Overwatch

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can someone maybe recommend some other hero's for me a legit try?
So far i pretty much stick to Moira, Junkrat, or occasionally Soldier 76 if i don't feel like spamming explosives.. and support is already filled up.

I feel like i need to at least learn a viable tank hero if i'm gonna start playing competitive. Mostly the same reason i tend t towards healers in most games i simply don't trust others to do the roll well.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Could try roadhog or a good zarya w/ ult with another ult is a good team wiper. Ya I've had few games where my buddy let someone else mercy so he could DVA and our mercy ended up always trying to res out in the open or never had situational awareness and died all the time.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Can someone maybe recommend some other hero's for me a legit try?
So far i pretty much stick to Moira, Junkrat, or occasionally Soldier 76 if i don't feel like spamming explosives.. and support is already filled up.

I feel like i need to at least learn a viable tank hero if i'm gonna start playing competitive. Mostly the same reason i tend t towards healers in most games i simply don't trust others to do the roll well.

Rein is the best tank, a good Rein can determine the outcome of games easily.
"Shield Tanks" are usually always wanted. Rein / Orisa mainly
Winston is good at countering flankers (tracer, genji)

Roadhog & Dva are good for their own reasons and pair well with a Shield tank.

Edit
Forgot Zarya, a good Zarya is really good and helps counter Mei/Junkrat/Reaper, fits in the Road/Dva group imo.

Usually you want a Rein/Orisa and then 1 of the other 4 depending on enemy teamcomp. Or Rein & Orisa for maximum annoyance lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I find it quite difficult to carry a group of scrubs with an anchor tank. It requires too much team work if you're trying to dig yourself out of the shit tiers. Winston is probably better because in a game like Overwatch mobility is the hardest carrying tool since it makes you less reliant upon your team. Zarya, however, is probably the absolute best carry "tank" in the game right now. You can erase your team mates poor positioning with her E and she can 1v1 almost anyone with good bubble timings and tracking.

I'd also heavily caution against the "I'm gunna carry" mentality. If you are playing with a ton of bad players that means you yourself are a bad player. If you are playing with a ton of bad players and you yourself are not a bad player you'll naturally win more games than you lose. When you get into the "I'll carry" mentality you'll start making sloppy positioning mistakes and fixate too hard. You may get medals and that will further reinforce you are carrying for your team and they're all bad but it is because you were chasing down medals instead of actually winning the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rein is the best tank, a good Rein can determine the outcome of games easily.
"Shield Tanks" are usually always wanted. Rein / Orisa mainly
Winston is good at countering flankers (tracer, genji)

Roadhog & Dva are good for their own reasons and pair well with a Shield tank.

Edit
Forgot Zarya, a good Zarya is really good and helps counter Mei/Junkrat/Reaper, fits in the Road/Dva group imo.

Usually you want a Rein/Orisa and then 1 of the other 4 depending on enemy teamcomp. Or Rein & Orisa for maximum annoyance lol

Yeah that pretty much lines up with the idea i'd formed so far that shield tanks are absurdly useful to the point that playing without one feels like playing with a gimped team. It's kind of funny cause in my mind i still don't know most of the heroes names and just mentally call them "big shield guy" or "hook/shotgun fat guy" I actually get a fair amount of Tank kills playing Moiria, not sure if that means i'm playing wrong or right tho...

Rein seems to me like makes like a million time easier for a healer support compared to trying to keep up the team moving compared to DVA or even roadhog ect.. Think i'm gonna give him a good workout today

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Strongly recommend you don't main support when you first start. I did a ton of Lucio before I realized what I'm doing really doesn't sway the course of the game too much - he can't erase people being in terrible positions or not getting easy picks. As I've gotten better I play support when I have to but you can win entire matches by playing Rein and punishing terrible enemy positioning with both charge and his ult and frankly at least right now there's always a mercy to keep you up.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
There is no best tank to learn. The best tank is whichever tank you need to play against the enemy team. Actually, the best tank is the one that will suite your team’s play style. If you’re on Rein and you have a bunch of snipers or flanking heroes in your team and no one is pushing with you or utilizing the shield, you may as well be on something like a dva or Winston. It’s. It not very fun advice, but it’s true! :/

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
There is no best tank to learn. The best tank is whichever tank you need to play against the enemy team. Actually, the best tank is the one that will suite your team’s play style. If you’re on Rein and you have a bunch of snipers or flanking heroes in your team and no one is pushing with you or utilizing the shield, you may as well be on something like a dva or Winston. It’s. It not very fun advice, but it’s true! :/

This is true but Rein does have tools other than shield. Charge for picks is strong when used right and his Ult is certainly a game changer. Just don't be a walking shield the entire match and he can have a massive impact, even with a shit comp around him.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If the other team doesn't have a shield tank you should be playing Roadhog. It's free picks the entire match. Tanks in this game have certain combinations that work best. Rein/Zarya, Orisa/Road, D'Va/Winston. Zarya can help Rein when his shield is down. Orisa can help Roadhog finish off kills especially ones he can't one-shot, and D'Va/Winston are the most mobile tanks that can devastate backlines when they communicate on who they are focusing. At lower elo's you can get away with other combinations, but the most optimal ones work best.

Last edited:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah don't learn rein if you only plan on standing around holding a shield. Need to be somewhat aggressive at times and know when to push. So many reins just stand in one spot and wait for someone to tell them what to do, in that case play orisa cause her shield regens faster and you can shoot fast instead of being a standing shield.

Prob should practice both shield and dps tank cause theres usually one shield tank and then an offtank so depending on what the otehr guy plays you might have to fill

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Watching the press conferences from last week. Dallas really didn't want to be there.

Fleta thinks Jake is the best dps in the league right now.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Koreans have been high on Jake for a while now -- for reasons unknown to me. I think just because they like him.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gotta love Ana's at Silver. I never fail to out heal them on Zenyatta which means my team loses 9 times out of 10 because the other team has Mercy.