Overwatch

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Beauty with this game is that there are plenty of heroes for slow reflex people.

I also suffer from slow reflexes. You won't see me playing Genji, Tracer, Widow in particular.

Supports/Tanks are well suited for slow reflexes.

Another point is that this game relies more on teamwork, coordination, and timing than on fast reflexes. Knowing when to use your ultimate can be game changing.

Heroes like S:76, Reaper, Mei, and Hanzo require mediocre reflexes to excel, but still not too burdensome.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup even our friend that we constantly rib on for his poor play got a play of the game last night when he killed 5 of the enemy team with s:76's auto aim ult.

Not that I can talk really, I got my reaper potg when I ultied and killed 5 of them. Many ults are very mindless.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Winston needs more damage from that lightning thing. It seems like Symmetra's gun does more damage. Why on earth would that be?! It has an alt fire, too!

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Symmetra's needs to charge up and she has 0 mobility so really you dun goofed if you put yourself into a position where Symmetra is beaming you for a long period of time.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Symettra won't really solo too many people but she's a nightmare in chaos. Her charged up weapon does an absolute fuckton of DPS when it gets rolling.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Are there plans to release any more game modes? It's my main complaint about the game presently.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Winston needs more damage from that lightning thing. It seems like Symmetra's gun does more damage. Why on earth would that be?! It has an alt fire, too!
Absolutely not. It has an aoe effect and he takes forever to kill, unlike Symmetra.

spronk

FPS noob
i can still play on PC, probably will until uncharted 4 gets here

nm: just saw the post above, servers go down in an hour
frown.png

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Absolutely not. It has an aoe effect and he takes forever to kill, unlike Symmetra.
Yeah so you can get places fast, die slowly, and not kill anyone. I guess he's not my kind of character. It would be interesting if he could lock people down, at least.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Winston does a few things, mostly he hunts down stupid snipers by leaping on them then chasing them with the pseudo autoaim aoe lightning gun which means they'll die guaranteed unless they run into their healers(and even then), or jump on a contested messy point, drop the shield, and lightning a bunch of people more or less randomly, which does ok damage over time. Then you ult and get fuckers off the point.

If you want good damage, he's definitely not the right pick. But good damage isn't necessarily needed if you catch squishies 1vs1 due to his strong movement abilities, and the damage is actually decent when fighting on capture points due to hitting 2-3 people at the same time.

Symetra gun does stupid damage when charged. It has like 3/4 of the range and is single target however, plus Symettra has like half the health of Winston and no bubble, so you can't really chase people as easily. Comparing their damage isn't particularily relevant, they do different things.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah so you can get places fast, die slowly, and not kill anyone. I guess he's not my kind of character. It would be interesting if he could lock people down, at least.
He is great at locking down many dps characters. He is the best anti-widow character in the game. If you are just dpsing other tanks as Winston, you are doing it wrong. He is basically the harass tank.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Winston also makes Mercy a nightmare to play. I generally just switch to Lucio if they're running a Winston.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Can someone link a video of what is considered good Winston play? Does he work in organized play?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Winston does a few things, mostly he hunts down stupid snipers by leaping on them then chasing them with the pseudo autoaim aoe lightning gun which means they'll die guaranteed unless they run into their healers(and even then), or jump on a contested messy point, drop the shield, and lightning a bunch of people more or less randomly, which does ok damage over time. Then you ult and get fuckers off the point.

If you want good damage, he's definitely not the right pick. But good damage isn't necessarily needed if you catch squishies 1vs1 due to his strong movement abilities, and the damage is actually decent when fighting on capture points due to hitting 2-3 people at the same time.

Symetra gun does stupid damage when charged. It has like 3/4 of the range and is single target however, plus Symettra has like half the health of Winston and no bubble, so you can't really chase people as easily. Comparing their damage isn't particularily relevant, they do different things.
Less than half I believe. Winston has 500 hp? Symmetra has 150 hp and 50 shield.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
With Symmetra I build a kill room and lure people back. I don't see it working against experienced players, but in the meantime you can role play a serial killer on pubs.