Palworld (Pokemon with Guns and Bukkake, minus the Bukkake)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You can just play an offline single player world, no need for a server anyway

Same as terraria and the like

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jetdragon fuckin owns dear god

The jormuntide? Saw one today for first time, but it was level 45, bit too high for me.

1706061941904.png

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
oh, haven't seen that yet then. Awesome wings though. The fish tail is weird.

Caliane

The biggest problem with this game is probably that it launched ~5 days before Enshrouded. Enshrouded I think is the better game overall, but it's more a V-Rising/Valheim+++ whereas Pals was like an Age of Conan Thrall System+++. I COULD see big updates to this making it fun to revisit every so often, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised with the money these guys make if they just focus on another project immediately instead on a grander scale.

There's definitely a bunch of QoL at this point that I'd love to see implemented sooner rather than later:

-Allow the complete destruction of "resources" in bases. Have it be an option so if you want big ore nodes farmed that works, but if there's 30 stupid fucking trees in your base they just get deleted and never come back. This would help out the AI a TON.
-Allow a better assignment system. I had a fucking Penking who I wanted to run an icebox, but there were a bunch of egg incubators nearby and any time I threw him he'd just go "I CAN'T INCUBATE THAT! GOTTA RUN ACROSS THE BASE TO THE MINING STATION I GUESS!" They need let you hold a pal and aim at a bench/utility and then hit a button to perma station them there or make it prio 1 or something.
-AI needs better pathing. Birds are usually like Tier 3 transportation, but they ALWAYS get fucking lost/caught on something, then break their fucking bones or get depressed. They're the absolute worst fucking units, but at some of the larger nodes you NEED at least a 3 transporter.
-A better understanding of the capture "rating". It's numbers, but do the numbers mean anything? Anything significant? Probably not really! I'm 90% sure item tier matters more in capture vs mob level than anything having to do with capture rate. Also stun baton is a fucking suicide mission trying to stun a level 35+ mob in melee range for that 2% increased chance. No fucking way man.
-"Locking" items to spots in inventory/storage. I'd love to lock my armor/weapons I carry that aren't equipped. Not a huge deal as I can just shit out extraneous items and the pals will sort it out, but I'd also like to be able to "lock" some items in bins to make a better storage system. As a solo player this isn't hard to manage, but with a team the odds of some braindead grabbing all 500 spheres and ruining the sphere box is much higher.

Overall I agree this is a 1-2 week game with 50-150 hours of playtime. You definitely feel cooler in the 15-25 range and then after that it's more of the same for the most part. Venturing to dangerous places can be annoying without finding the nearest towers ASAP. Mobs hit hard as fuck. Our server just got turned down from 3x damage to 2x damage and I can not explain to you their damage scaling, but it's probably a 500% modifier. Things that hit me for 600 a shot hit me for like 80 now. The game is playable. Boss fights are long, but not instantly deadly. I do wish I did a little more damage personally, but I'm like 33 still using a crossbow because I can't be fucked to make bullets and 90% of my xbow use is to wittle down Pal health for capture anyways. Most of the boss fights just consist of good ranged Pals and then desummoning/resummoning your Pal at the right time to avoid telegraphs. Feels a little too basic and I think this is where Enshrouded will shine as it's truly more souls-like.

I'd say for a $27 game I'd give this a good 9/10. It's worth the money, could POTENTIALLY have amazing game updates, and had more QoL to begin with than was missing which is VERY unusual for game launches. The biggest downside is, like I started with, Enshrouded coming out tomorrow and I think that will be the more enjoyable game overall even if it's more guided than this one.
yeah mostly.

A few notes.
There is a hidden priority. Seems to go water>lumber>flame>mining>gardening>gathering>freezing>>handiwork,>hauling. not certain on gardening, ranching or handiwork. but ranchers do seem to sit in the ranch pretty often.
ive 100% seen them stop mining, etc to go water, lumbering nonstop when other stuff could be done. flame over mining as well.

So yeah to get a freezer to actually freeze, generally can't do anything else. Swee for example. will just sit there at the cooler nonstop.
Throwing them at a bench will assign them there.

I definitely have little idea of what the math behind captures are for sure. debuffs help a bit... but its tiny. stun baton is worthless. just go shock grenades. have not tried them yet. or stun mines. the traps in general I've not tested to see if they help much. pal friends help here. lit damage shocks. dazzy. ice attacks freeze. hitting them during those shock, stun, freeze periods buffs the chance.

you can "lock" storage by filling them up. for example, the food bins. I want the pals to eat panckes, and stop putting milk, eggs, etc into the food bin. milk/eggs and shit goes into the cooler. put a stack of pancakes in slot 1 of the food bin. (they eat left to right as well). then put a stack of berries into slot 2. split the stack, put some in slot3, split into slot 4, etc. fill it up. They will no longer put anything else in there aside from pancakes or berries. Do this for any other storage you don't want them randomly sticking arrows, and rocks and shit in.
yeah, I suppose in MP smooth brains figuring out why that was done. good luck. make a sign maybe?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Caliane

I got my 3rd flyer yesterday, but haven't tested it yet.
Actually I suppose 4th as well. can't ride either yet. suzaku's saddle is much higher iirc, and just haven't gotten the mats for helzphyrs. helzephyr is the one I want, looks cool.
will have to see how it flys. my vanwrym is a beast. duel elements are stronger then single. fire/dark means its resistant to ice, grass, and neutral damage.

pal.gif

Xevy

Log Wizard
We're using the breeding sheet from datamined (I'd usually just experiment, but there's so many fucking combos) stuff:

Working on omega fast mounts right now, then we'll blast some badass combat Pal's. It takes us ~2 hours for large eggs on our server, so we're doing batches of 8 at a time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Is there any way to see what schematic stats actually make the item or to preview anything with crafting?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Dunno if this has been linked here but this is a great guide

Palworld Interactive Map | Map Genie lets you mark stuff off.

Game reminds me a ton of satisfactory. Same engine, similar graphics. Also had a mechanic to collect things in the world.

• 1Like

Caliane

heres another one.

xiar4iqk8dec1.png

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

couple fun "bugs" people have figured out.

you can capture tower bosses. go attack friendly npcs and get a wanted level. so, the cops come after you. fast travel to a boss tower. make sure they are still there chasing you, zone in, and hide. let the cops aggro the boss. capture the boss. 100% chance. (do this on a back up save, who knows what problems it might cause on an active server.)

pal ball launch. capture a pal. jump onto and climb on top of the pal ball in mid air. get launched when it finishes.

• 1Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Put Vixy in a ranch for tons of pal spheres. Decent qol not having to craft them early game.

• 1Like

Caliane

decent tip for building your remote bases:

decide what you want to build. lets say, you plan to build a palbox, 3beds and a ranch. build them in your primary base first. then cancel the build. this will teleport the exact amounts of items you need from the storage directly to the build, and drop em for you to pick up immediately on cancel.
no need to hunt for where you stored em. no need to remember how much of each thing you need.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
decent tip for building your remote bases:

decide what you want to build. lets say, you plan to build a palbox, 3beds and a ranch. build them in your primary base first. then cancel the build. this will teleport the exact amounts of items you need from the storage directly to the build, and drop em for you to pick up immediately on cancel.
no need to hunt for where you stored em. no need to remember how much of each thing you need.
So you build a second palbox in your primary base and cancel after it's built? How do those mats get transported to the new base if you haven't built a palbox there yet?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I don't think status effected pals ever heal. I've been giving this one lots of cuddles and good food and it is still sad.
20240124073750_1.jpg

Oops
20240124083927_1.jpg

It seemed to like it.

I need to find a critter that grazes and poops out electric organs and pal oil.