Palworld (Pokemon with Guns and Bukkake, minus the Bukkake)

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Anyone know what the pal stat in The top left corner next to the empty stars indicates? Little round blue bubble. I have one that has a +2. Rest are all still zero

Caliane

Absolutely. I think Palword is a great game with an awesome concept. Like I said, there's something about it that is damn fun.

I just find the AI/pathing issues too frustrating to the "core" of what the game is trying to be to continue to try and split time between it and Enshrouded. I'll wait for them to patch this up a bit.
the A.i. pathing is going to be a thing. There's a reason other studios dont do this. Look at bannerlord trying to get units to climb ladders.
Literally ANY game with multiple levels, etc. npcs get confused. Adding in player construction and the ability to change the pathing layout. a nightmare.

The sane thing to do, will be to cheat. Phasing/clipping. On noes, the enemy phased through the walls!. yeah well that the price to pay so YOUR npcs don't get stuck everywhere constantly. Phasing through walls, phasing through ceilings, etc whenever they get blocked. fall through the ground? teleport up.
Look at how something like terraria deals with it. enemies phase through walls, so they can't be cheesed so much.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone know what the pal stat in The top left corner next to the empty stars indicates? Little round blue bubble. I have one that has a +2. Rest are all still zero
You leveled them up at the condenser. It's where you sacrifice pals of the same type.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

stars are condensed pal level. pals feed to that one, up to rank 5. 4,16,32,64

ghost/soul/bubble is souls invested. at the statue.
pal6.gif

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
This game is, I wouldn't say Shallow, but very basic in a lot of ways. The combat, the world, the itemization, and leveling. But that's not a bad thing, it's really a more relaxed Survival where you're not pushing to level XXX to get XXX item to REALLY play the game. There's definitely things that boost efficiency, but even at ~45 there's not one thing outside of certain individual Pals (ANUBIS, Jormuntide Ignis) that change the game.

But where it IS deep is breeding. If you haven't looked up the google doc I'd recommend it. I'd definitely recommend NOT increasing incubation timers either because even with the standard incubation timers to get the right perks on the right pal may take like 12 hours real time. But the perks you can mix and match on certain pals is really where the game shines. I bred some battle turtles and I have a +30% attack +30% defense Digtoise who's got something like 900 defense at level 38. Just an absolute tank. The reddit is full of people showing off their ultra milk farmer cows with like +70% work speed +50% sanity or whatever or their +90% attack Chikipeas. Stuff is great. We've got a 2x multiplier on eggs so unfortunately the biggest eggs take between 4 and 6 hours for us, but we've got ~30 incubators. But getting stuff like a Swift/Runner/Musclehead mount and flying mount ASAP is HUUUUGE QoL. And as mentioned make sure to condense them as it levels up their stats AND the rank of their Pal Partner skill stat. So for mounts that means MORE speed, MORE HEIGHT, and MORE flying stamina. We calculated it seems to be about a flat 10% bonus to the base each pal partner level up. One of the guys has an omega Fenglope he's bred 100+ of, at level 4 with Swift/Runner and the thing literally double just maybe 100 feet? It's 50% more than my Rayhounds double jump. Absolutely nuts.

The breeding and modification of Pals in this game is 100% the feature that shines. A lot of the rest of it is pretty basic, but that's fine. Combat could definitely be smoother, better progression that wasn't a MSQ would be cool, and obviously Pal AI needs work which they've addressed is prio 1.

With the right updates/MODS(!!!) this shit could be an alternate Rust style game for people who dip in and out of survival games for content patches.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This game is, I wouldn't say Shallow, but very basic in a lot of ways. The combat, the world, the itemization, and leveling. But that's not a bad thing, it's really a more relaxed Survival where you're not pushing to level XXX to get XXX item to REALLY play the game. There's definitely things that boost efficiency, but even at ~45 there's not one thing outside of certain individual Pals (ANUBIS, Jormuntide Ignis) that change the game.

But where it IS deep is breeding. If you haven't looked up the google doc I'd recommend it. I'd definitely recommend NOT increasing incubation timers either because even with the standard incubation timers to get the right perks on the right pal may take like 12 hours real time. But the perks you can mix and match on certain pals is really where the game shines. I bred some battle turtles and I have a +30% attack +30% defense Digtoise who's got something like 900 defense at level 38. Just an absolute tank. The reddit is full of people showing off their ultra milk farmer cows with like +70% work speed +50% sanity or whatever or their +90% attack Chikipeas. Stuff is great. We've got a 2x multiplier on eggs so unfortunately the biggest eggs take between 4 and 6 hours for us, but we've got ~30 incubators. But getting stuff like a Swift/Runner/Musclehead mount and flying mount ASAP is HUUUUGE QoL. And as mentioned make sure to condense them as it levels up their stats AND the rank of their Pal Partner skill stat. So for mounts that means MORE speed, MORE HEIGHT, and MORE flying stamina. We calculated it seems to be about a flat 10% bonus to the base each pal partner level up. One of the guys has an omega Fenglope he's bred 100+ of, at level 4 with Swift/Runner and the thing literally double just maybe 100 feet? It's 50% more than my Rayhounds double jump. Absolutely nuts.

The breeding and modification of Pals in this game is 100% the feature that shines. A lot of the rest of it is pretty basic, but that's fine. Combat could definitely be smoother, better progression that wasn't a MSQ would be cool, and obviously Pal AI needs work which they've addressed is prio 1.

With the right updates/MODS(!!!) this shit could be an alternate Rust style game for people who dip in and out of survival games for content patches.
Yeah, the "base" of Palword has insane potential. I think if the devs are good and continue to update it well, this game has massive potential to sell copies for years and years, similar to a No Man's Sky.

I think Enshrouded is the more "complete" game right now, but Enshrouded definitely feels like one of those "one and done" type of survival games, similar to a V-Rising. Something you play once, maaaaaaybe again on a big DLC update or something like that, but that's about it. Whereas Palworld is a game I'd return to over and over assuming they do well with their updates and bug fixing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I finally picked a spot for a base that aren't just mining factories. Moved all my shit which was a pain in the ass and I'm pretty sure I lost a bunch of crap along the way since I was missing like 5k flame organs <_<, but I have so much of everything at this point it doesn't matter. Just need to rebuild everything here next and get it up and running. Looks dope af at night with the volcano biodome in the background.

1706322390425.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What I plan to do. 2 ore bases and 1 base in a big flat open area to build in.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Using the vertical sounds like a death trap for pals that will never do their job. Unless there's some way to coerce pals into rooms and never have them leave. Like a sweat shop.
I have a 3 floor vertical base and it works well. I made sure every entrance and stairwell was double wide and each floor had a ceiling two wall tiles high so all but the absolute largest pals move without much issue.

They still get stuck on every tree outside though

• 1Like

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How do you get the 3rd floor? I've tried so many times to create multi level buildings, but can only get a 2nd floor. No matter what pieces I use, when it tries to let me place the floor, it just drops 2 pieces of wood.

Lenas

Trump's Staff

I covered the entire floor of my base with foundation because I was sick of things getting stuck on trees. Took a while to get it at the right elevation for a truly flat surface across my whole base.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I have a 3 floor vertical base and it works well. I made sure every entrance and stairwell was double wide and each floor had a ceiling two wall tiles high so all but the absolute largest pals move without much issue.

Hmm I might try a doublewide windy stairway down to my coal

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
How do you get the 3rd floor? I've tried so many times to create multi level buildings, but can only get a 2nd floor. No matter what pieces I use, when it tries to let me place the floor, it just drops 2 pieces of wood.

The way I get it done is to make a support wall to attach the stairs/slanted roof pieces then you can stack as many as you want.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Doublewide needs alot of stability. I tried walling down to the ground below and sticking an unsnapped foundation underneath but it didn't help.
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.jpg

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Looks like a new patch this morning but I don't see any notes on it yet.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I got it built, but since most of it is outside the bounds of the base, they sit at the border and jitter. I think if there's a base attack they might use it, but I haven't had one in a long time.
20240127085331_1.jpg

Do the base boundaries extend with level?

Caliane

no. but you can build outside your base boundary's at any time. will decay on default. can be adjusted in server settings.