Pacific Rim: Uprising (2018)

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Was a fun movie.

Black dude was OK. Accent was too hard to understand at times.
Good white dude was meh.
Bad white dude was good.
Kid was OK.
Plot was good which is surprising.

Fights were good. Which is all I cared about.

Nothing sucked. Nothing was great. Giants robots. 6/10 for me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Thank you moviepass for letting me watch this. That way I don't feel terrible for buying real tickets. Average entertainment and something I will not see again.

Oldbased

> Than U
Was a fun movie.

Black dude was OK. Accent was too hard to understand at times.
Good white dude was meh.
Bad white dude was good.
Kid was OK.
Plot was good which is surprising.

Fights were good. Which is all I cared about.

Nothing sucked. Nothing was great. Giants robots. 6/10 for me.
Did they fix the CGI to where it wasn't always night time in the middle of a hurricane for action sequences? That was probably my major gripe for PR1.

I for one like cheesy lines and giant robots fighting so I thought PR1 was pretty good for a popcorn flick. If that is what this is, I'll love it too.

Edit-Just saw Spronks review on the previous page. Yaaaa, I'm in.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Did they fix the CGI to where it wasn't always night time in the middle of a hurricane for action sequences? That was probably my major gripe for PR1.

I for one like cheesy lines and giant robots fighting so I thought PR1 was pretty good for a popcorn flick. If that is what this is, I'll love it too.

Edit-Just saw Spronks review on the previous page. Yaaaa, I'm in.

The fights were all during the day, and pretty good to boot!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
$29m domestic take, $150m worldwide including like $70m in China. There will probably be a Pacific Rim 3, although it might be all in chinese lol

Oldbased

> Than U
$29m domestic take, $150m worldwide including like $70m in China. There will probably be a Pacific Rim 3, although it might be all in chinese lol
I'm fine with that. Keep them coming Hollywood.
The more made, the more likely we will finally one day get a live action Robotech.

spronk

FPS noob
one of the vfx guys posts on ERA and he said one of the versions of the movie had Raleigh (Jax) from the first movie in a tiny cameo
Jax is presumed dead since he was CGI'd into the memorial right next to Mako

that was taken out of the final cut though

and a BTS / making of

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Loved the first one, this was awful, they've ruined it.

I fell asleep during the final battle

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I felt like subtly there were influences from the Chinese government in it, in the themes and presentations. Individuality and secrets are bad, work together as a team for the good of the world. Corporations can't be trusted, trust in leaders and government. Chinese individuals were the leaders and strategists and western folk the grunts basically. The final fight occurs in Tokyo and I thought that was interesting, I could just see crowds in China cheering as Tokyo is destroyed on screen (Japan invaded and raped China in WW2) and chinese people save Japan.

Probably the most OTT and off the mark film analysis I've ever read and I did a film studies degree, lol.

They dumbed down the original, added a cute mini Jaeger and made one of the pilots a teenage girl, and spronk spronk is sitting there analysing this pile of shit like he's Francois Truffaut, lolz

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 1Comrade
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
See that's exactly what film critics do and it makes me sick. Just tons of shit like "ahumm ah yes what the film lacked in plot development, it made up for in the less eloquent details of it's progressionary subtlety and hence an overall feeling that the audience could not escape the prism the director trapped himself in"

I get through something like that, pause for a sec and think wow go fuck yourself dude.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Downloaded, regret wasting tracker credit on it.

Legitimately worse than most of the Transformers movies.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
First one had a lot of charm. It was a suped up B movie with Del Toro at the helm. Hard to recapture.