Overwatch

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Also re the "Junkrat dies during tire" thing. A smart habit to get into with Junkrat is to lay a mine at your feet and then Rip-Tire. That way if you're being assaulted right when you exit tire-mode you can just fly away. Probably the best habit to get into is to not tire where your flanks are easily exposed.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
This is kind of an odd question but does Pharah take more bullet damage than other characters? On offense i play S76 more than anyone and it always feels to me like I can gun down Pharah easier than any class. I know S76 is a counter for her. Is it just because even though shes in the air she isn't moving fast so I'm connecting with a lot of shots or is there something else to it?

Tenks

She doesn't but the reason you probably feel that way is you miss fewer shots on her since she can't juke in the air. She's a slower target so she gets hit easier. Like how Roadhog doesn't "take more damage" but his hitbox is so massive its hard not to shoot him with everything you throw at him.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This game needs more mas and more modes. I havent even played it that much, maybe 20-30 hrs? And its already getting old. Yeah its fun and well made, but after a while it kind of loses its lustre.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Also re the "Junkrat dies during tire" thing. A smart habit to get into with Junkrat is to lay a mine at your feet and then Rip-Tire. That way if you're being assaulted right when you exit tire-mode you can just fly away. Probably the best habit to get into is to not tire where your flanks are easily exposed.
Meh. I only want to tire if I'm going to take out multiple enemies and sometimes that puts you in a vulnerable position. Obviously it's ideal to survive but if their tracer finds and kill me while I in turn eliminate 3+ of them I'll take it as a win. Anyway, I don't disagree with what you're saying here, especially with putting your mine/trap around you just in case, but really priority #1 should be your path to the enemy group being quick and approaching from an angle not obvious.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Widow's problems show the most at high-level play, where basically 2 players (the widow on each team) are dictating the outcome of the match that's supposed to be 6v6. Rarely do you see snipers that good in our skill levels but even so, frequently the best answer to a decent sniper is to out-snipe them. The counter to a character being "play the same character, only better" means that character is not in a healthy spot.

Also wtf at complaining about D.Va ult. I think I died to it once or twice on my first day and never since. It's stupidly easy to dodge, 3 characters can hard counter it without ults and like 3 more with ults. It's a zoning ultimate just like high noon, it's to make people leave an area, which it does pretty well. It rarely gets any kills.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
and some times it is worth tiring even when you know you are going to die. I have done a few point blank tires where I figured if I could get it off at all I was going to kill 3-4 people and it can work in emergencies.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Widow's problems show the most at high-level play, where basically 2 players (the widow on each team) are dictating the outcome of the match that's supposed to be 6v6. Rarely do you see snipers that good in our skill levels but even so, frequently the best answer to a decent sniper is to out-snipe them. The counter to a character being "play the same character, only better" means that character is not in a healthy spot.

Also wtf at complaining about D.Va ult. I think I died to it once or twice on my first day and never since. It's stupidly easy to dodge, 3 characters can hard counter it without ults and like 3 more with ults. It's a zoning ultimate just like high noon, it's to make people leave an area, which it does pretty well. It rarely gets any kills.
Yup once you realize all you have to do is step slightly out of its line of sight to avoid all damage it is pretty easy to ignore. Which is why you see people trying the jump dunk shot of dashing then ulting to fling it in the air above you its harder to notice where it is going and easier for it to get lines of sight but still it is more of a force people off a cap point and disrupt them than actually expecting to get any kills type ult.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know what it is about that Tire but I gain all the powers of an aimbot when one gets near my screen. I can hit those like nothing else. I can even shoot them down with S76 rockets or Honzo which is saying something.

Tenks

I don't know what it is about that Tire but I gain all the powers of an aimbot when one gets near my screen. I can hit those like nothing else. I can even shoot them down with S76 rockets or Honzo which is saying something.
Generally because people move predictably with the tire. You really should be flinging your mouse around like a crazy man when there are enemies in LOS of the tire instead of just driving it straight.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Generally because people move predictably with the tire. You really should be flinging your mouse around like a crazy man when there are enemies in LOS of the tire instead of just driving it straight.
I've turned tire jukes and tire routes into an artform. There are so many cool things you can do with the tire once you get used to it. There are some walls you might think you can't climb, but you actually can if you approach it at the right angle. Tire is like a mini platforming game, I love it. I have a lot of fun trying to create new interesting tire routes. But yeah, jump around and look left/right over and over and it'll be much harder to hit. Good players will still get it, but you'll land more hits. And obviously the best tire is one that comes from the sky.

Lol Seagull's stream is titlted "Hello friends... and Widowmaker players" atm. That's all that needs to be said.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
So is there any rerolled bros that play together that are terrible at this game. I don't want to solo q all the time but I'm fucking terrible and wanna experiment with different classes so I don't want to play with some of you try hards(not that that's a bad thing). Sorry if this is a repost but the thread is moving too fast for me to keep up with.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I don't feel like widow is OP. Maybe it's because I played so much counter strike, but the AWP is much more powerful than her. You can even quick change weapons in CS and it's insanely fast to aim again..
Quick switching in CSGO stopped reducing the cycling of the bolt a while ago

Pretty much, watched some of the tournaments with widow and that shit is insane.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Widow is pretty much everything you could dream of packing into a sniper to make it OP in one package. Built in wall hack/fast scope/high damage/ninja escape ability and solid machine gun that does not require any weapon switching just descope and gat some tracers.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Quick switching in CSGO stopped reducing the cycling of the bolt a while ago

Pretty much, watched some of the tournaments with widow and that shit is insane.
Sorry man I played CS since the original beta, I just recently purchased CS:GO. I'm not up to date on that fake versions changes.

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
Played with RR dudes yesterday (dethbreth) played solo today - so painful. At least in the rare instances we do lose at least we put up a fight.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I don't think Widowmaker needs a nerf, she was already nerfed enough by making her not 1 shot anybody but a tank with mercy's buff on her lol

That shit was genuinely retarded

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I highly recommend this site if you are interested in the comp scene.
http://www.planetoverwatch.org/

http://www.planetoverwatch.org/13-ov...-limit-and-you

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I realized one of the big reasons I enjoy playing with others (just random friends I've made in game, people that are impressed with me and invite me/vice versa) way more than pugs isn't so much that we are coordinated and do better, although that's definitely a part of it. But it's more that the attitude is different. People don't get nearly as salty and there are a lot of good manners and gg's and joking around and just overall a better atmosphere and comraderie between the two teams with premades. I wanted to get better before playing premades, but just naturally acquired quite a few friends and have been playing them this week and yeah, like everyone else has said, it's so much better. But for me that's mainly because the attitudes are better, and that makes my attitude better. I can end up getting salty and raging in a toxic atmosphere, but when it's friendly and jovial, I don't mind losing/dying in bullshit ways.

Mercy is definitely clench in premades. You really gotta strategize your team's res vs. the enemy team's res. I agree with her being at the top. God is she frustrating though. So why are 2 control point maps considered bad for competitive matches? I know Hollywood is like considered the most balanced competitive match to play on.