Paleo 101: How and why you should eat like a Caveman

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
During the final 9 d of the treatment period, volunteers collected all urine and feces, and samples of diets, feces, and urine were analyzed for macronutrient and energy contents.
That sounds lovely.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
My dad told me about something like that from his days in the ER. He has some wild ass stories. Literally, I guess.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
You should do a rectal exam on someone with a prolapsed rectum!
You know, I have dealt with prolapses in cattle, assisted in the birth of many calves, collected manure samples and mailed them to Texas for nutritional analysis, and I get shit on me at least twice a week, but for some reason doing any of that stuff with humans seems infinitely worse to me.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
"I gotta say, I love eating grains. Grains are off da hook" -Paleoboy

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
You know, I have dealt with prolapses in cattle, assisted in the birth of many calves, collected manure samples and mailed them to Texas for nutritional analysis, and I get shit on me at least twice a week, but for some reason doing any of that stuff with humans seems infinitely worse to me.
It's not so bad. Most patients are as uncomfortable as you (me.) In women when I put them in the hospital it's usually just to make sure there is no rectal bleeding. In men same thing, but of course a prostate exam too, which in all honesty is almost useless. I double glove, lube up, and insert. It's always nice when the patient has to poop and the nurse can just get a sample from that and check it for blood.

I am completely uncomfortable with childbirth. In school and residency I had to do it, but never enjoyed it. And yeah I find most of it displeasing. Btw, I'd imagine a cows prolapsed rectum to be humongous? Lol that's nasty.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I didnt bring lunch today so I had to eat out. I was pleasantly surprised with this from the local Portuguese place:

rrr_img_10524.jpg

Beef ribs, 1/2 roasted chicken, broccoli, carrots and cabbage. I passed on the cabbage but the rest was really good.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I knew an ER doc who could not stand to watch any sort of blood or gore, no matter how trivial, in a movie or on TV. Dude would completely cringe when someone would get stabbed on a TV show. I asked him how he could be an ER doctor yet recoil in disgust at the slightest hint of blood on screen. He said it didn't bother him because what he was doing was making it all better.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
It's not so bad. Most patients are as uncomfortable as you (me.) In women when I put them in the hospital it's usually just to make sure there is no rectal bleeding. In men same thing, but of course a prostate exam too, which in all honesty is almost useless. I double glove, lube up, and insert. It's always nice when the patient has to poop and the nurse can just get a sample from that and check it for blood.

I am completely uncomfortable with childbirth. In school and residency I had to do it, but never enjoyed it. And yeah I find most of it displeasing. Btw, I'd imagine a cows prolapsed rectum to be humongous? Lol that's nasty.
You get any C Diff patients yet? Smelling that shit (literally) once when I was a wee lad was enough to put me off medicine as a career choice/option. Fucking vile.

Loki_sl

shitlord
However, this practice will likely change soon. Recently a doctor was found 10% guilty (yes, ie, at fault for 10% of what happened) in a malpractice lawsuit because a non-compliant diabetic did not pick up his medication from the pharmacy and take it. Yes, the doctor prescribed the medicine, but the patient did not pick it up and use it, and the patient ended up losing his foot. Obviously the patient had a history of being noncompliant with his medication, and what's the doctor to do but say "You really need to take this. Why are you not picking it up? Please pick up the medication and use it." The trial apparently found that the doctor should have ensured that the patient actually went to the pharmacy and picked up his medication. Which of course is absolutely fucking ridiculous and an impossible task. But since that precedent has been set, there will be a growing trend to more readily kick non-compliant patients out of clinics. Several colleagues have already started booting patients because of the results of this trial. I sure as shit don't want to get sued because some patient doesn't listen to my advice. It sucks for these patients, but nobody wants to risk a lawsuit because someone is too lazy to eat reasonably well or to take a medication.
Could I see some plagarism on that? Can't find the case specifics through google

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
. Btw, I'd imagine a cows prolapsed rectum to be humongous? Lol that's nasty.
Somewhere between a bowling ball and a basketball depending on how bad it is. Often has maggots as well if you don't catch it early. For this I am more than happy to pay the vet $65 to deal with it.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
You get any C Diff patients yet? Smelling that shit (literally) once when I was a wee lad was enough to put me off medicine as a career choice/option. Fucking vile.
Yeah, C. diff colitis is miserable for patients and hospital staff. We've had some really sick patients with the typical presentation (following clindamycin), and many without any known cause. Interestingly the treatment for C. diff is moving towards fecal transplant (fecal bacteriotherapy), ie, taking a healthy persons (most desirable, a relative) stool and transplanting it to the patient's, in order to speedily replace normal bacterial flora in the colon.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
...taking a healthy persons (most desirable, a relative) stool and transplanting it to the patient's, in order to speedily replace normal bacterial flora in the colon.
I heard about research looking into doing a similar thing, but for the nostrils.