Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ever since the announced kickstarter goal ($800,000) the whole thing looked shady.
I think the same would have happened if the kickstarter was successful with a little over $800,000. The project would be put on hold eventually.

I'm a big fan of the MMO's idea but God damn the whole project was amateurish at best (I'm starting to consider the whole thing as a scam to get a few hundred thousand bucks).

JarekStorm_sl

shitlord
I was very excited at first, but it became clear that absolutely nothing substantial was being presented after only a few weeks into the Kickstarter. There was no evidence of any planning before the Kickstarter whatsoever. The most frustrating part for me is that had this been done correctly, by more competent people, then perhaps an oldschool PvE MMO in the image of Classic EQ could have been created.

I honestly don't want to play the game they were talking about after the KS failed. The more they showed, the less interested I became. Much of it reminded me of Peter Molyneux's level of over-complicated and unrealistic mess. The lore was hideous, most of the names were generic and amateurish, it was fucking sad man, especially for an oldschool EQ fan like myself.

All they needed was to show very basic concepts, with working gameplay and original art. But of course they had none of that, and relied on "lore" smoke and mirrors to keep the true believers strung along and the money, what little there was of it, trickling in.

Anyway, that's that I guess.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I pledged 250$ at the beginning of the KS, despite it being extremely amateurish. After it became clear that they had absolutely nothing to show and were making shit up as they went along, my last hope was that they would pull the KS before the end. Finish at least a small prototype with a bare-bones-team of 3-4 people, flesh out the mechanics/lore/races/classes and do another KS 6 month from now. I pulled my pledge when they abandoned the KS and started to work on the website. I did not give them any money after the KS.

I am glad this is over, was a horrible mess from start to finish.

Ephemeros_sl

shitlord
Just some new info.. The KTAM guys were joking around saying they were community manager and he took that as being real and rage quit lol.. It was just a tongue and cheek comment. They were never promoted to that position.
Sounds like some quality and stable community manager material right there.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
150k that was originally labeled as going to developing the game. In the interview tonight and talking with Salim on the boards tonight a completely different narrative was shown. Brad stated that the money so far has gone towards making this yet to be seen demo, mostly lore was made other than that. Then in the chat room Salim says that the demo was mostly done before kickstarter, that the combat and engine was already in the current state. So where the fuck did the 150k go? Oh that's right... to back pay for all those hard worked months...

Naturally I'm angry and any supporter should be (financially or spiritually). We'll see where it goes from here
smile.png
Yea, Salim saying they had a demo (pre-KS or otherwise) is flat out bullshit. During the KS, they (I think it was Ben, not sure) stated they had 'nothing else' at one point when they were getting screamed at as to why they had not put more stuff on the KS. If you're going to lie about stuff, at least all get on the same page so the lies are the same. I didn't want to buy into all the shady conspiracy talk but it's hard not to. This is an example of trying to sell someone when you have absolutely nothing to sell. Then you resort to lying. Having any sort of demo is a lie. This idea that angel investors are lining up (in the hopes that brings more interest from fans) is also a lie.

It proves that there are not only snake oil salesmen in the world, but seriously gullible people as well.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
I pledged 250$ at the beginning of the KS, despite it being extremely amateurish. After it became clear that they had absolutely nothing to show and were making shit up as they went along, my last hope was that they would pull the KS before the end. Finish at least a small prototype with a bare-bones-team of 3-4 people, flesh out the mechanics/lore/races/classes and do another KS 6 month from now. I pulled my pledge when they abandoned the KS and started to work on the website. I did not give them any money after the KS.

I am glad this is over, was a horrible mess from start to finish.
This right here. This is what a bunch of us were fuckingbeggingfor. It seems like the common sense thing to do. I have no idea why we were ignored.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Out of a mix of boredom and morbid curiosity, I've been tracking the supporters/funds on their front page for the last 10 days or so. What I've learned from this venture is that the "supporters" are not necessarily people who gave money (guessing that it's just the number of people who made an account on their forums).

And that as they say, is that.
Can we get an update on this?
wink.png

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is great. Fuck the morons in this thread who lead on like this pile of shit ever had a chance. This thread was a joke from the time the other one got rickshawed.

I'd say I told you so but more than just me did that.
The best part about this was the white knights jumping on us for referencing Brads drug abuse like it was a tired meme. It clearly was not and now we will go through and make a list of the people who supported this piece of shit and make fun of the bastards.

P.S.
I see soy was a massive backer of this project on his KS page.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, Salim saying they had a demo (pre-KS or otherwise) is flat out bullshit. During the KS, they (I think it was Ben, not sure) stated they had 'nothing else' at one point when they were getting screamed at as to why they had not put more stuff on the KS. If you're going to lie about stuff, at least all get on the same page so the lies are the same. I didn't want to buy into all the shady conspiracy talk but it's hard not to. This is an example of trying to sell someone when you have absolutely nothing to sell. Then you resort to lying. Having any sort of demo is a lie. This idea that angel investors are lining up (in the hopes that brings more interest from fans) is also a lie.

It proves that there are not only snake oil salesmen in the world, but seriously gullible people as well.
Salim isn't lying. They did have a combat prototype during the KS. Brad even mentioned it a few times, which led us to ask to see it. I think the issue regarding the demo is after the KS, they stopped working on it and shifted to game development.

Personally, I think they switched to demo instead of full production when the angel investor pulled out or they realized the crowd fund wasn't going to happen. If I had to guess, they have a polished visual demo with basic combat. This part isn't sitting well with the members. I still think we are missing part of the story as well. We went from Ogre week to hibernation mode.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
The best part about this was the white knights jumping on us for referencing Brads drug abuse like it was a tired meme. It clearly was not and now we will go through and make a list of the people who supported this piece of shit and make fun of the bastards.

P.S.
u r so cool make sure to root them all out !

Quaid

Trump's Staff

P.S.
Making reference to Brad's personal life was, and remains, incredibly uncool.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I've known plenty of drug addicts that were incredibly competent in their professional lives.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Congrats, but this isn't one of them.
I'm not saying Brad is some rock star that smashes rails and then pumps out A1 shit. That's clearly not the case. I'm saying drug use is not good at predicting professional performance, and stating otherwise is just not accurate. Not very classy either...

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not saying Brad is some rock star that smashes rails and then pumps out A1 shit. That's clearly not the case. I'm saying drug use is not good at predicting professional performance, and stating otherwise is just not accurate. Not very classy either...
Nothing to do with class. Do you want someone with a known drug issue, that affected his previous work , working for you or on something you want(and in charge) or not. Pretty obvious answer. Less sympathy, he only brought it on himself.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Agreed. While the occasional one-liner being snorted can be funny, why hold one alleged aspect of Brad's character against him from so many years ago? That shows a flaw in the person not able to forgive or move on. And it's pointless when there are scores of other more relevant things one can hold against Brad. Why hang him over personal problems of the past when you can just watch him hang himself over professional failures of the present.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Nothing to do with class. Do you want someone with a known drug issue, that affected his previous work , working for you or on something you want(and in charge) or not. Pretty obvious answer. Less sympathy, he only brought it on himself.
In Brad's defense, there seems to be a ton of other character and business flaws he possesses that undermine everything he does in life. Alleged drug use was clearly a symptom of the greater failure that is Brad. His professional failures and ineptitude probably led to drug use (allegedly), probably not drug use leading to professional failures.