Overwatch

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't feel like widow is OP. Maybe it's because I played so much counter strike, but the AWP is much more powerful than her. You can even quick change weapons in CS and it's insanely fast to aim again..

Her body shots only one-hit kill zenyatta and someone else I can't remember. If you're constantly getting tagged by a widow then your team's sniper isn't doing their job.

I play a lot of widow but I'm not very good, so I'm not championing her just because of that.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Also LOL at people complaining about D.Va's ult when there are plenty out there WAY more damaging and tough to avoid (the tire).
Uhh, you fucking shoot it?

Also Ive come across some DVA players that destroyed with her. She is one of those high skill type heroes. Anyone can lay her but only a few unleash her brutality.

And yes that range on her suit exploding is way too fucking much.

And a counter to Widow is play another fucking Widow. Every time I see one picking us off, I change over to her and start picking her off. Once a player is worried that they are going to get picked every time they peak, the game changes. There are some good widows that use good hiding spots and shit, but most just suck.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
What bugs me most with widow is how quickly she can fire. Everytime i see death recap it's so silly seeing 3-5 rapid shots. Obviously these are bad widows that can't get headshots. It's no skill. A sniper should need to have precision. Imo snipes need longer recoil/cooldown so it's necessary that every shot matters. Could also make non-full power shots do significantly less damage.
Yeah agreed. And no Baracco, lowering her clip size/increasing how often she needed to reload would not help unless it was literally like 3 shots and then reload. Her rate of fire needs to be reduced. She can shoot way too fast and too often/charge too quickly. That's the main problem imo. Her SMG being good is I guess somewhat of a problem, but not too much imo. I don't want her mobility nerfed to the ground, but perhaps make it way more difficult to scope/snipe while in the air? I mean i know this is fantasy and all, but grappling to a building and then scoping in on someone and sniping them while in the air is a wee bit retarded.

I don't know why you guys are complaining about Dva's ult. It's soooo easy to avoid. Even now that people are launching it into the air. You can stand behind a pillar or even a Mei ice blocked and not be touched. There's plenty of geometry that allows you to avoid it. It also charges pretty slowly. I had a game yesterday where a D.va launched her suit up on Ilios and it was perfectly in the center of the point and it exploded one inch into the well and did 0 damage to everyone because it was 1 inch into the well lol.

Junkrat's tire is extremely loud and you can hear where it's coming from. It also takes a while to wind up. It dies super quickly (100hp) and is useless if there is a turret around. It also most likely won't kill you if you are a payload length away from it. I end up having to detonate it early quite a bit of the time just so I can do some damage with it rather than it being killed outright. On some maps it's really good because you can surprise people before they can shoot it and yeah you can get triples. And there's certain situations where you are in a huge team fight and can yolo and start the tire right in front of everyone (did that yesterday on hanamura on point and won us the game) and I just blew it up right in front of me the moment it let me and killed everyone. That was funny. But people had plenty of time to change targets and kill me instead of allies.

A good junkrat you won't see the tire until its on top of you though.
On certain maps, yes. But you can say the exact same thing about good players. They will hear it and shoot it out of the sky. You can be a meter above a group and start the tire and let it drop ontop of them and a good player/team will have killed it before it hits them. Also, Junkrat counters Junkrat pretty well.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
A good junkrat you won't see the tire until its on top of you though.
Yeah that's what I mean.

Sure you can shoot the tire, and I always try to, but sometimes it comes out of fuckin' nowhere.

When you play against a good junkrat he can really dominate a map. That was just one example though.

Edit: For widow they could make the scope accuracy lower a bunch when you're moving. The guys who do her grapple->launch and are killing people while they're airborne are a bit ridiculous.

Add me if anyone wants to team up. I've played with some of you
before from Battlefield 4 (when it launched).

Battletag: Panic #12153

I've been focusing on Widow, Mei, McCree, and Symmetra.

I'm on everyday, usually from 6PM CST to midnight.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Is there any game where people actually like snipers? Stealth classes and snipers always piss people off.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
As far as I'm concerned, D.Va is just a ult charger for the other team that doesn't do much else. She can take out stationary targets in the backline, but I'm not sure it's the most efficient use of a tank to have them doing that. Ult is easy to dodge and doesn't stack well with others (outside of the previously mentioned black hole).

Matches end up being won by building and timing coordinated ults. I love seeing a D.Va or Winston on the other team for that reason alone.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Also. D.va isn't completely vulnerabe while using her ult. Junkrat is. As I have been playing higher level people and in premades more and more and with higher winrates, I am finding my camera panning in on a dead Junkrat more and more after using my tire. Junkrat's ult is the only one that leaves him completely vulnerable, even Pharah can at least see who is around.. So of course it should be special. If any Junkrat nerf is deserved (which I don't think it is at the moment) I would say just make his ult charge a tad slower.

Man it is really funny how little people respect Symmetra in close quarters. I finally got my 20 kill streak yesterday and it was on Symmetra of all people. Only like 5 of those were turret kills, the rest were me just melting people with my fully charged gun on defense point A on King's Row. I had a good Mercy healing me and I was just jumping around and circle strafing like crazy melting people. I love how generous her fully charged weapon is with staying that way in between targets/reloading. It takes a good 3 seconds for it to depower. Once you have it at full power you can melt an entire team while they focus on others and it's LOL. I get so much pleasure from soloing people with SYmmetra as well because they don't respeect her in CQC. Oh you've found my teleportal? I'm just going to kill you now, thanks.

Hatar

Trakanon Raider
On a side note, I think my Intellimouse Explorer 2 is dying
frown.png
Been using it for the past 15 years because it was a great mouse for FPS games (low sensitivity mouse, so no seizure mode when you try to get headshots). Any suggestions on something that is very similar to it?
I use a Logitech G500 mouse and I like it. It has software to set multiple DPI settings to change on the fly in-game. I'll slow it down or speed it up depending on the game situation (sniper, tank, etc).

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Kind of like Genji/76 you don't want to initiate with your ult. Wait for the other team to be distracted and then ult. Pharah is too easy to pick out of the sky if the opponents have nothing better to do than shoot you.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I fail so much at my ult on Pharah.

Justice rai....UGH

*dead*
Yeah I can't do SHIT with her ult. I feel like even when I am above 3 targets and I get the full ult off I do like no damage. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it's awful lol. And then I see other Pharah's killing entire teams. Need to play her more to get the hang of it. I still suck at her rocket jump too. I mostly end up just sending myself into a wall or corner.

Also re: Widow. They should consider making her ult give a global audio cue. It's the only one that doesn't. It'd help to know if the enemy team has wallhack on atm. As it is you just have to assume that they always know where you are if they have a Widow.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yeah I can't do SHIT with her ult. I feel like even when I am above 3 targets and I get the full ult off I do like no damage. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it's awful lol. And then I see other Pharah's killing entire teams. Need to play her more to get the hang of it. I still suck at her rocket jump too. I mostly end up just sending myself into a wall or corner.

Also re: Widow. They should consider making her ult give a global audio cue. It's the only one that doesn't. It'd help to know if the enemy team has wallhack on atm. As it is you just have to assume that they always know where you are if they have a Widow.
You have to point the rockets at the people.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lately I've felt that if, as a Pharah, you are the only one ult'ing, then you're doing it wrong. If they have no sniper then maybe you can get away with it, but you really have to coordinate it or else it is a waste.

Also, I don't think I've been killed by a D.Va ult since beta. Good for boxing out a control point or something, but otherwise it's mostly useless, imo

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
My ping was really bad last night, fluttering between 150 and 400, so I played a bunch of Symmetra so I could at least put some lady turrets down. These weren't defenses but like attack and hold or move the cargo type stuff where you'd ordinarily not see one. It turned out to be really successful. Teleporter right in the capture point, lady turrets scattered everywhere, and face melting when they got close. Worked well even being thrown about by server side correction.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's ok I didn't really play Genji much and just the other day I realized you had to point your crosshairs at someone when you deflect

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
My ping was really bad last night, fluttering between 150 and 400, so I played a bunch of Symmetra so I could at least put some lady turrets down. These weren't defenses but like attack and hold or move the cargo type stuff where you'd ordinarily not see one. It turned out to be really successful. Teleporter right in the capture point, lady turrets scattered everywhere, and face melting when they got close. Worked well even being thrown about by server side correction.
My favorite strat with Symm turrets is to put them on the ground on Cap points. Especially Volskaya point A. Doesn't work well if you're getting pushed hard since all the random attacks will destroy them, but when you're team is holding well the spaced out turrets really annoy the flankers. (Tracer/Genji/Reaper/D'Va).

The ground makes the turrets hard to see at first and if spaced out well enough, 1 spread attack can't knock out multiples too easily.

Volskaya point B isn't as well suited since it's vulnerable to so much long range attacks, but you can still put some behind the center pillar thing since it rises above the ground a bit