Overwatch

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
They can run the league off older patches no prob. They even did that for the apex tournaments in Korea (rip I get it)

Needless

Toe Sucker
I take it back, i completely forgot they gave widow a nova skin
aww yeah son, time to annoy my follow 2.5k shitters

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Aye, that was fun! I surprised we got paired by the matchmaker. lol

I really wonder how big the player base is sometimes. I feel like I see the same people very often, even spanning multiple days, not counting common names.

It's like "oh, i played this guy yesterday and he's a pharah main". And then after a round usually 3-4 of same people are in next one.

Compare this to LOL which I'm playing more of now and I never see same people even when queuing right after a game.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The only way to get Torb POTG.

I got the Zen skin and a bunch of sprays and icons. I bought the Mei and Widow skin. I'll wait on the Roadhog since I like the walrus one a lot. I rarely play Doomfist, so I'll just wait to get that one too.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The new map is a Pharah/Widow heaven. It's very frustrating if you are on the otherside of a team that won't counter. I have no idea what Blizzard was thinking other than, "hey this will make a great OWL map!".

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The only way to get Torb POTG.

I got the Zen skin and a bunch of sprays and icons. I bought the Mei and Widow skin. I'll wait on the Roadhog since I like the walrus one a lot. I rarely play Doomfist, so I'll just wait to get that one too.

I was d/c'd when this one happened:

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I love watching teams do that deathball Lucio/Moira tank smash on Horizon 1

I forgot, Doa named it the Slambulance

Last edited:

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah I'm torn on the quad tank Horizon A strategy. It seems to take A by storm but always seems to stall out trying to take B and eventually all people need to swap heroes and reset ults.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think every single D'va in my games since the update was using the Black Cat skin.

They should have sold that one for $10 in real cash, and they would made a fortune. :)

• 1Like

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have another newb question .

For quick match does the thing have a hidden "skill rating?" value that determines who you will match with? last few days i had been wrecking in most matches and today had some pretty bad ones. Could be just luck and one time it was simply two of the most passive players I've ever seen on my team.

When do you guy think it's worth going into trying competitive play, I've had a few people ask me. But Mercy is the only character i really feel decent with to be honest. I'd rather this not be like a situation where when i played MTG 12-15 years ago my DCI rating was overall tanked down to 1500 in draft as i played some awful matches as a newb. Years later that stopped me from getting an elo of 2k overall even with 2070 constructed and it still bugs me today.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The best time to play competitive is once you reach level 25. QP is only good for learning the absolute basics of a hero. It teaches you nothing because no one gives a fuck about winning.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Have another newb question .

For quick match does the thing have a hidden "skill rating?" value that determines who you will match with? last few days i had been wrecking in most matches and today had some pretty bad ones. Could be just luck and one time it was simply two of the most passive players I've ever seen on my team.

When do you guy think it's worth going into trying competitive play, I've had a few people ask me. But Mercy is the only character i really feel decent with to be honest. I'd rather this not be like a situation where when i played MTG 12-15 years ago my DCI rating was overall tanked down to 1500 in draft as i played some awful matches as a newb. Years later that stopped me from getting an elo of 2k overall even with 2070 constructed and it still bugs me today.
Yea it does