Molten Core Raider
Here's a couple more if anyone wants:

PGNE-MXATS-UCMZ3-WHZ77

PGNX-5SFC2-UWP6X-A9397

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Lulz

Brave adventurers

Well, you did it. Not only did you set fire to the servers, you burnt them to a crisp. It's going to take us a lot longer than we expected to put the pieces back together, which means that for now, we will be taking the servers offline for the weekend.​

We are going to dedicate serious time and resources to making sure this doesn't happen next time we open the servers, and we'll of course let you know when that will be when we have a better idea ourselves.​

To put it bluntly, we needed this. We expected a horde and were met with an army. Of course we’re disappointed, we want you to be able to play the game even more than you do. On the bright side we know exactly what needs to be done and can get straight to work on it.​

Don't worry, this isn't even our final form and we'll be back with new dates soon.​

Thanks for your patience and understanding.​

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Ha, just got the client downloaded and saw that. That's sad, but hilarious.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They couldn't even handle the restricted number of players from a license key required closed test?

are you sure these are the guys that run a multi-million player F2P server hosted Shooter-like online game with up to 30 players per battle?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They couldn't even handle the restricted number of players from a license key required closed test?

are you sure these are the guys that run a multi-million player F2P server hosted Shooter-like online game with up to 30 players per battle?

At the same time they run World of Tanks, one of the largest games out there, so Id be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

My problem would be the fact that the game looks like shit and they are giving out keys to everyone. Im not even sure I signed up for this shit and I still got 3 keys in my inbox.

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Beta test 4 begins tomorrow at 0700 UTC. Might actually get to play this weekend some and see how it is.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I was in for a bit. Game seems like it has potential from my brief session. Control mapping is buggy as fuck. It doesn't appear to unmap if you reassign a command. My gamepad is completely useless. I can't move, and using the thumbstick does nothing but flutter all the map/inventory screens. Resetting to default controls does nothing.

I relogged to see if that helped, and now the servers are not responsive.

Clearly no one tested this.

Last edited:

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This weekend's test has been extended to Wednesday, they're applying fixes and stuff and looking to get more feedback.

Kiki

Log Wizard
At the same time they run World of Tanks, one of the largest games out there, so Id be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

My problem would be the fact that the game looks like shit and they are giving out keys to everyone. Im not even sure I signed up for this shit and I still got 3 keys in my inbox.

I got one to my work email. I'm pretty sure I didn't sign up for this because I can't remember hearing about it, nor did I most likely sign up with my work email. However, stranger things have happened while on alcohol.

Caliane

This just went into "early access".

you can buy in for $29.99..
Which.. I did not realize this shit was not free to play. I would have called it "ok" before. I say now, "avoid like the plague" game is FULL of purchases and timed shit, with "pay gems to speed up timer" crap.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
This just went into "early access".

you can buy in for $29.99..
Which.. I did not realize this shit was not free to play. I would have called it "ok" before. I say now, "avoid like the plague" game is FULL of purchases and timed shit, with "pay gems to speed up timer" crap.

Wait is this right? I'm seeing people saying no micro transactions.

"Pagan Online, the latest game from World of Tanks publisher, Wargaming, will not launch as a free-to-play title.
Instead, the Serbian-developed dungeon crawler will have a single buy-in price and won’t be supported by micro-transactions or a subscription-based model."

Caliane

Maybe I misunderstood how the premium currency, and shop worked in game. But I dont think I did..
alpha is closed now, so I can't log in and give it another closer look.

like look at the steam store page. go down, to "your hero, your style" where you can see the .gif of the characters, and palette swaps/etc.
you can see the "BUY" and the ability to buy palette swaps, buy new outfits, buy EMOTES, buy Poses...
very obviously the kind of shit you see in any ftp game, and in LoL, and heroes of the storm.

that shit is still in the game last I checked.
its possible they massively increased the drop rates on that premium currency, and did remove any actual real money transactions for those items, and the other stuff..
but, the game was very clearly built to be ftp.

Last edited:

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I guess if its just fun/cosmestic stuff I don't care really. Similar to what a lot of games do nowadays. If its more than that then no bueno.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah for some reason I thought you had to buy additional heroes and stuff. And there was all sorts of different progressions that you could boost / had timed things related to.

I really liked the idea of it all but just wasn't interested in grinding during the beta. Hated going to a hub and seeing everyone Marvel Heroes style, on mostly the same hero. A side effect of the limited beta though.

Probably in for early access, liked the beta enough to mess w/ this.

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
There is an article up on MassivelyOP about the game that clarifies a little of what you guys were talking about. Apparently at the start you have to pick one of three starter characters and that is your character, no switching at that point. The article compares it to Marvel Heroes (like mrStevo did) where once you start you're stuck with what you picked til you are able to unlock more by either grinding in game or breaking out the wallet.

The article is worth a glance before anyone dishes out any cash.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe I misunderstood how the premium currency, and shop worked in game. But I dont think I did..
alpha is closed now, so I can't log in and give it another closer look.

like look at the steam store page. go down, to "your hero, your style" where you can see the .gif of the characters, and palette swaps/etc.
you can see the "BUY" and the ability to buy palette swaps, buy new outfits, buy EMOTES, buy Poses...
very obviously the kind of shit you see in any ftp game, and in LoL, and heroes of the storm.

that shit is still in the game last I checked.
its possible they massively increased the drop rates on that premium currency, and did remove any actual real money transactions for those items, and the other stuff..
but, the game was very clearly built to be ftp.
They did an AMA recently where they specifically said there will be no MTX, and that everything you've seen have a cost to it is from ingame currency that you earn via playing. The only paid content will be DLC campaigns. Now, whether to believe that or not is up to us.

Aside from that, I doubt I'd pay anything to play it due to having WASD movement and separate camera movement via mouse. Which I find to be very, very odd. I'd try it out for free though.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is an article up on MassivelyOP about the game that clarifies a little of what you guys were talking about. Apparently at the start you have to pick one of three starter characters and that is your character, no switching at that point. The article compares it to Marvel Heroes (like mrStevo did) where once you start you're stuck with what you picked til you are able to unlock more by either grinding in game or breaking out the wallet.

The article is worth a glance before anyone dishes out any cash.
The article doesn't state that you have to pay money to unlock other classes, lol. The writer was just voicing their worry about the system. The article did mention something odd about unlocking characters. It requires "shards" which you earn by playing, but it says you need specific types of shards to unlock the other classes, so I am guessing that those other shards are random drops (in addition to the shards that your picked character earns for themselves only).