Overwatch

Needless

Toe Sucker
i made the mistake of playing with friends... got placed at 43.

3 gold medals almost every game but i still get a shitty rank? Kaplan pls

Needless

Toe Sucker
Did cucklan say what rank you need to get a dumb golden gun? i need me a golden revolver and a golden genji sword stat

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
2/1 so far in ranked, with the games being pretty good besides.....

The one loss was in a game where 4/5 of my teammates never changed their characters across 5 rounds (2 zayra who somehow never seemed to shield anyone)....so me and the other guy who did switch it up, carried the two games we won on nepal Sanctum.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
5-5 with what I thought was half decent performance ended up 44. I know the initial score is heavily based on win percentage I'm curious what else factors in and how much weight because I generally thought I played pretty well.

Sad thing is I was doing the best in a stretch queued with just one other person (who is a really good Reinhart and also in general a good leader over voice coms). A couple of the 10 matches were 6 team queues and we were just getting stomped by much more coordinated teams.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Fuck this game I quit. Comp is horse shit as solo queue.
Are you out of placements?
MMR seems pretty evenly matched up right now, I imagine it will be far better tomorrow/in a few days. Played quite a few solo games after placements and everyone has mostly been pretty equally as skilled. It's 100000% better than quick play solo queue that's for sure

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Played placements with a friend we got trashed hard 3-7 got 3 golds on like 6 of the match's not that it means much ended up rank 39 now it's just a one sided shit stomp on all the superbads. So I guess thats fun. I guess they need to balance it more.

Hedeon

Molten Core Raider
Went 9/1 got a ranking of 58, sad times! Should have been 10 for 10 but we had some guy trolling with Torbj?rn on some KoTH maps and we couldn't carry his dead weight.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Golden guns were 300 points to buy and it looks like you get 1 point per win, so need to win 300 matches each weapon. Winning more = faster purchases!

If the formula is anything like LoL, the first match(es) are much more heavily weighted than the latter matches. Placements is a method to get you where you belong aggressively. So the very first placement match is worth more than the 2nd which is more than the 3rd, etc...

Since I started 0-2 I probably lost more rating than what I gained during my last few wins (matches 7/8/9/10). If you start out with a few wins but lose later, it won't be as punishing.

So 3 of us so far claimed to have a 7-3 record.

Mine: L-L-W-L-W-W-W-W-W-W : Result 48
Cinge: ?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-? : Result 54
Valorath ?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-L-L : Result 50

Another factor is I'm fairly sure they take into account your QP MMR when matching 1st placement match. LoL does same thing, and it explains why the pros end up in the 70s after placements, even when not going 10-0.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
First 3 ranked were losses. The other teams had some insane levels of coordination comparatively, do they place groups vs solos? I played very well so far at least. Much more in tents than regular games.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
You'll see if you're against premades, it shows you who is grouped on the intro screen. So far I've played no premades. All 10 matches everyone is solo.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I definitely saw the gain/loss weighting at work helping my mercy friend through her matches. She ended up 56 I think, and I went up from 45 to 47. One of the matches we won I gained about a point and a half. I remember losing one where I lost about 1 point, but 3 or 4 where I appeared to lose only about a tenth of a point.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I believe they did say individual performance effects your MMR as well. So if you were the all-star on a game that lost there is a chance you may actually gain MMR in that scenario. But if you were the inept retard on a team carrying you then you probably wouldn't gain much MMR in that scenario.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Are you out of placements?
MMR seems pretty evenly matched up right now, I imagine it will be far better tomorrow/in a few days. Played quite a few solo games after placements and everyone has mostly been pretty equally as skilled. It's 100000% better than quick play solo queue that's for sure
Im out now, 44.

What really pissed me off was I was solo queueing and getting put into matches against 6 player teams (since you can see who is teamed)

That was annoying in qp but it's fucking retarded when I'm doing solo comp play. So my rating goes down because I get curb stomped in 2 minutes by some try hard team.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Kaplan posted about golden guns and point accumulation. He said that the rewards are more geared as rewards at the end of the season, not really to be grinded out during it. Players will earn a chunk of points at the end of the season, based on your final ranking.