Overwatch

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I can't figure out why I cant use voice chat. I talk in a friends TS all the time, made sure my key binds were fine but it won't work in game for some reason.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Volto#1506. Someone please add me/invite me to some games. So tired of playing in pugs with people who don't understand objectives or basic team composition. I'm not the best at the game, but I play to the objective and I'm open to play any character if it'll result in a win.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Holy fucking shit. I'm not some kind of FPS god or anything, but just now my team of morons all ranked 35+ had four widowmakers on it. It wasn't even a joke - they were all bitching about not being able to cap.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't figure out why I cant use voice chat. I talk in a friends TS all the time, made sure my key binds were fine but it won't work in game for some reason.
Make sure you're joining the right voice channels when you're in game. You can do it from the social menu I think.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
USB headset? I have a friend that has one and voice chat in game does not work. Common issue i guess

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
USB headset? I have a friend that has one and voice chat in game does not work. Common issue i guess
Yeah it's USB...people still use headset/mics that aren't?
confused.png

Well dang, that's lame.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Thing to realize with Competitive, and even QP but QP doesn't matter.... is there are essentially 2 queues combined. Team and Solo. Same shit that's going on with League of Legends and everyone hates it.

Solo Q is a way to measure your individual skill/progression as you are the only constant and it's up to you to carry the games.
Team play is coordinated.

When playing Solo you will get stuck in shit groups and games can be unwinnable.
You will also be against shit teams.

As a team you're only as good as your weakest player. You'll face more coordinated teams. Will be tougher to progress for good players, but easier for players that get "carried".

With what they've said about the new competitive, you'll be able to lose ranks. This doesn't bode well for an RR group. We're not going to have the level of play as a 6 stack to win against other 6 stacks at a certain point, but as Solos we'll be able to progress higher most likely.

Some people might play 2 accounts. Seagull stated on stream he's going to have a "solo" account and "team" account.
It's a viable option but costs time/money.

Beyond all that, I'm not in a RL situation to be dedicated to voice chat, and there are times I need to take random/quick AFKs. I would love to do competitive team play but it'll probably frustrate me more than not since I just can't commit to working on coordination and team play.

Last night as a 6 stack we only had a 35% win rate. Kinda shit, and it's just QP still. With practice we could raise it for sure. Just doesn't seem viable for me atm.

I think the sweet spot will be going duo or trio tbh.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ive got usb headset, wish i could transfer the voices to my headset and the game sounds stay on my speakers. you'd think blizzard could have put that in under options

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Make sure you have the correct sound devices picked in the audio menu. Also make sure you are actually joining the channels when playing. Should be in blue text.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Thing to realize with Competitive, and even QP but QP doesn't matter.... is there are essentially 2 queues combined. Team and Solo. Same shit that's going on with League of Legends and everyone hates it.

Solo Q is a way to measure your individual skill/progression as you are the only constant and it's up to you to carry the games.
Team play is coordinated.

When playing Solo you will get stuck in shit groups and games can be unwinnable.
You will also be against shit teams.

As a team you're only as good as your weakest player. You'll face more coordinated teams. Will be tougher to progress for good players, but easier for players that get "carried".

With what they've said about the new competitive, you'll be able to lose ranks. This doesn't bode well for an RR group. We're not going to have the level of play as a 6 stack to win against other 6 stacks at a certain point, but as Solos we'll be able to progress higher most likely.

Some people might play 2 accounts. Seagull stated on stream he's going to have a "solo" account and "team" account.
It's a viable option but costs time/money.

Beyond all that, I'm not in a RL situation to be dedicated to voice chat, and there are times I need to take random/quick AFKs. I would love to do competitive team play but it'll probably frustrate me more than not since I just can't commit to working on coordination and team play.

Last night as a 6 stack we only had a 35% win rate. Kinda shit, and it's just QP still. With practice we could raise it for sure. Just doesn't seem viable for me atm.

I think the sweet spot will be going duo or trio tbh.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but I don't think the goal is to compete at the highest level, against Cloud9 and other pro team, but to be able to have fun reaching whatever rank we can as a group. How well we can do, and how much fun we can have will be highly dependent on what the competitive scene will be like. If let's say Hearthstone is something to go by, competitive will be like ranked play where both casual and pro-teams compete...and there might be a place for us to have fun in, even though we will most likely never achieve really high ranking.

The idea is too see if we can have fun in competitive, if that doesn't happen...there will always be quick play, which might end up being more fun since most hardcore player will be in the competitive mode.