Overwatch

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I'll have to check out my DPI and sensitivity. I think I'm at about 5 sensitivity and 1500 XDPI (not sure if I need to enable Y DPI, havent really educated myself on it). My corsair scimitar can go up to 3k 6k or 9k.. I might configure it to go from 1500 to 2500 etc smaller jumps. I've noticed higher dpi helps me on soldier.

As for controls.. I've got spacebar set for jump on lucio, mouse wheel down to switch heal to speed on lucio. mouse4 (thumb) for melee. On mercy I use spacebar to fly to people, and thumb button to hover. Zenyatta I use spacebar to throw heal orbs.. tbh I just realized you could have separate controls per class rofl but its definitely handy. Didnt know we could do sensitivity too, might start messing with that.

I also noticed that lot of my comp losses are due to bad dps, we'll have greeat heals and tanks but if dps aren't killin it then its game over. Although sometimes our tanks are badass dps and carry it.

Been playing with 3500ish rated people, been loads of fun. I know one of our dps runs around with fucking 20 sensitivity, and it works for him. Plays roadhog, soldier, and reaper.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I saw a big increase in performance when I dropped from whatever I was doing before to 800/6.5. I occasionally have trouble when big mouse swings make me hit my keyboard and I click by accident, but my aim is way better.

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
make sure to get a mouse with a good sensor too. going from zowie mico (generally a RTS/MOBA mouse) to Steelseries Rival was night and day. and I generally prefer small mice, but rival is too good.

Using 800 dpi 5-6 sensi. 6/11 windows sensi. Same as Talespin, the best NA player.

and yeah, the best way to carry out of lower ranks is to spam DPS, regardless of what your team does. just keep grinding it out, and try to communicate well with your team. don't let people guilt you into switching.

soldier 76 is amazing at the moment, and relatively easy to pick up.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
See if you have a surface quality analyzer. My small steelseries got 100%, but this gigantic clothyish one only gets 70%. Haven't had any problems yet though.

Tenks

The choppiness of the map should be interesting. From exploring around it there felt like few long sight lines. But I also noticed there seemed to be a ton of short stair wells. I was hoping for a bit more out of the jump pads. Right now it just felt like Elevator 2.0. I could also only find 1. I forget which point had it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
New map isn't bad. Feels like a Halo 2 map. Nice that there's like 4-6 entrances so you can't just choke one or two points.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Question for guys in the now. For awhile it was preferable to run low settings as it removed a lot of clutter. I've heard they've changed that though

Is there any benefit to running on low settings? On max everything I get about 220fps average, so it wouldn't be a performance increase.

Tenks

I believe there is still less visual clutter in terms of abilities running on max-low settings. The only thing I've seen good about high settings is shadows which can sometimes give away which character you're seeing around a corner. But Blizzard seems to be trying to get rid of map-specific advantages of running on low. I think the game looks too damn pretty to run on potato so I still run on ultra.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I believe there is still less visual clutter in terms of abilities running on max-low settings. The only thing I've seen good about high settings is shadows which can sometimes give away which character you're seeing around a corner. But Blizzard seems to be trying to get rid of map-specific advantages of running on low. I think the game looks too damn pretty to run on potato so I still run on ultra.
Yeah I could never run on low. Guys did it on sc2 and it looked like fucking shit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There was a post on reddit like a few days ago with a cam of a Widow shooting people through foliage on Ilios, apparently on low graphics it isn't as lush so you can actually see through(but on the cam the guy had normal details and you couldn't see shit), so there might be some small specific advantages, especially as a sniper/widow, not too sure for everyone else though.

Tenks

Maybe on King's Row as well with Soldier where that giant tree next to Mendatta(sp?) statue really blocks your vision

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Why didn't they put the new map in a brawl on ptr?

Only way I can play it is using custom.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Why didn't they put the new map in a brawl on ptr?

Only way I can play it is using custom.

Every quickplay is only the new map. I thought the same thing then was butthurt when custom games wouldn't launch. It's weird because the last map launch, Eichenwalde, was purposefully on a brawl that was just that map. Is weird, mang.