Overwatch

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I went 5-5 with 46 Rating all solo, was never in a team with premades, about 4 or 5 of my games were against premades, mostly 2-3, and 1 of 5...which strangely we won being 6 solo.
smile.png

Competitive has at least one thing over quick play, matches are longer...don't feel like I'm waiting half the time. Spend way more time actually playing.

Oh and patch seems to have fucked up my frame rate again, like one of the earlier patch did...I'm usually around 90+ fps, dip around 70fps when lots of stuff happening. Tonight I was at around 90 also, but would once in a while dip to 5-20 for a few secs...and it didn't have to be busy on the screen.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I think the last time people had framerate problems, the patch reset people's settings to default. So if you were on low you might need to set it back to low.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Finished placements, got ranked 63 for now. Lost a game because some autist wouldn't switch off Mei and the 2nd one we just barely lost by like 3 seconds.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
You must have really lucked out with your team. I lost 6 in a row that were turret/bastion cheesefests, then the last 4 were all close slugfests. Won 3 of those. One game I survived 99% and had 28 kills and we still lost, was probably close to that porcupine achievement.

Rank 45

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
So I didn't read the notes going into competitive beyond the very basics, but sudden death feels real bad.

The salt in the wound is that you can get overtime in sudden death also. Sudden death and overtime are literally antonyms of each other. What the fuck man.

I gotta say, it's at least better for communication amongst teammates - they still have issues with being on objectives, but most people want to win. The only other crazy thing are the people that think super diverse teams are the way to win. Stack you sons of bitches.

Not that you can't win without stacking, but yelling at people because they are stacking is kind of dumb.

Overtime is awesome, especially when it last forever between two teams. Plus overtime usually means it was a good game between the two sides, instead of being 1 sided. Just shows people will whine about anything, with attention spans of a 5 year old.
Are you fucking high?

If you really think Overtime amounts of any sort of skill *most* of the time, you are wackier than the wacky waving inflatable tube man.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was really hoping for no stacking for ranked play, while still being able to do quickplay if you want to mess around with 3 torbs, 2 bastions and a rein or full on stacks.

Played 7 so far, 5:2 as solo. Couple games thought going to lose from rein + turret(either torbs or basiton) setup on only choke, but team was patient and took down shield then turret and the enemy team usually collapses after that. Two losses so far, one was just a good game, other had a rein who played like he was a genji and a hanzo that couldn't hit a rein shield if he had too, so was essentially 4v6.

Players seem much more focused and winning, though you still get the occasionally idiot(especially weebos that won't get off a genji/hanzo they suck at).

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I am not doing well either. 7 matches so far one win. 90%+ are complete blowouts. I feel like my teammates in competitive are worse than in quick play. The amount of people in competitive with no mic is also mind boggling. The one match I won everyone was mic'd up.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a quick way to mute other players? My in-game VOIP lasted about a hour on launch day and then just had to turn it off because of idiots. I know you can right click their name in chat and mute, but that doesn't help if the person never chats.

Cybsled

FFS, comp is full of such salty shitlords.

"U noob, u no shield healers and arent up front"

Well ya, I shield the people getting MURDERED, aka the people bitching. Then I land a 4 person blackhole and they're all derping around chasing a Lucio even though they are 2 feet from the Mercy, Phara, Widow, and Roadhog that are caught and not DPSing them.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is there a quick way to mute other players? My in-game VOIP lasted about a hour on launch day and then just had to turn it off because of idiots. I know you can right click their name in chat and mute, but that doesn't help if the person never chats.
Hit P and then select their speaker.

spronk

FPS noob
I don't understand the point of competitive play, solo q. The two seem literally incompatible. Why wouldn't you make pre-made teams and queue that way? I guess you are just hoping to get matched with other people around your skill level, but that seems wildly unrealistic

for all of Destiny's many, many, many faults they did at least force ToO to be group q only

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
7-3 and 48 rating.. bleh. The first few games were most challenging, started 1-3. After that I could tell my MMR tanked hard because rest were pretty easy, won 6 straight to finish. Had to carry most games. Gold elims/damage. Never faced another level 100+ player after those first few games, people were pretty bad overall. Faced some of the Torb/Rein cheese, but still won.

Definitely enjoy competitive a lot more than QP. The games are longer, more suspense, etc. Had some absolute stomps and got stomped once.

Stats after 1st 10:

rrr_img_136322.jpg

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm, went 7-3 and got 54. Curious why the difference, if everyone is still going through placement.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Did my placements, ended up with with 8 out of 10 wins, rank 56. I must have got placed on the other side of some of these stomps some of you guys are talking about. In almost every game my team was fantastic even on the loses, people using voice comms, picking good comps, adapting, call outs, etc. Sounds like I might have been lucky but I'm hoping there is a consistent jump in the the long run in terms of coordination over quick play.

Even had one game where we were down 2-0 in a KOTH, seemed like a total stomp but we changed up our strat and came back to win 2-3.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Your performance maybe? I have my whole doubts to that supposed feature already though. I lost two games post promos tonight. One I did very poorly and went back the exact same as the one I got 4 golds in.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I turned on voice prior to starting and didn't hear teammates once. Did cause some concern as people seemed to ignore flanks/high ground a lot and just tunnel vision forward, which is a nightmare if playing mercy.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Can't solo queue ranked. It's like playing with a bunch of blind one legged retards. Hit me up when you guys get a few team games together.