Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Sorry.. KTAM. Anyway, they referenced having another sit down after Brad spoke to everyone. I wonder how the "sit down" with each team member? Has anyone heard from an inside source?

I'm still a little shaky when Brad mentioned how they completed what they set out to do (business plan, term sheet, and demo) when this project fell flat on it's face. I'm not sure how the three things Brad referenced was "it" when they wanted all those millions of dollars? If they had those goals then the KS should had been much lower and they shouldn't have put so much text out there as it was very misleading in my mind.

Brad should have done this incrementally so there was much less for both his team and his supporter to lose. The exposure was far too great and they died by that...

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Most of the team found out the project was stopping when Brad announced it on ktam.

I think there is a meeting in the works for this week.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Most of the team found out the project was stopping when Brad announced it on ktam.

I think there is a meeting in the works for this week.
One thing I do have to say is I was surprised just how professional some of the team was on the radio show.

Whoever James is (Rochelle I believe) seemed like a very nice guy on the show.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea the team is pretty awesome. A lot of us stayed on till 4am and bullshitted. I mostly listened to some of their ideas and industry stories. They are a capable bunch. They just need a leader.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Yea the team is pretty awesome. A lot of us stayed on till 4am and bullshitted. I mostly listened to some of their ideas and industry stories. They are a capable bunch. They just need a leader.
Agreed and honestly I think Brad has his place, it just isn't in the Captain's chair.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Agreed and honestly I think Brad has his place, it just isn't in the Captain's chair.
Salim had some really telling words with that. I don't know if these guys would work with him even if he just stayed an idea guy..

but there are definitely ideas floating around with the rest of the team.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Salim had some really telling words with that. I don't know if these guys would work with him even if he just stayed an idea guy..

Cliff notes? I didnt hear the interview with him.

iannis

Musty Nester
Like those guys that used to pickpocket the goblin that you were fighting in runneye and actually macrobrag about it while they were doing it. "Woah! I just got 30 copper!" "YOINK"

That shit was just funny.

Good times. Good times.

kudos

<Banned>
Did Brad even copyright any of this shit? I wonder if the team can just take all the work and continue on their own.

Gecko_sl

shitlord

I haven't kept up with this outside of the cliff notes here, but at the end was the team still 9 designers, 1 coder, and a Vu?

That's not a team. That's a tabletop gaming session dreaming of their own MMO.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Did anyone see this one:
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...f-Sandbox.html

Pretty interesting, team Brad could do Pantheon as a shard in Shards Online
wink.png

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven't kept up with this outside of the cliff notes here, but at the end was the team still 9 designers, 1 coder, and a Vu?

That's not a team. That's a tabletop gaming session dreaming of their own MMO.
excluding Brad, Tom and Ben.

3 artist
3 Devs
1 programmer
1 Vu (he seems to be able to do multiple things)

I also know a few of them were learning other programs to chip in with certain game functions. I don't have all those details tho.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
They are going to run into the same issue if they don't have something tangible to show. In fact, they may even have a harder road to climb if they are trying the crowdfunding route since most of the people who are interested in this type of game followed this project, they know what was produced (what little there was) and most people weren't impressed.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did Brad even copyright any of this shit? I wonder if the team can just take all the work and continue on their own.
Honestly, I hope Brad did. Simply for the fact that the stupid "fallen god, rise to power" nonsense was fucking dumb to begin with. Scrap the entire thing and go with the traditional scrub nobody beginnings and slowly fight your way to victory.