Overwatch

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Went into advanced settings and changed render something from 144% to 100% and instantly fixed everything. Not even sure why it was set that way. Now get 200 to 250 fps

Cybsled

Ya, I've given up trying to figure out whatever voodoo method they are using. Person on your team quits 50 seconds into a match and your team gets owned? Lose 80% of a level. Win a hard fought game? 25% of a level.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah there is some really weird stuff going with how much rank XP you earn or lose. Anyone know if you get a bonus for winning streaks similar to how Hearthstone does it after 3 wins you get more stars. I had a really good steak today and at some point I was making 75% to 100% of a level each time.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah there is some really weird stuff going with how much rank XP you earn or lose. Anyone know if you get a bonus for winning streaks similar to how Hearthstone does it after 3 wins you get more stars. I had a really good steak today and at some point I was making 75% to 100% of a level each time.
I believe so

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Clearly I'm not cut out for Competitive: 'fuck mei' says the people who MUST BE OFFENSE and can't be bothered to deal with her or switch to a counter. And then criticize despite proof I was doing more work (40+ elims, to name one example, or clearing the point THREE TIMES with an ult yet they STILL couldn't keep it).

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone know whats going on with Seagull/LG?
Not sure, but Shaq is trying to recruit him and others to his esport team NRG. He twitted about it.

And with an announcement that he was suppose to make on Friday, and delayed...I'm guessing there will be team changes.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Also if we want to go deep he said he's playing nothing but McCree today where a few days ago he said he didn't need to practice McCree because Gods plays it for LG

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I can tell when Seagull is streaming just by looking at how many viewers are in the general Overwatch channel
tongue.png

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I can tell when Seagull is streaming just by looking at how many viewers are in the general Overwatch channel
tongue.png
Lol same. It was ~38k this morning w/o Seagull then I saw it was at ~45k when I tuned in to him. I assumed it was him who caused the bump.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Lol same. It was ~38k this morning w/o Seagull then I saw it was at ~45k when I tuned in to him. I assumed it was him who caused the bump.
He reminds me of Sheth when he was streaming SC2 - not that Sheth got that many viewers, but his personality, willingness to explain, engaging with fans. He was my favorite SC2 streamer because he was such a cool dude, same thing with Seagull. Seagull doesn't need to stream or laugh at his fatness (Timthetatman) or be some annoying fuck (Lirik, Pokelawl). I wish Surefour got as much attention, he's not quite as cool as Seagull but he's a good alternative.

Last night I played a comp game and we got steamrolled bad on defense. On attack we were doing pretty bad too so I broke my golden rule and went Genji. I figured best case we'd win, worse case we were already losing anyways. I went fucking HAM and we killed that round. We had to do sudden death and lost, but it felt good to be able to turn the tide as Genji with all the practice I've been putting in on him. Usually I won't play him in comp because I don't want to be "that guy" and I don't think I'm that good. Maybe I'm better than I thought.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
At what rank do people start being able to deal with bastions and torb's turret? I thought is was just my very low rank below 40 that had this problem, but I got to 45 this weekend and it's still a problem.

I had to kill the bastion in 3 of our attempt as Mercy for us to be able to take Point A in Numbani.

My twitch skills are average at best, but my understanding of the game is pretty solid, I know the maps, flanking routes etc. I have a good grasp of strategies, classes and how to counter them. At this level though there are so many people who have zero grasp of the game, the maps, strategies, or how to counter some classes...it's so frustrating.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Here is a pretty decent meta breakdown from this weekend

Hero pick rates from weekend's tournaments : Competitiveoverwatch

Odd things sticking out is how much more picked Genji is on EU vs NA. Mercy's pick rate plummeted but I wouldn't be shocked to see that steadily rise. As we all already knew McCree and Zenyatta are almost must-picks simply because they're both so broken.
While it's not a pretty graph, nor quite as much data (I think) as the one from a few weeks ago, it sure looks like this past patch actually hurt pick diversity. That's how it felt watching the matches but didn't see everything so thought I might be wrong.

From a mechanics standpoint, Mercy and Zenyatta kind of fill the same slot, so with Zen being almost must-pick I'm not sure if we'll see that much Mercy or not. It's cool seeing all the tanks picked a reasonable amount but a shame that ~8 characters are basically unpickable because of buffs to 2 other characters.