Overwatch

xzi

Mouthbreather
I was solo for all of my placements, there was 10 people in the game that were ranked Diamond. It was a reasonably common occurrence

To back you up on this, while diamonds can't play placements, people who have achieved diamond and gone under 3k (like deranking to 2700 etc) still keep their little diamond icon, makes sense to me

Xevy

Log Wizard
To back you up on this, while diamonds can't play placements, people who have achieved diamond and gone under 3k (like deranking to 2700 etc) still keep their little diamond icon, makes sense to me

Ah, you're right. I forgot it still shows the diamond icon for them.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Hanzo on on our team playing D Gibraltar. I say "hey can you switch to a healer if you die" since all we had was Mercy. Says he will and at the same time says how is he going to get heals with only a single healer. I reply with "thats what happens when youre hanzo". He instantly tells us to fuck off and leaves voice chat.

Autism needs to be punished with death.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Played solo comp queue OW yesterday, was pretty bad. Had a 4 hour hanzo who refused to switch, had a 50 hour torb on king of hill who refused to switch, had a genji screaming into the mic. We'd get really good starts then fizzle out on defense or something terrible. Just dont know how people can solo queue, I was pulling out 15-18k healing every game as mercy yet couldnt get the W.

Went against one team where the reaper was carrying them against us, and everytime without fail he'd manage to come from behind and kill one tank then ghost away rinse repeat (on liljang control tower map). I kept saying kill the effing reaper but no one would. Then you get that feeling where you cant do it all, carrying the healing cant swap.

But I did get this amazing 2700 rated genji who annoyed the crap out of the other team, literally never died just zipped back n forth between them and me for heals. End of game other team was like fuck you genji. I spectated him a bit I dont know how they do it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I get annoyed when people ask me to switch but as long as they ask nice I usually do it. The people that go "what the fuck asshole switch to a healer" get nothing

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Its really funny getting praised 1 game for your amazing Mei play then the next game you get flamed for doing everything wrong. Particularly love the guys that say "Don't waste wall! Use it to trap them!" literally 1 cooldown after trapping a Reinhart and killing him.

You just can't take this game seriously man. If you're Gold/Plat then the community is garbage. My only desire to climb is that when you're in Diamond range a lot more of the players are sensible and actually have map awareness. I'm at 2500 and my peak last season was 2900.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I stopped caring about rank and just play for fun and if I climb, I climb.

Some real salty people and cancerous folks though.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just ignore anything beyond useful tactical info, like "so-and-so is on the left" or "ult at 95%". I've already chosen my character based on our comp, enemy comp, and my general comfort with the hero. I have to assume other people have done the same, to the best of their ability (which may be greater or worse than mine). Trying to convince them to do anything is going to automatically come into conflict with them thinking they're already doing the best thing they can. The chance of tilting people or distracting them from playing by opening up that can of worms is massively higher than actually just magically getting a better team comp and it working out, so I just play the odds and avoid the dumb shit I guess.

I've won comp games with no healers on our team. (~2500 range S2). It just doesn't matter enough to argue with anyone about it. Even watching higher ELO streams you see people get wins with Torb offense on King's Row and Symmetra on KotH. It's ridiculous how much stress people put in to having a "good" team comp or only top-tier characters when that's not the most important thing about pub games.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I won't lie. The people that instant lock offensive heroes then demand healers and refuse to switch trigger the fuck out of me. I'd say it happens about 80% of the games I'm in. This game is such a mixed bag with my emotions. Some days I can have an amazing time others I want to

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Been watching this, lots of interesting stuff.

The recent trade to get all swedes, all french etc seems odd when Reinforce says they will all use english anyway. Just out of game cultural stuff I guess.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
God this is frustrating. My razer DPI settings keep resetting to some unknown value, but it's not showing in their synapse gui. For example, I thought I've been playing at 800 sen for the last few days (maybe week +?), but after realizing that my 360 seemed fairly small, I dropped it from 700 back to 800 and the 360 is like 2.5x what it was before. Now I'm gonna have to re-learn to shoot at this DPI again. You guys have any mouse recommendations? I'm getting pretty tired of this one.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I get annoyed when people ask me to switch but as long as they ask nice I usually do it. The people that go "what the fuck asshole switch to a healer" get nothing
that was the thing. I didn't say why the fuck did you pick hanzo?! All I said was hey can you switch if you die in a normal calm voice.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I also get a little peeved when people get upset that you aren't playing the new meta

Sorry guys I don't want to do 3 tanks 2 heals 1 dps but I bet we'll be alright

The auto lock Hanzo or genjis just make me laugh. At least with Hanzo you can just keep shooting and eventually kill people. Genji takes serious skill to even do anything

nawcor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Based on your last 3 posts, you seem to be the exact person that people are complaining about.

• 1Smuggly
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I don't care much about my rank either. I play for fun, try my best to select a good pick that will help the team, switch if it doesn't work.

I don't give a shit about the meta since I solo queue all the time, and the teams simply don't have the communication and coordination to make it work. Just a have a decently balance team (at least 1 tank and 1 healer).

As long as no one is toxic, I usually have fun win or lose.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I have zero fun losing in competitive and people just playing for fun should fuck back off to quickplay IMO

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I get a bit peeved when we have a Rein/Zarya and I go Roadhog and one of them switches off. Roadhog is for all intents and purposes a DPS hero.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
The worse one is when you go Ana because people are whining for a second healer and the primary healer immediately switches to Hanzo.