Pacific Rim: Uprising (2018)

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
John Boyega feels like a black version of the werewolf guy from Twilight. He seems to only have a few facial expressions and only two modes... Emotionless or 9th Grade Over Emotion Drama Star.

Tumblrites gobbling up Boyega's shit is what made me hate him. gifsets that are 8 gifs long, all of his face, and he's making the same fucking face in every one. ??????

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Is Boyega supposed to be a good actor or have screen presence? He seems to be totally forgetable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Oh he's sweaty out of breath guy? How could I have forgotten actor of the year :rolleyes:

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Hate that dude is gettin work outside of Star Wars. At least Kylo Ren was good in Logan Lucky.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Is Boyega supposed to be a good actor or have screen presence? He seems to be totally forgetable.
Affirmative action actor, dindus suck at acting if he's the best they got, and I assume he is, since he got the lead role in eps7.

• 2Picard

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This is the perfect movie for him. Substance free action flick where you can overact to your heart's content, try and hit that HDR as an actor. Boyega was fine as a bumbling "so this is what life is" Jim Carrey naivete type character in EP7.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Just give me lots of badass Jaeger v Kaiju scenes, with plot and characters that don't annoy me.

Is that asking for too much?

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
5 minutes of research has basically revealed the entire plot. i'll put it in spoilers, just for the sake of... i don't know, being i nice guy, i guess. this is all taken from the director himself from the bits and pieces hes mentioned over a few interviews.

it's 10 years after the first one, jake pentecost (john boyega) is a professional thief of some sort and doesn't want to pilots jaegers because reasons. there hasn't been a kaiju seen since the breach was closed and he jaeger program is about to be shut down, although they'd had a huge budget previously and the world was working together, instead of "this is china's jaeger, this is russia's jaeger, etc). meanwhile, the black market is pissed because kaiju parts were selling for so much, but there's no pieces left to sell so they make their own jaeger(s) and open the breach back up (this is the black jaeger we see gipsy avenger fighting in the trailers). mako has to get jake (her brother) to come back and pilot a jaeger to save the world, and his best friend (scott eastwood) is his co-pilot. but for drama's sake, scott is pissed at jake because he left so they have to work through their feels to be a team again.

also, tony stark was able to build one in a cave... with a box of scraps. except instead of tony stark, it's a 15 year old girl, and instead of a cave it's a junk yard. she also is able to pilot this jaeger by herself, and she doesn't realize how amazeballs that is.

the plot sounds contrived. that being said, the director has also gone on record saying that GDT is basically sent everything for approval, so there's that. the director also directed spartacus so i'm VERY cautiously hopeful.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Looks like they're turning it into Transformers, and not the good generation 1 kind, the Bay shitfest kind

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Part 1: Robots vs Monsters
Part 2: Robots vs Monsters, Robots vs Robots
Part 3: Robots vs Monsters, Robots vs Robots, Monsters vs Monsters

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Who the fuck made that trailer, holy shit. Hype for this movie officially at 0.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
v stoked for this movie. Always down for a good rimming.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
You are fucking terrible at whatever your shtick is these days. Be better, if not for us, at least for yourself.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users