Palworld (Pokemon with Guns and Bukkake, minus the Bukkake)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I haven't finished moving up to it, but there's a very flat area on the NW starter island. It sits completely on a plateau, too. If you place your pal box right, I think there are only 2 stone nodes inside it, otherwise it's completely empty.

Untitled2.png

Untitled.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Finally got to 3rd base. Going to move main base finally from starter area, just not having the room.

Need to find somewhere I can build in a big flat space, i've scouted a few spots that have a sulfur node. I want the entire circle available to build. Probably move ore base to a spot in the north that had both ore + charcoal in one spot. Then have 3rd base in the quartz spots in the ice biome farther north.

I have seen bases, use the z-axis more. You can put the seed farms, production stuff on roof tiles. So just build floors with straight open stairs(too curvy and pals get stuck), and can get more vertical instead of sprawling outward.
Using the vertical sounds like a death trap for pals that will never do their job. Unless there's some way to coerce pals into rooms and never have them leave. Like a sweat shop.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Using the vertical sounds like a death trap for pals that will never do their job. Unless there's some way to coerce pals into rooms and never have them leave. Like a sweat shop.

Yeah not sure. Going to do some testing. just saw in a videos, people had multistory base. The pals would sleep on the middle floor but all the work stuff was up 3 stairs on big stone roof area, where plantations were kept, the assembly belts, all the crafting basically.

This video has the main example I saw, since I was looking up future base locations and this is a quartz spot :

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah not sure. Going to do some testing. just saw in a videos, people had multistory base. The pals would sleep on the middle floor but all the work stuff was up 3 stairs on big stone roof area, where plantations were kept, the assembly belts, all the crafting basically.

This video has the main example I saw, since I was looking up future base locations and this is a quartz spot :
that does look pretty comfy.

Caliane

I'm almost wondering if its just better to have a carryweight crew and go farm yourself. lunaris/king alpaca. a fast mount.
I mean sure, setting your own fast travel to those ore is good.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm almost wondering if its just better to have a carryweight crew and go farm yourself. lunaris/king alpaca. a fast mount.
Yeah I haven't looked anything up to find out what resources are like ore/wood/stone where you need a billion of them and what you could survive with a few hundred in any entire playthrough. I gotta imagine you could place 3 bases that are effective at gathering most resources.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Only problem with these ore type bases is they seem to pause when you're not actively at them. Which kind of defeats the purpose.

Caliane

I suppose its the difference between 24 dedicated server and solo play.

that afk farm going 24h/day when your offline adds up. while that afk farm just going for the 2-3hrs you are playing in a solo game is a world apart.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
A trick for keeping pals on task is to create a room with the desired station, a bed, feeder, whatever they need in it, then lock the door with them in there. Gonna have stacked slave cargo containers galore when I build my next base.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

that afk farm going 24h/day when your offline adds up. while that afk farm just going for the 2-3hrs you are playing in a solo game is a world apart.
No, I mean when you're not physically at the base, but still playing, it seems like a lot of the time the pals just stop doing anything. We have an iron base and unless you visit it every 5 minutes, they stop.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Yeah I'm on a 32? person server. Just me and two others. Feels like they do *something* when you're not there. It feels like they generally mine for ~15 minutes and then sit there idle while their health/sanity drop.

My gameplay loop is to port to my ore base, swap to my cattiva carry squad, pick up the ingots, order a new batch of ingots (which can be hundreds of ingots) then port to my main base and deposit my ingots. This seems to work OK, but not great, on a server. Often when I port over they're all starving and will rush to eat.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
A trick for keeping pals on task is to create a room with the desired station, a bed, feeder, whatever they need in it, then lock the door with them in there. Gonna have stacked slave cargo containers galore when I build my next base.
One of the things that really impresses me about this game is how rigidly the systems are defined.

I run into bugs all the time, and almost all of them can be solved in the game.

First example - PDIF teleported to base, eventually killed them all but pals were flipping out and were bugged trying to attack nothing. Built an alarm bell and turned them all to crafting and they just sent back to normal.

Second example - went to kill boss in cave, turned to night as I am walking in, pitch black and literally no idea how to get out. Don't have torch or anything. Summon oserk who has glowy shoulders and can see enough to navigate.

I don't know how else to describe it but everything is very tightly coupled which is probably a bad idea for distributed development but makes the systems super responsive. Works out very well for this type of game.

Last edited:

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only problem with these ore type bases is they seem to pause when you're not actively at them. Which kind of defeats the purpose.
What? Mine work as long as I am in the game. Since its not a dedicated server running 24/7. But I can go explore, craft do other things, then hop to the ore base , and have 1k ore sitting waiting for me to pick up. I never sit at one. The will mine the 7 or so ore and then do nothing as they wait for it to respawn. If you want them to always be doing something, could put a stone quarry there to have them do that between ore respawns.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm putting this game on ice until a lot of the pathing/AI gets worked out. The entire point of this game is the "gotta catch them all!" and the subsequent meta game of finding the "right" Pals to automate your bases like an autismo.

But with the horrible pathing, the wonky AI, inability to "assign" Pals, etc.? Meh, it just feels like the game's "core" just isn't quite fully realized yet. Fun game, but I'm putting my time toward Enshrouded for now while they iron out some stuff.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly the throwing them at a bench/station and it not assigning is the most annoying. I haven't had much issue with pathing, as I spread stuff out a bit and left room to move around, especially for the big ones.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I haven't had much issue with pathing, as I spread stuff out a bit and left room to move around, especially for the big ones.
Right, but how limited is the whole idea of building if the solution to bad pathing is, "just build in a giant ass 256x256x256 field"? Half the fun of survival games is building in interesting locations and building interesting things. In Palworld, you basically want to build a 4x4x4 house with a bed in it and literally everything else outside in a giant, open field.

Caliane

I moved the food, ranch, beds and berry farm in my iron ore base, to add a breeding farm. this... made them start being WAY more effective at mining iron..
there was no obvious pathing issue previously. they walked up and down to beds, etc no problem.

cake in the ranch doesn't have a decay timer.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
In fairness, it just released to early access.
Absolutely. I think Palword is a great game with an awesome concept. Like I said, there's something about it that is damn fun.

I just find the AI/pathing issues too frustrating to the "core" of what the game is trying to be to continue to try and split time between it and Enshrouded. I'll wait for them to patch this up a bit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Somehow I'd never even noticed that my superhigh elevated base has coal nodes too down the side on a cliff ledge.
20240126152730_1.jpg

I put a miner and hauler and a box with a couple beds and a feed box and built a winding stairway down to it.
20240126153246_1.jpg

Atop the cliff are 7 iron nodes and all the processing stuff and farms and ranch and such. This is my only base right now.
20240126153252_1.jpg

They can't use the stairs at all sadly.. I fully expect this to go super haywire while I'm offline.
20240126153301_1.jpg

Offline does work for me, but mining on this save doesn't. Seems like they only produce food. My last save on another server, I just had a purely mining operation up here, and I'd go to sleep and log back in to 2000 ore in the chest.