Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
We'll never know, and you can never prove it, but with how little work got put into that Kickstarter and the lack of absolutely anything related to the project after "months of pro-bono full on development" I don't see how it's anything else. He was just trying to cash in on the trend of early-access shovelware garbage. If you consider that an honest attempt made in good faith then sure, I guess. I consider it intentional scamming. It's not like he's the only one to have this idea. If you've looked at Steam lately it is just chock full of this crap. And all of them offer more than Brad offered.

It really is just the fact that he had nothing. And that's not hyperbole. He had a few pages long winded and meaningless concept text documents, probably self-plagiarized from older work. During the time the kickstarter was running they still produced nothing. None of this points to an intention of delivering any product at all, to me. At no point has he actually done anything except for ask for money.

Do you expect him to say, "This is a scam."? If he'd been producing something and it didn't work, that's incompetence. He didn't even meet that bar.
i think he just thought that his name alone would be enough to get him a few million dollars on the KS and decided that minimal work needed to be done to actually raise that amount. he probably saw what star citizen and other games from ex gaming gods were getting and thought "i created everquest, i should be able to get the same amount on name alone." obviously, he was wrong, but again, i don't look at that as intentional fleecing, but as just plain old incompetence and egotism. at this point, yes, i believe it's intentional fleecing. because there's no way in hell he actually believes this is ever going to become a functioning MMO going forward.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i think he just thought that his name alone would be enough to get him a few million dollars on the KS and decided that minimal work needed to be done to actually raise that amount. he probably saw what star citizen and other games from ex gaming gods were getting and thought "i created everquest, i should be able to get the same amount on name alone." obviously, he was wrong, but again, i don't look at that as intentional fleecing, but as just plain old incompetence and egotism. at this point, yes, i believe it's intentional fleecing. because there's no way in hell he actually believes this is ever going to become a functioning MMO going forward.
That's exactly what he thought. He all but told me in an email once.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I went and looked at that forum. No way I'd post there, it'd be the internet equivalent of poking retarded kids with a stick.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
They're nuts

Makes Draegan look like (famous forum Admin that allows posting freedom????)

My joke engine is broken