Overwatch

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ana is really fun, but seems kinda hard to play well, I've had good and bad games. Sleep dart is annoying as shit to land, although stupidly strong when you do, even if people are shooting at the target, it's like a 1sec disable similar to roadhog hook, and if they're not it lasts an eternity and it cancels a lot of the annoying shit like Blossom and Hog which other healers tend to have issues with(Zen is the other healer that kinda shrugs them off).

Hardest so far though for me has been her grenade, the slight but noticeable drop over distance is super hard to judge correctly. I mean at mid/short, it's easy to grenade by just aiming at the ground where you want it, but once you start trying to throw it far, it's a lot harder since the aoe is kinda small. I've thrown many of them at nothing when trying to long range grenade.

Thing I really like about her though is you can take really far back positions to heal your frontlines, so you can hide from widows and generally be far enough that flankers will actually pop in front of you instead of behind, on certain maps. You can just scope heal people from afar.

And her ult is borderline broken. Ult Reinhardt and suddenly, it's motherfucking Genji(well not as bad, but quite close). Ult genji and he basically one shots everyone. I think the OP part of the ult is the damage reduction, it seems really strong. If it was just damage amplification/speed, it'd be strong, but you could counter it by attacking the guy, but when you have an ulted reinhardt rushing you, there's like no way to deal with him without CC(which are mostly ults, or another ana). Makes her really good at breaking defenses.

Really like the patch since it buffed 2 of the heroes I like playing, D-Va and Zen, and the new one is great. Plus I've started playing Zarya which I hadn't played much during the beta, so it feels kinda new. On the other hand, I feel Roadhog's hook is super fucked. I never had any trouble during beta with it but now I keep pulling fuckers to my side or behind me and shit like that, and I can't seem to kill shit with it. Used to be really good at chaining kills off hooks but now I still land hooks then don't get kills. I don't think it was changed other than increasing the stun duration a little bit so kinda weird.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
My friend has been grinding out Ana hours, and has been doing some godwork. We've yet placed it in Ranked play, but since i'm Hanzo main, she kinda follows me around and between me and him.. we can decimate teams. No one expects a nano'd hanzo, might not be the most optimal thing.. but fuck is it hilarious running in scattering the first targetting then proceeding to one shot everyone after that. I usually ult, then he nano's and I follow my ult in. I think the most kills i've received while nano'd was 5, still working to get a tpk.

As for the McCree buff, I think its good and needed.. its not the damage that is OP. It's the shot rate that is OP. If they lowered that, it would rise the use and utility of FtH, and manage to let him have strong mid range fighting. The fact I can double tap people in my face instantaneously versus someone like 76 who has to take a bit of a clip to get someone is a little strong. Lower the shot inbetween times, and it should be fine.

Word on the street? Chipsajen is looking to play Ana main. EnvyUS support healer, who supposedly climbs rank ladder with actual dps heroes. We should be seeing some good work come out of him from Ana.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Never really played McCree even before his nerfs, but just played on Numbai and destroyed lol... Seems a bit too ez-mode. I snipe better with McCree than Widow. I am not great with close range combat which is why I didn't play him much before, but now you basically never use Fan and just snipe.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Never really played McCree even before his nerfs, but just played on Numbai and destroyed lol... Seems a bit too ez-mode. I snipe better with McCree than Widow. I am not great with close range combat which is why I didn't play him much before, but now you basically never use Fan and just snipe.
Flash (25) > Headshot (140) > left click follow up (70) will kill pretty much any character regardless plus you still have 4/6 bullets left to go HAM without having to blow your roll.

Reaper is going to shift out anyway so you can left click him when it fades or follow him and FTH etc.

Flash > Headshot > Left click is just so good lol.

He's not that bad, if you can snipe people in the head full map away with mccree, then you can do it with widowmaker for twice the damage done. Saying he's easy and you can snipe better than widow is bullshit lol

edit: i do think he needs somewhat of a dropoff though, don't get me wrong. He's a little nutty with his far range damage but he should be able to do a full 70 damage if they're within say: Hollywood's first point arches and the corner diner building and shit like that.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
The ESL atlantic tourney isn't allowing Ana.

And... wow pro mcrees are deadly
Lol, thats so weird. I can see them not doing Ana + previous patch, but just Ana..? awkward.

Generally speaking, at the moment in a pro scene.. you'd take McCree 10x over a Widow now. Statistically though, average vs average, a widow should still win her fair share. If shes not it's just a matter of awareness and preparation.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Every comp game where someone picks Ana on my team = we lose ;/
people dont know how to use her thats why. They think she's another widow and she's not. you basically hav e to sit there and heal take pot shots and give rienhardt the ult.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
So I took a break from Overwatch for a few weeks and then tonight decided to do my placement games for competitive play.

8-2 for the night and ended up at 62.

That dog will hunt.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I successfully dominated Poke on stream, infront of 7,000 viewers. 67% kill participation. I'll post the highlight if its good, but hes on absolute tilt losing as Genji to Hanzo.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I successfully dominated Poke on stream, infront of 7,000 viewers. 67% kill participation. I'll post the highlight if its good, but hes on absolute tilt losing as Genji to Hanzo.
Poke is ok, I couldn't beat him, but goddamn he is fucking annoying. Do people actually watch that piece of shit?

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I successfully dominated Poke on stream, infront of 7,000 viewers.67% kill participation. I'll post the highlight if its good, but hes on absolute tilt losing as Genji to Hanzo.
Absolute tilt? I've never heard that before.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
An interesting thing I didn't really think about in regards to 1 hero limit is that it really makes it so you can "main" some heroes. Like Seagull was talking about how he doesn't practice or play McCree because Gods plays McCree for them. It used to be whoever the most OP hero was would be someone that you needed to practice but now since Gods and Seagull can't play McCree simultaneously him practicing isn't required.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I played a round of Ana and a round of new dva. Lost with ana. The specials kind of threw me off. I think if I play her again I'll swap E for Shift, they seemed backwards.

Won with the dva. Really like the new changes, and it is probably a "jboots are slower this patch effect" but it seems like I hit better at medium range.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
it is probably a "jboots are slower this patch effect" but it seems like I hit better at medium range.
LOL, I find that funny because I had a D'Va kill me while I was playing Reaper and I was like I shouldn't be dead this quick at this range.
smile.png

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Poke is ok, I couldn't beat him, but goddamn he is fucking annoying. Do people actually watch that piece of shit?
I had no idea who he was, I just knew the name and genji main. After watching the VoD I was kinda disappointed. I enjoyed the fact his chat kept tally of my kills on him, and seeing Navi and some others say "this fucking hanzo" "we gotta kill this hanzo" "random fucking hanzo." Overall, he was a shit genji and was really disappointed. I just assumed a 75r he was rly good, but nah. I mean hes not terrible persay, but having played against Kephrii's widow.. i'm more impressed by Kephrii by landslides and I can go toe to toe w/ him.

and agreed, hes quite annoying. I thought he was like a 16yrold streamer the whole time until my friend pointed out he was 23.

Absolute tilt? I've never heard that before.
As he got bullied by his chat, calling his 7k viewers annoying assholes and was going on about playing his smurf, then proceeded to only play QP after that. Him and Navi were really upset by that loss, he had the classic mentality of "I can only carry so hard" wah wah. Me and my friend saw right through their one trick and just pummelled it. Him and Navi focused hard on doing Nano Genji 24/7.