Palworld (Pokemon with Guns and Bukkake, minus the Bukkake)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
lol got stuck in a pit here for about 15 minutes. afaik there's no way out if you get stuck in the geometry besides dying. lesson learned: stay the hell away from weird geometric pits

1706136079290.png

1706136116586.png

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Aw fuck I can't edit the thread name after it's been Amodded. Shiiiit I was going to do some more rustling, but I accept defeat.

Also can we get a list of anyone who thought the old title meant fucking Pokemon? Maybe give them some sort of Pokeball badge, covered in jizz.

OR just do the correct thing and give them all Furry titles.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Also real Capture power:

My guildmate was 1 level above me and using the same balls on the same mob on a ~35 mob I had a 22% chance and he had 24% chance. Think level difference was Capture power 6 and Capture Power 7.

Caliane

started my third base. found a spot with 5 coal.
pal3.gif

can also see here. if you place the floor FIRST, you can put the palbox on a surface.

But its very not flat. so experimenting with building here, I figured out a thing or two with stairs. pals don't require snap to, for stairs. lower sections here are NOT touching. second stair even has a visible gap. but they walk up and down just fine.

pal2.gif

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Anyone know the percent increase you get from leveling catch rate via effigies?

I think they have some code fixing to do. I'm level 40, at level 7 (maybe 8, I just logged out) capture boost from effigies. I could be totally WAY off base here but based off of my little bit of testing it seems like each Pal has their own innate capture resistance based off of perks/abilities/something else other than chance. I've had some pals where I've got a 25% on initial tag where I've had to throw 9 sphere's to get it. Even if they're level 9 and I've got them at 5% or less hit points. For instance, Beegardes were a complete pain in the dick for me, even using Hyper Spheres. Night time only pals (again arbitrarily) seem to have a higher capture resistance than daytime ones.

There also seems to be two different % capture rates. The first is obviously you just huck a sphere at it and that tells you what % capture rate you've got. The other is when you "aim" the sphere it tells you the % chance to capture after 2 checks.

Arbitrarily it also seems sphere levels should be used levels as such:

Sphere: Level Range
Pal Sphere: 1-9
Mega Sphere: 10-19
Giga Sphere: 20-29
Hyper Sphere: 30-39
Ultra Sphere: 40-49
Legendary Sphere: 50

TLDR: The in-game reported capture rates are likely not displayed correctly. It's early access. The game hasn't even been out for a week give 'em time. Feel free to crucify me in a week if I'm wrong.

Man I said arbitrary a lot there. Mostly cause I didn't do any hard testing.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Has anyone found a good flat spot for a base? Seems like a lot of shit in my bases just start not working as it becomes a sprawling mess over the y axis.

Like, everyone wants shit like iron and coal, but I just want flat.

And to the above, I had a hell of a time getting 10 Vixy's. Even at almost level 30, catching lvl 2-4 ones. Seems like they had a good 50% chance to shrug it off.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I've got about 45-50 hours into the game so far. If you're reading this thread wondering if you should get it: my opinion is yes. It's a mix of Pokemon + Valheim + Satisfactory + Ark* (I've never played Ark but that's what people say). Is it buggy? Yes, but see below on my wish list of fixes. Is it playable and fun. Fucking 100% yes. I am not a pokemon fanboy. I beat the game growing up but take that with a grain of salt.

As someone who's put a way above average amount of time into the game given how long it's been out below is a list of what I'd suggest they fix first:

1) AI/pathing for pals you've got working at your base. This is 100% what they need to fix first. Full stop. Not even close. The pathing and AI constantly causes many different types of pal's to get stuck and not do what they're supposed to be doing (whether it is gathering, watering, planting, mining, etc).

2) AI/pathing for your pals (when you're not mounted) as well as enemies AI/pathing is awful. It honestly is like fighting guards in Goldeneye on the N64 (or if Natalya was able to fight for you in it).

3) Having your base be a circle and all of the buildables (foundations, walls, etc) be squares is stupid. Simple fix is to make your base a square and make buildables snape to a world grid in addition to that (go check out Satisfactory for reference).

4)There are many UI fixes but first a foremost. Add a minimap to the game.

5) Fix capture rates on spheres particularly for mid game.

That's my top 5 right off the bangle. Awesome game so far. Lots of room for improvement. I really hope they don't shit down their legs with how much income they've been injected with in such a short amount of time. I'm not even that passionate about the game. It's just good.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Has anyone found a good flat spot for a base? Seems like a lot of shit in my bases just start not working as it becomes a sprawling mess over the y axis.

Like, everyone wants shit like iron and coal, but I just want flat.

And to the above, I had a hell of a time getting 10 Vixy's. Even at almost level 30, catching lvl 2-4 ones. Seems like they had a good 50% chance to shrug it off.

I had the same issue and looked around the map. Go to -345, -203. It's a very flat spot. The "Deep Bamboo Thicket" fast travel is just a touch east of the area, and it is just north of the Beakon alpha fight.

1706156320502.png

• 1Like

Caliane

Heres a pretty incredible spot.

Giant large flat area, right next to a way point already. theres even a coal node in there. then.. right down the hill, 8 or 9 iron nodes. they are too far away to get within the base aoe sadly. I'm not sure if you could place two bases right next to each other here, and encompass the whole thing. maybe.
pal4.gif

level 20ish area, center of the map. mount flopie summit.

pal5.gif

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Doubt they have any case. People have already brought up the fact that pretty much everything in Pokemon was a ripoff of something else.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Doubt they have any case. People have already brought up the fact that pretty much everything in Pokemon was a ripoff of something else.
Would be interesting to read what a Japanese IP lawyer with experience in gaming IP has to say about it.

Caliane

gamepass patched to 0.1.1.1
no idea where one would go looking for patch notes for gamepass..

edit:found em. on their discord.

Patch Notice]

・Steam version patch v0.1.3.0
・Xbox version patch v0.1.1.1

Steam version v0.1.3.0 update has been released.
(Xbox version v0.1.1.1 will be released as soon as it is ready)

Changes are as follows: === ▼Main changes ・Fixed a bug where the loading screen did not end when logging into the world ・Fixed a bug where the world date was not displayed correctly and appeared to reset. ・Corrected various incorrect text ・Countermeasures against various cheats and exploits

Last edited:

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Yes. They respawn an hour after the cave is cleared/closes. Also if you dislike the boss you can walk down the hall and come back and it will be a new boss.
Sweet, so I can farm those fuckers for spark plugs and necklaces.

• 1Like