Overwatch

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Close, yea, but Widow scoped in is not "close" :p There's been a lot of posts on reddit complaining about hacking the past couple days, I think it's ramping up as the season is ending, which is pretty typical for all large competitive games (CSGO, LoL, etc.) so it doesn't shock me. I haven't played much the past few days so I haven't seen it myself. Also not sure I've played ranked actually.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I think they deal w/ hackers in waves? I don't know. If it works anything like CSGO, being that the game is on sale, is the time you'll see more hackers rise up.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There was a post on reddit by a korean in really broken english so I might have misunderstood some stuff but it seems one issue is that if you're in a PC Bang(PC cafe in korea where many people go to play games), they have a partnership with Blizzard(and other companies) to basically let them make accounts for free, and any korean players can just make new accounts for free. Now generally accounts have to be made with a korean social security number so you can't just spam accounts and getting banned is a bigger deal, but the issue seems to be you can make a non asian account from PC Bangs for free, and because they're not korean accounts you don't need an ID, just a valid email, and so it lets koreans just make a bunch of accounts everytime they get banned.

It seems hacking is quite a widespread issue in korea. Apparently there were 1 hacker in top 5 of both season 1 and season 2, so their detection probably doesn't work that well either.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Also they probably just detect certain things running on your pc. But if you're running custom code theyll never know.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah Korea, and some parts of SEA/TW, run on an "IGR" model where you pay for time played but you don't actually pay for the box sale. So like people say Koreas just VPN into a non-KR region, make a battle.net account and log in to the IGR. Probably quite a bit could be done to disallow non-local accounts from using the IGR but I'm not sure the underlying complexity (or legality) of that.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well they fixed the shield generator. That thing is powerful, probably more than the teleporter in the vast majority of situations.

I'm loving her, the 6 charges of sentries is just spectacular. And the slightly longer range on her primary makes a huge difference. The barrier is pretty useful...especially in a meta that might see a lot less Reinhardt.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, how many of those Battle.net tags are actually EU players? I just bought OW for my girlfriend and myself so we'll be playing some in European Evenings.

Tags: Slyminxy #2360 (myself) and Emmie #2309 (my gf)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Btw Complexity has been playing a lot of Sombra at Dreamhack(still going atm, euro hours, twitch stream). Seems to work pretty well, mostly hack tracer/mei/reinhardt, lots of EMP pushes(throw tp in the air, teleport above enemy team and EMP) and a bunch of solo kills/harass.

Tenks

Yeah they seem to be the only team I've really seen who has a firm grasp on how to fit her into a composition

DonBenno

Molten Core Raider
finished season 2 with 2300 SR and a peak of 2800, crashed so hard when sombra was released

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Btw Complexity has been playing a lot of Sombra at Dreamhack(still going atm, euro hours, twitch stream). Seems to work pretty well, mostly hack tracer/mei/reinhardt, lots of EMP pushes(throw tp in the air, teleport above enemy team and EMP) and a bunch of solo kills/harass.

I'm watching 5 hours in and Tork seems to really have the formula down. I'm going to try some of this later in mystery hero brawl :D

xzi

Mouthbreather
I didn't really play this season cause wow came out at the same time and I lost llike 5 placements and ended up in 2400ish which felt really bad coming from being in the 70s for season 1 lol

I plan on grinding out s3 though, gonna try for masters

I still want to main pharah god damn it but no way is it happening at higher ranks

xzi

Mouthbreather
well it was doing all content all day every day for like 80% of the season, now I can kinda chill and not constantly be grinding :p ...to go grind in another game!

Tenks

I'm watching 5 hours in and Tork seems to really have the formula down. I'm going to try some of this later in mystery hero brawl :D

Sombra has to be one the worst characters to get in mystery. Not only is she situational at best but she requires a certain team comp to counter and requires communication and coordination to take advantage of when she hacks a Mei/rein. Even in high ELO competitive there isn't the amount of coordination required to play her like Col was playing her.