Overwatch

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I get champ stacking is this core concept, but there's a reason that mobas don't allow it - CDs/charge time on ults are the main way to balance against specific abilities, and x2 of them allows you to get around that. Some champs have such good kits/abilities, that you generally always have to take them anyways; if you could take two, you would, because you often build around that champ/that ability already. Having a second one is a foregone conclusion. (Admittedly it would be even more punishing in MOBAs where some champs can fit into more than one role.)

OW is still new, but games like League suffer quite a lot from the metas trickling down. On top of that, a small comment on why they won't remove stacking was because they don't want people telling you what to play, or requiring you to fill a meta. But that happens *already*. I took a Lucio in one match and a second later, someone took Mercy, then said to me, "We don't need two healers". Ok, great. Cool, you change. Mercy + Lucio is a great combo to begin with; I don't see why you'd ever be pissy about that, but it's just so ridiculous.

The other thing that strikes me is how sort of nuts they were about saying, THESE ARE NOT CHAMPS, THEY ARE UNIQUE HEROES...then you have multiples of them in matches. Like, dubya tee eff.

I wish there was an opt-in mode for more structuring in these matches.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
FYI how is the underdog supposed to work? My team was underdog by two levels and I still almost lost a full level when we lost. That seems like a ridiculous amount.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Well.... I mean..
Overwatch on Twitter:

It's really not that bad, generally running over 2+ of any given champion is just too much unless a last ditch effort and even then, its not even that great. Twinstons/Tworacer/Dubicos strat, I can't tell you how many times I have shit on this comp in competitive already. Get a Reinhardt, and a Reaper, and they basically lose. Tracer cannot deal w/ Rein swinging his axe, winston can't deal w/ the output of Reaper. Even a junkrat would be good, I've laid waste to double tracers w/ him regularly.

It can get cheesy in say QP or Comp, but I have on numerous occasions yelled at both my IGL and teammates to shut the fuck up and listen to me, and draft against the stack. It can definitely cause disarray, but think faster and generally the cheese won't work. Problem is too many people want to stay with their picks, and not try to think of what they could actually do with others. I couldn't tell you how many times one of my friends has said "OMG x ISNT WORKING" and stays on x, and tries to make it work.

I do agree, champions need some QoL buffs.. heres to hoping they take the DoTA route and spend more time buffing than nerfing.
Thats why i say this game is about who you need to play, not what you want to play. At least in competitive. In QP. play who the fuck you want to try to get better.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Nerfing genji is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. 95% of the genji players just flop around like a soquid turd
No doubt, I could careless nerfed or buffed but seeing how he has been the only character I have seen in this game do the most solo work. I've never once have had an issue w/ a 76, Pharah, or any other champion feel that they're the sole carry of the game. I've run into solid players on other champions, most definitely, but good Genji's take the plate on prowess. On multiple occasions I have seen Genji's decimate entire teams single handily with little struggle. His mobility is absurd in comparison, so many people potato when aiming at him. If you really want to climb rank solo queue, I promise you, Genji is your man.

He might not get nerfed, because his competitive play is abysmal too and/or buffing those around him might make things better. Tons of solutions, but I just wouldn't be surprised if he got one. I honestly have no idea what they could/would nerf, I don't play the guy, and am very potato with him. I've just seen tons of Genji's do some of the most insane cleanups 4+ people on a regular w/o assistance. If anything, maybe nerf dash reset? rofl

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
genji is hard to play. I cant play him for shit, but a good one is such a pain in the fucking ass! lol

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
^-- And thus my sadness that every game is plagued with weaboo MF'rs. (slow typer, I meant the post about it's about who you should play not what you want)

Though for my own learning, now that I see him more, and more good with him. What's considered some of the best winston killers other than a bastion at a safe distance? So far almost seems like junk rat mulches him fastest. They just end up being a terror for most of the heroes I play. (Even hog to a bit, I'll chain/shoot/smack, he'll still be alive and orb most of my damage away while kiting me or leap away.)

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I play reaper mostly he eats up tanks. The only one that can be a real pain in the ass is Zarya, but Reaper eats Winston, Rein and Roadhog for lunch. Dva can be a pain sometimes due to her being able to escape.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For some reason I'm fairly incompetent with reaper. I'll watch them fucking pick me off in the air as pharah from mid range, but somehow apparently aiming at heads isn't the way to go and I miss or just don't seem to do that much damage (even at pretty close range but not like touching character models). Don't really have the same problem with 76.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
For some reason I'm fairly incompetent with reaper. I'll watch them fucking pick me off in the air as pharah from mid range, but somehow apparently aiming at heads isn't the way to go and I miss or just don't seem to do that much damage (even at pretty close range but not like touching character models). Don't really have the same problem with 76.
You generally want to aim at like shoulders

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Don't get me wrong, I enjoying the competitive games for the most part, but seriously stop putting pre-made of 4 against pugs. It just sucks...and it happens way too frequently. I don't mind pre-made of 2, but not 4 against none. And seriously why the fuck is facing 2 pre-made of 3 against 6 solo a thing...wtf put 3 on each side at least. And I will complain of this until the end of times, but seriously fuck the leaver penalty on the winning team. I had 2 games today where about just a little over 1 minute left someone on the other team leaves and I get like 5% xp or something.

Other than that, I had some spectacular games...one must have had a 3-4 minutes overtime...what a rush.
smile.png

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I pretty much agree with his article on the KOTH problems though... it's not hero problems, it's KOTH design problems. The way the score ticks up, overtime is triggered, map design, etc. all encourage the hyper mobile champs and makes most others a liability at that level. Not to say there isn't room for champ balance, but Tracer/Winston/Lucio aren't really on anyone's radars EXCEPT for this one situation, which tells you mayyyyyyybbbbeeee it's the situation that's fucked.

Sure there's time for teams to adapt and grow and the meta to shift, but reaper doesn't really counter Winstons when Reaper is so slow and getting gunned down by Tracers from across the hall before you even get near the monkeys.

Edit: Right now the NA qualifiers for the Atlantic Showdown are on, and one team was doing the normal stack and other is countering it with some success... but it also looked like Gale Force was playing it pretty bad in the first place. And Nothern Gaming is STILL stacking, they're just stacking differently (except for Lucio, which again... problem)

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'd be interested to see if they could "fix" KOTH by simply halving respawn rates on that map ruleset

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Fix it by deleting Lucio and hitting Tracer with increased blink cooldown and 40 less dps at point blank.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Watching ESL game and this IDDQD player is just killing it on Tracer. I can't even...

Kill kill blink blink kill blink kill kill blink rewind blink kill