or anything. I have 2 copies on preorder from diff places (amazon, best buy) and have yet to receive a pre order key but honestly who cares, I just wanna see if I enjoy the game or not and I can that tell in 2-3 hours. Unless you DON'T plan on buying the game and wanna get in all your gametime during beta, I guess?

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
early access beta starts may 3d, open beta starts may 4th at 4pm PST (I wonder if thats a typo and they meant May 5th? May 4th 4pm tho would be may 5 like in europe and shit). Beta ends May 9th
Play Overwatch® FREE May 5??"9 During the Open Beta - News - Overwatch

so all you are going to get is like ~30 hours early access, not really a huge fucking deal. Open beta is open to ALL on all platforms, will not require a key or anything. I have 2 copies on preorder from diff places (amazon, best buy) and have yet to receive a pre order key but honestly who cares, I just wanna see if I enjoy the game or not and I can that tell in 2-3 hours. Unless you DON'T plan on buying the game and wanna get in all your gametime during beta, I guess?
Eh, have more time the next couple of days then I'll have towards the end of the week. But I'm pretty sure it's a buy either way. Haven't really been disappointed with a Blizzard game yet and I've always enjoyed TF2.

Cybsled

Ya, they are shutting things down again after the open beta closes. All you get is some bonus days.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
For those concerned about their beta keys, I pre-ordered on 4/29 and got my key just now (5/2 9:20 PDT).

khorum

Murder Apologist
They just patched a few mins ago and there's a cinematic ingame now. Dunno if it's new or not tho... it's Winston rehearsing his call to former overwatch bros.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
New NVidia drivers cite OW beta. Doubt its required but since you have 45m before the start may be nice to grab it and install.